Serves meat, veg options available. Indian food near the city center. Nearly 1/2 of the menu is vegetarian. Inexpensive buffet lunch. Lists the ingredients. Call for hours - tell us. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Delivery, Non-veg
4A, Civic Centre Rd
Southampton, England SO14 7FJ

First Review by gins
StephenByrd
StephenByrd

Namaste Southampton

Posted on 05 / 18 / 2011

I have visited here for 5 yrs,the daytime buffet is superb and by night I have a Masala Dosa,Mango Lassi and Daal and Curries.
They are exceptionally good!

Pros: excellent food, good value, friendly staff
Gez
Gez

Excellent Restaurant

Posted on 10 / 24 / 2010

I've eaten here many times and the food is extremely good. The service is attentive and friendly. The vegetarian options are wide and varied and everything I have had has been delicious. I've eaten here at lunchtimes when they do a buffet for £7.95 which is execellent value for money - there are always at least three vegetarian starters and three mains plus rice, pickles and salad and dessert. I've also eaten here in the evening, as a couple and as a large group, either way the service and the food have been wonderful. The food is regional from Kerala and is clearly made from fresh ingredients. Definitely worth a visit!

gins
gins

Wonderful India vegetarian food

Posted on 02 / 07 / 2010

Although this Indian restaurant is not 100% vegetarian it has a wonderful selection of vegetarian dishes. Kerala is very famous in India for produces delicious and varied vegetarian dishes. And this restaurant will not let you down. I think there was two pages of vegetarian starters alone. And the choices were varied with lots of new Indian dishes I had never tried or even heard of before. As we could not decide what to get ended up ordering lots of dishes and leaving very full and very satisfied. I think many of the dessert had dairy in and were buttery - not sure if they can make them vegan friendly.

Pros: Varied menu, Friendly staff, Delicious food
Cons: Buttery desserts

Dear Owner and Manager of Nameste Kerala: