Mystic Pizza - Exarchia

Serves meat, veg options available. A pizza and pasta restaurant with 3 location. Also offers salads, soups, sweets, juices and coffee drinks. Uses organic hemp in recipes and drinks and offers vegetarian choices. Street name may go by Emmanouil Benaki. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, Italian, Pizza, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg
Emmanouil Mpenaki 76 (Valtetsiou)
Athens, Greece
210-3839500

Open Mon-Sun 1pm-12am.

First Review by veganpastagirl
JonTurner2000
JonTurner2000

Pizza Mystic - Your Lips You Will Lick

4 Posted on 09 / 14 / 2013

Really great crispy base pizza - definitely welcome in a place where lots of the pizza options are thicker spongy based pizza. Good selection to choose from and friendly low-key service. The decor of the place is a bit tired, but we sat outside anyway. Definitely recommended.

Pros: Great crispy based pizza, Good selection, Friendly service
Cons: Restaurant decor bit worn, Not amazing street location - but fine
GreenGrasshopper
GreenGrasshopper

Delicious food and friendly staff!

4 Posted on 07 / 30 / 2013

Delicious food and good selection of vegetarian and vegan dishes. Mostly pizza as well as pasta and salads. I went with my carnivorous friend who fell in love with this place as well so we ate here three times during our short stay in Athens. We shared one of the starter breads with sun-dried tomatoes, my friend had the margarita pizza and I ordered the green veg pizza. Big servings with lots of toppings, hemp pizza base is amazing, soft and chewy. Unfortunately the fresh hemp pasta is made with eggs so I didn't get to try that but everything I ate was filling and yummy. The guy working here is always super friendly and helpful, speaks good English, and the menu is in English too. I can only recommend you go to Mystic Pizza if you're in Athens!

kathreenV
kathreenV

Vegan Pizza!!!

3 Posted on 06 / 17 / 2012

Yes! A place to go and enjoy a good vegan pizza! That says it all!

Pros: vegan pizza, items on the menu marked with V, friendly staff
Cons: not a vegetarian place
nigelangel
nigelangel

casual place with local vibe

4 Posted on 05 / 21 / 2012

We were happy to have a destination that led us out of the tourist area around the acropolis. We enjoyed the walk here from that area (long for some people maybe) because we saw more of the actual city life of the city.

The server was very friendly. The food was great. The pizza was thin and light (yet hit the spot) and easy to get vegan - ask for a little olive oil on the side. And, we had one of the best salads on our trip there. Clean restroom, and lovely little spot that neighbors visit, which is always a good sign while traveling.

We had a hemp crust pizza (just tasted like an interesting spelt/whole wheat) with the Mediterranean veggies and a big salad which I am hard-pressed to recall the name or contents since it was the first part of our trip.

Will visit again if I am back in Athens!

Pros: friendly, local, tasty fresh

nardanddee
nardanddee

Wish this was a chain in the U.S.

4 Posted on 10 / 09 / 2011

Went here late on a Sunday night. The staff was great in that they informed me that I had to swap out the homemade pasta in my order for spaghetti due to the use of eggs. They also provided an awesome chocolate dessert with cannabis seeds and a biscuit inside. Loved the reggae music!

Pros: good music, friendly staff, nice variety
Cons: sketchy area
vegantr
vegantr

Wonderful vegan pizza

4 Posted on 03 / 01 / 2011

Been to Koukaki Mystic lately.Nice atmosphere,lovely decoration and very friendly people.I tried Mystic Bio green pizza-without cheese version, which had lots of brocoli,carrots,eggplants,zucchini and black olives.Even the pizza base was healthy,nutricious,crisp and delicous enough since they use hemp seeds and flour in it.Absolutely worth trying!

gr8vegan
gr8vegan

Decent place, hard to find!

3 Posted on 05 / 22 / 2009

So google doesn't find it, google actually gives you the wrong address. There is a user added content that maps it correctly, its the first address on their website's 3 locations listed. Its all smoking so pick your table up wind of the smoking crowd. We did the Greek Salad and Bio Pizza vegan with tons of veggies on it. It was all really good.

Pros: organic
Cons: smokers
lorenzita
lorenzita

Simply delicious / welcoming staff

4 Posted on 11 / 07 / 2008

This place is simply great. We ordered a marguerita pizza without cheese but with several vegetables instead and found it really delicious. We also tried their avocado salad with lemon dressing... delicious. Finally, we ordered a rice salad and found it delicious as well and found it was served in an original way, i.e. steamed rice topped with a salad made of green and red peppers, sundried tomatoes and vinaigrette. We really recommend this place.

Pros: Location, Welcoming atmosphere
veganpastagirl
veganpastagirl

Great Vegan Pizza and Salads

4 Posted on 02 / 11 / 2008

They have an excellent rice salad which is vegan and great pasta with vegan sauce with broccoli & avocado. Ask for vegan pizza and you can add whatever you want as a topping.

ps. If they say they have vegan cheese don't get it. It has casein in it.

Enjoy!

Pros: Great Atmosphere, Rice Salad, Great Pasta
Cons: Delivery takes a long time

Dear Owner and Manager of Mystic Pizza - Exarchia: