Typical Uruguay cuisine turned vegetarian (lacto). No eggs, onion, or garlic used. At midday a dish-of-the-day is offered. Try the doblado Indonesia. Cozy, relaxed atmosphere. Please send phone number as the previous one, 59827095554, reportedly doesn't work. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Juice bar, Uruguayan, Beer/Wine
Boulevard Artigas 1176 (Canelones, Pocitos area)
Montevideo, Uruguay

Maddita
Maddita

Perfect!!!

Posted on 02 / 17 / 2014

The prices might not be the cheapest, but I think it's worth it because the food is really good, with really big servings, the service is impeccable, the place looks so beautiful and the atmosphere is very relaxing.

You get what you pay for :)

There's many vegan choices!

Only thing they could improve would be the desserts: they could have more vegan options than only fruit salad :/ But I didn't even get space in my stomach for that!

Pros: Relaxing atmosphere, Great food!, Big portions!
Cons: Could have more vegan desserts.
ImmerWeiter
ImmerWeiter

Very good food with a nice and attentive service

Posted on 02 / 28 / 2013

I was there on 15 Feb 2013, a Friday evening, with my girlfriend. At this day they only opened at 8:30pm. It was well attended, but not crowded, giving a nice atmosphere in the room with the chairs. If you feel like sitting on the floor in their other room, you could have a rather private dinner, no customer was using it at that time.
They don't label the vegan options in the menu, so you have to ask, and speak Spanish. But then they are very flexible to make a dish vegan, e.g. instead of mozzarella they'll use tofu for the chivito.
The chivito on a plate (260 pesos) was very good and I was happy to enjoy a traditional Uruguayan meal in a vegan version.
The doblado (215 pesos), my girlfriend had, was also very nice.
We also chose 10 small spring rolls (160 pesos) and a salad (200 pesos) as a starter.
Rather high prices, but also good quality and a very nice and attentive service, so absolutely recommended for a nice dinner in the evening.

Pros: Very good local specialties, Easy to find location, Very nice and attentive service
Cons: No English menu, Vegan food not labelled, Prices not for a daily visit
Herols
Herols

very good!

Posted on 01 / 24 / 2013

A blow of fresh vegan air for a meat loving city!

Pros: quesadillas very very good, vegan friendly, good and attentive service
Cons: cannot sit outside

cuckooworld
cuckooworld

lucky

Posted on 01 / 24 / 2013

We were really going for another restaurant when we stumbled into this one. Only customers but tried 3 dishes. I think doblado/quesadilla without cheese was our favorite. Not a fan o tofu or seitan though. But we got to support this very nice effort

Pros: quesadilla, service, vegan options no problem
Cons: we like outside in the sun
juliotnunes
juliotnunes

Namaste

Posted on 09 / 08 / 2010

Very nice place but you are chraged for the silverware. I am not sure there is a way around not getting charged for this. There is one vegan option which is very excellent. If you are a travel on a budget this is not the place to go, but if money is not an option then check it out.

Pros: Expsensive
felipe
felipe

Namaste - we salute you

Posted on 04 / 19 / 2010

Namaste is the best vegetarian restaurant in Montevideo. There is a very nice atmosphere. You can sit on the floor in one sector, or just use chairs and tables in another one.
There is a "menu of the day", which is being updated every single day, at very convenient price. There are other dishes like "the doblados". My favourite one is the "doblado indonesia", wish is very tasty and nourishing.

Hope you can enjoy it too.

Pros: tasty, nice atmosphere, good quality of food
Cons: at night it only opens fridays and satur
Artikai
Artikai
  • raw

A breath of fresh air in a country of meat

Posted on 03 / 06 / 2010

I found this oasis in Montevideo thanks to happy cow. I instantly fell in love. It an old town house with loads of charm and love put into every part of the interior and food. I came here for lunch and ended up coming for dinner too. Having healthy food again felt amazing and I ended up chatting to one of the staff for a couple of hours. If I lived in Montevideo i would visit this place all the time. You have a choice of tables with chairs or tables with cushons. The food is good, but the ambience is so chilled and relaxed, it wouldn`t have mattered if it wasn`t quite as good as it was (which was very good inddeed). So, yeah, you get the idea. I loved this place. I hope you do too.

Pros: Amazing ambience, Beautiful food, Good Value
estherweyl
estherweyl

Namaste

Posted on 06 / 29 / 2009

Montevideo is famous for its meat's dishes, so it is quite difficult to find a vegetarian restaurant here, especially a good one, but I got lucky - Namaste is an excellent restaurant and the street where it is located is very easy to find. The food is great and it is cooked accordingly to the yoga fundamentals - no garlic, onion... Moreover the environment is really nice, you feel like you are at home. I recommend Namaste for everyone that visits Uruguay, even the non vegetarian ones.

Dear Owner and Manager of Namaste: