Modern Asian restaurant featuring healthy meatless cuisine. Specialty dishes include monkeyhead mushroom, crispy tofu cakes, rendang and organic mushroom. No eggs, onion, garlic, or MSG. Relaxed space with a communal solid wooden table seating. SHUT DOWN IN FEB 2013. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Chinese, Asian, Take-out

First Review by hollytan88
greenwood
greenwood

Fantastic Standards

5 Posted on 05 / 20 / 2012

If you ever yearn for a place which serves really top quality mix of asian and western food, then naive is the place. no compromise in food nor service, this is a must visit!

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, cosy and friendly
Cons: small place
Noanimal
Noanimal

Nice but naively overpriced

4 Posted on 01 / 16 / 2011

Naive is a nice cafe type of vegetarian place. The food is good, especially I like the monkey head mushroom dish. The place is trendy and the athmosphere is good. Its in a nice area of Singapore good to combine with a visit to the East Coast park. Overall a nice place but too expensive.

Pros: good food
Cons: overpriced
samcamcan
samcamcan

odd name, good food

5 Posted on 05 / 05 / 2010

Naive has a very modern and comfortable atmosphere. The decor and staff were inviting and fun. While we were there, there were couples, small groups and a large birthday party. However it was not crowded or hectic. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The menu had a very good selection and was easy to understand. The food was fresh and delicious. We would gladly return here again.

Pros: good selection, good service, excellent food

Peace ...
Peace ...

An avant-garde Vegetarian restaurant

5 Posted on 02 / 27 / 2010

A avant-garde restaurant adding new dining dimensions to Food Paradise in Singapore

All foodstuffs have the same gastronomical potential - imagination is the only limiting factor. Naive is one of the most popular Vegetarian restaurants, an innovative, young vegetarian eatery that give a new modern twist to Asian and Chinese Food. The dining experience here is far from dull - food here is colourful, imaginative and beautifully presented with flavour and texture.
Naive does not try to mimic regular food with mock meat but create a cuisine that is unique and makes plant-based and natural ingredients taste exciting. Indeed, not many restaurants could achieve such high standard with such high quality. Even my meat eater family members love their wholesome cuisine.
Looking carefully at their fun and scrumptious menu (with intriguing name) comprises good selections. Some of the items are easy on the pocket. For those on a budget , the set-meal and on-going promotions is a bargain.
Ever since I came to knew about this new chic causal dinning vegetarian eatery, within a short period of 7 months, I have been back no less than 8 times and tasted many of the dishes on the menu and those new dishes that have been introduced from time to time.

What I Like:
Good variety of dishes. Food is good and hearty. Reasonable priced set-meal. Innovative dishes. Charming ambience. New generation Vegetarian Eatery that is friendly to both vegetarians and non-vegetarians.

Pros: Excellent Food, Healthy Cuisine, Innovative
vincent adler
vincent adler

i finally found my favorite spot

5 Posted on 02 / 18 / 2010

My wife & i recently stumbled upon naive restaurant and discovered what we have been looking for for many many months now. Their menu is quite unique and very delicious. Unlike most vegetarian restaurants/stalls, this one doesn't carry those tasteless mock meats. Instead, their dishes are very flavorful & healthy. I like their "enchanted forest" and "cheeky monkey". The mushroom "meat" is so tender you'll almost think it's chicken. My wife's favorite is their "pocket of treasures", crispy on the outside, creamy & tasty on the inside. This restaurant is what I have been looking for!

Pros: great food, perfect ambience, excellent location
herbman
herbman

Nice food & ambience

4 Posted on 01 / 19 / 2010

interesting menu without indicated that it was a vegetarian resturant.

a place worth going to.

Pros: ambience, food
rhod
rhod

Very good food, quite expensive.

5 Posted on 01 / 10 / 2010

The food here is excellent. Good range of interesting and very well made dishes. I'm not an expert but I'd say most dishes are Chinese, Malay or uniquely singaporean. There are a few thai things. Soups are very good, the miso and the tom yum are excellent. Mains are quite small but incredibly flavoursome. I find some of the monkey head mushroom dishes are a bit bland and prefer the more heavily sauced dishes. Having said that some of them are superb and as good as you'll find in Singapore. Particularly good are the rendang, black and white, battered oyster mushrooms, little red riding hood (crunchy nuggets in a sweet and sour sauce), fried noodles, curry and kungfu tofu.

it's quite expensive for a vege place but the quality of the food and presentation is such that you can understand why. It's also a nice ambience, quite cool decor makes it a better dinner location than most Chinese vege places. For 2 people eating a lot you'll be in for approx $50 including a soft drink.

I've never tried the desserts so no comment on these.

Pros: Very tasty food, Innovative dishes, Nice decor
Cons: Quite expensive, Desserts not marked as vegan.
Guest
Guest

Monkeyhead Mushrooms Rock!

5 Posted on 07 / 11 / 2009

I discovered Naïve through the iPod/iPhone application VegOut, saw the other reviews and I knew I had to try it out. I checked out their website, which has their menus available to download, and my decision was made.
I was not disappointed! The food was awesome, incredibly delicious and well-presented. Even my non-vegetarian mother loved it. The Monkeyhead Mushroom dishes are something special indeed. I tried the one called 'Mother Earth', which I highly recommend. I'll definitely be coming back sometime before I return to England.

Pros: Great food, Good presentation, Nice, modern atmosphere
patrickdanielong
patrickdanielong

NAIVE is a MUST!

5 Posted on 03 / 03 / 2009

i drove pass NAIVE couple times along Katong stretch and finally i visited it. It is truly AMAZING. The food is so tasty and decor is fresh, clean and tastefully done. Totally CHIC! Simple and brightly lit, i can only say it is truly an excellent hidden find in Singapore. My non-vegetarian friends and i choose to meet there now cos it is great value for what we are getting in food and ambience. Fantastic stuff!

Pros: lovely decor, tasty food
hollytan88
hollytan88

CHIC,HAPPENING MEATLESS RESTAURANT. MUST VISIT!

5 Posted on 02 / 23 / 2009

This new restaurant is a total break away from any other restaurants in food, ambience and personality. Simple but very tastefully done with great style. Food is surprisingly amazing and doesn't taste anything like the usual vegetarian type. Natural and healthy ingredients which explains why this place is already building a loyal following in Katong area already. Should have more of such eateries in Singapore. My friends from London loved it too. Naive should open up more outlets soon. MUST TRY!

Pros: Chic Ambience, Delicious Food, Friends love it
Cons: Only one outlet

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Naive: