Namaskar Vegetarian Restaurant

Serves Chinese and Filipino food and also sells some herbal products. Previously named Vegetarian House. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Chinese, Filipino

First Review by Macbethedge
Zambezikid
Zambezikid

Imaginative menu

3 Posted on 11 / 04 / 2013

This place is just the forecourt of a Philippine family house in central Puerto Princesa. I was pleasantly surprised by the menu options - lots of rice based dishes from around Asia with lots of imaginative uses of gluten and veggie protein. Cheap too and the food was cooked well.

Main downside was its attitude to opening times. It opens when it feels like it. I tried 3 times and only open once ... even then I was told that 'my mother is out so we're not open'.

I really don't mind this casual attitude, it's their restaurant after all. However, it's not much help to customers that have to pay for transport to go there when it is supposedly open only to find it is closed again ...

Pros: Varied menu, Good preparation, Cheap
Cons: Often closed
Eric_
Eric_

Basic and simple and good

4 Posted on 01 / 07 / 2013

Should admit that I visited in July 2011. Still remember it though, an oasis in a vegetarian unfriendly country. Very simple and basic place - but good food.

Pros: Price, Location
flash
flash

Nice restaurant with lot of vegan option.

4 Posted on 05 / 18 / 2012

Fake meat and fish options available. Very good place to bring your non-vegetarian friends, even Filipino people will find something they like. We tried the "chiken BBQ" iand everybody was really surprised. I definitely like this place. They are close on Sunday and sometimes they close for one hour if the owner need to go bank or buy something. :-)

Pros: Good value, Large choice, Friendly staff
Macbethedge
Macbethedge

Clean and good

4 Posted on 03 / 17 / 2012

Really easy to find, open everyday 9 to 9. Menu with pictures, not everything is vegan though but the waitress is really helpful. My fav. is the ham burger. really cheap too!
Better in the morning before they run out of buns,etc.

Pros: clean, cheap, menu with pictures

Dear Owner and Manager of Namaskar Vegetarian Restaurant: