Namas Te

Vegetarian restaurant and tea shop serving variety of imported teas, plus fresh fruit juices, afternoon sweets. Each day there is a set menu as well as fixed lunch beginning at noon (sometimes runs out fast, but there are other menu items such as veggie burger, eggplant, salads, fruit). Eclectic music, artwork, and outdoor garden. Location is a few blocks from Plaza San Pedro, just south of Almirante Grau on Zoilo Flores. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Bolivian, Western
Zoila Flores 1334 (Colombia and Almirante Grau)
La Paz, Bolivia

Open Mon-Fri 8:30am-7pm, Sat 8:30am-4pm, closed Sun.

First Review by iceicekati
jess-flowerchild
jess-flowerchild

fantastic vegan options

3 Posted on 06 / 15 / 2014

Lovely cafe and friendly staff.
I Visited this cafe twice when in la Paz. Firstly I had guacamole and corn chips as I wasn't feeling to well. My friend had the vegan taco which had soy meat and she loved it. Normally I wouldn't eat soy meat but it was done well and tasted nice.
Prices were reasonable.
Second time I had the vegan pad Thai with tofu, also very tasty but pretty rich and a vegan pattie/ empanada which was lovely and only 5 bolivianos.
They offer soy milk also so was able to have a soy latte which was nice. Not the same as home but still nice.
Recommend this cafe to all, large space, nice music and relaxing vibe.

OneSuitcase
OneSuitcase

Fresh, delicious food served by friendly staff

5 Posted on 02 / 23 / 2014

I ate several lunches and dinners at Namas Te over three days. Highly recommended.

Fresh, delicious ingredients, friendly staff, good service. My favorite meal was the Croquetas de Tofu which came with a fresh salad (see photo). The tasty house wine at 12Bs/glass was a good deal too.

(My only suggested improvement: install a front door that automatically closes when someone enters or departs the restaurant. Unfortunately, the current door often remain ajar after someone leaves or enters, dumping all the passing traffic noise into Namas Te's otherwise peaceful and pleasant space.)

Pros: Fresh, delicious food, Good value, Friendly staff
Cons: Traffic noise from street
DIANE240378
DIANE240378

very friendly owner&staff

5 Posted on 08 / 18 / 2013

Amazing food&staff with great choices for vegans. The owner took time out to chat with me in english. I was so amazed to find tahini spread for sale there i just had to buy it. The owner suggested other restaurants for me to try when namaste was closed which was really helpful. Thank you namaste for helping me on my travels, miss you xx

Pros: vegan friendly, friendly staff, great location
rosenhaj
rosenhaj

Simply the Best

5 Posted on 12 / 10 / 2012

I have been living in La Paz for three months now and Namas Te is by FAR the best vegetarian food I have come accross. I go at least once a week and order something new every time. The atmosphere is charming and relaxed, the servers and owners are lovely, and the food is delicious without fail. Can't go wrong with the almuerzo for 20 bs, but the a la cart options are also great. Can't give this restaurant a high enough rating!

Marcelo
Marcelo

Great place!

4 Posted on 06 / 29 / 2012

For breakfast we had quinoa porridge with soy milk and vegan tucumanas, which was great. For lunch we decided to try a traditional bolivian dish in its vegan variation (chicharron) which was not so great, it was only fried soy meat. But we also had a pad thai and an onion soup both of which were delicious. We also had some RAW cookies which were amazing.

The owners are very friendly and helpful too.

Pros: Great food, Unexpensive, Nice atmosphere and friendly staff
Cons: Not 100% vegan
  • elvia elvia

Hello Marcelo! First of all so very sorry for the delay in responding to your post. Thank you very much for your generous review and for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our "Namas Te Vegetarian Restaurant" in La Paz. So glad you enjoyed most of what you ordered. We try very hard to make our menu items varied, using novel ingredients and full-filling. Furthermore it is very important to us in doing this not only for the taste but also to nix the false idea that vegetarians don't have many choices in their food and flavors - when we do!! "Happy Cow" is a wonderful place where one can find dependable and true tried places to eat all over the world with well researched information. We're grateful to be on their list. Thanks very much once again and namaste. elvia

AgnesLanker
AgnesLanker

El Paraiso

5 Posted on 05 / 13 / 2012

Namas Te is the best vegetarian/vegan restaurant in La Paz. The lady in charge is lovely, the food amazing (and cheap!) and the atmosphere cosy and inspiring. GO THERE!

Pros: Lovely food, Cheap, Friendly staff
Cons: Tiny restaurant

Hello Agnes Lanker:
    Thank you very much for taking the time to post your experience and for giving us such high ratings. We make a very conscious effort to make our menu items varied, interesting and most of all, delicious. Your review just makes us want to continue pleasing anyone who visits our little corner in beautiful La Paz. With much appreciation, namaste from Namas Te in Bolivia - elvia

Stevie
Stevie

Namas Te, La Paz

5 Posted on 01 / 28 / 2012

I rocked in here on Thursday. The lady who served me initially didn't speak any English but she brought the guy from the back who seems to run the joint. He has lived in the states and very usefully with my improving but still abysmal Spanish, speaks perfect English.

The menu is both languages with vegan items clearly marked as such. There was a vast array of temptations to behold so I went for the veg soup and also quinoa tabuleh followed by his recommendation for a main course. The menu says expect to wait 20 mins minimum as all is prepared freshly. While waiting I was brought out some lovely bread with a Bolivian salsa style dip that was delicious. Simiarly the soup was great and very hearty after which I was full. I had a go at the rest but could make no further impression. I thus asked for the remains to be wrapped so I could eat later.

Added to this a real zinger of a freshly squeezed fruit juice, it came in at an excellent value 54 Bolivianos (at time of writing that is around 5 quid).

There's more to this place than just this. The decor is done by the owner's artist brother. There's a 2nd room through the back and there is also a very nice urban garden.

The owner said to that they have acquired the apartment above and they will be branching into the rental for tourists business. He also says he looking to start a travel agency.

On the same street approx 100 metres up the hill are 2 health food shops on opposite sides of the street.

Just as an side if you are passing through La Paz, the view on the journey to / from the airport is breath taking.

Pros: Vegan vego friendly, Great food, Great value
  • elvia elvia

Hello Stevie: First of all, please excuse the delay in responding. Wow!! Thank you so very much for giving such a generous review to our Vegetarian/Vegan Restaurant, plus the highest ratings! As you know, lunch (in La Paz and all of Bolivia at least) is the main meal and locals take it very seriously so we try to make our set lunches varied, using novel ingredients and full-filling. Furthermore it is very important to us in doing this not only for the taste but also to nix the false idea that vegetarians don't have many choices in their food and flavors - when we do!!
    We very much appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience in NamasTe - we are lucky to have such fabulous chefs and my brothers gonz and paul (artist and musician) who add to the atmosphere with music and art - that it really makes our work worthwhile when we read reviews like yours. We hope to see you again sometime in the future. Meanwhile much peace and love in your endeavors. elvia and the Namas Te crew.

SusyVegan
SusyVegan

Best vegetarian restaurant in La Paz (Bolivia)

5 Posted on 11 / 07 / 2011

Namas Te is, without any doubt, the best vegetarian restaurant in La Paz (Bolivia). The last six months, more or less, I've been eating there every day and I'm really satisfied with everything: the food (it's rarely repeated, so it's impossible to get bored even if you go there often!), the environment (very artistic; it inspires peace), and the staff. They're all very kind and meet you with a smile, and besides, they're flexible to your needs, which makes it suitable for vegans. For me, it's more than a restaurant; it's a place that allows you to reload your energies, also on the spiritual level. Therefore I recommend you all to visit Namas Té if you're around!
Best regards,
Susy
Updated from previous review on Monday November 07, 2011

• elvia elvia

Dear Susana: We ALL miss you very much! Thank you for a wonderful review and hope that your trip home was non-eventful; I'm sure your family was so happy to see you. Please remember that you have good friends here at NamasTe anytime you wish to return. May your adventures in life fulfill your dreams and expectations. Continue sharing your beautiful smile and light with those that are lucky to know you. Until we meet again everyone at NamasTe says NAMASTE Susana!!

JRC
JRC

so nice and chilled out!

5 Posted on 08 / 07 / 2010

I think Namaste is not at all athentic Bolivian atmosphere, it's way more fun to eat in the small little market places allover the city even if it's hard to find vegetarian food, but namaste is my favourite place in la paz if u want a really nice relaxed place!the ambiance is very beautiful all walls are painted with colorfull drawings and the daily almuerzos are great.they cost 15 pesos and include an entrance -main dish and desert...its not alot of food but the place makes u eat it slow so in the end its enough if u order some of the nice maracuya fruit juice or a tea!
almuerzo changes everyday and u better be there early because otherwise all almuerzos are gone.then u have to choose something of the menu wich is also very delicous like the fried eggplant or the chicharron.namaste is
a must go in lapaz i went there like 29384 times...

Pros: ambiance, delicious food, price
Cons: almost only tourists
iceicekati
iceicekati

Eggplant, quinoa tabule and cream of asparagus

5 Posted on 02 / 27 / 2010

We arrived too late for the set menu, but the eggplant we had was very good and had a good salad with it. Soup and tabule were also good, although portions are a bit small. Atmosphere is nice though and they have a varied selection.

Pros: good food, nice atmosphere, large selection
Cons: a bit more expensive than alternatives, menu runs out, small portions

Dear Owner and Manager of Namas Te: