Serves meat, veg options available. An American breakfast, brunch, and lunch place with several locations. Offers some ovo-lacto vegetarian dishes in addition to a few vegan ones. You can order grilled tofu in a wrap or stir-fry or a custom sandwich. Has soymilk shakes. Honey is used, so vegans to ask. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, Take-out, Non-veg

AmeliaC
AmeliaC

Delish So-Cal fare with hidden V options

Posted on 08 / 17 / 2014

This is our second time at Naked Cafe and forgive me, but I devoured my plate both times before I took a proper photo.

Though you'll likely have to wait, it's worth it. The cafe sits just over the hilly crest of Solana beach and offers spicy Mexican-inspired breakfast options. While some items on the menu are specifically marked vegan, so many are very easily vegan with one or two modifications.

Today's brunch for us consisted of the whole grain blueberry pancakes and the Ying-Yang dish. My husbands pancakes were magnificently large and had such a distinct cinnamon flavor under the blueberries. Pipping hot and so wonderful! My Ying yang dish consisted of potatoes, beans, soyrizo, avocado, and salsa. Simple yet well-prepared, the perfect breakfast for a savory eater like me.

Pros: near the beach , pancakes are incredible!
Cons: wait line can be long, parking can be hard

Dear Owner and Manager of Naked Cafe: