Vegetarian Indian restaurant offering South Indian cuisine. Try the rava dosa and medhu vada. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Pakistani

First Review by Secretnatasha
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Good Spicy Food on Devon

4 Posted on 06 / 01 / 2009

Mysore Woodlands has many Vegan options and the food is very good; however, I do have a personal preference leaning towards Udupi Palace and Arya Bhavan, but I will come back here just to have some variety.

Overall the food is good and spicy and the employees were friendly; although I felt the service was a little slower here than the others.

AnnaMaus
AnnaMaus

Best on Devon- for food, service, ambience.

5 Posted on 11 / 28 / 2008

This is the go-to for South Indian! Top quality, excellent service, upscale appearance but no more expensive than the snack shacks! Even the thalis are reasonably priced. No vegan dessert proper, but the mango "juice" is very thick & sweet- it's more of a nectar. Total dessert fare.

Pros: Quality, Price, Deliciousness
Cons: Decor is typically "fancy", Closes at 9-ish, Food can be heavy
Secretnatasha
Secretnatasha

Worst Indian Food I've Ever Had

2 Posted on 09 / 29 / 2007

I was shocked by how bad this food was, especially considering that the area is full of (much better) Indian restaurants. How does thsi place stay in business? The pakoras were greasy, undercooked and flavorless, and the samosas were also greasy and excessively doughy. Our entrees were even worse: chana masala that was spicy hot but had no flavor whatsoever, with chickpeas that were so overcooked as to be be textureless. Did they even use any spices? The potatoes in our alu mutter were undercooked, and the cream sauce was so sweet as to be inedible. I can't imagine why anyone would choose to go here considering the wealth of Indian food options on Devon Ave. It was also far more expensive than many other local veg Indian restaurants. Go ANYWHERE else and you'll be much happier.

Guest
Guest

YUM!

5 Posted on 07 / 09 / 2007

I have been here around 20 times over the years. We enjoy taking home portions and bring groups of people. Their dosai, batura (bread), pakora, samosas, veggie cutlets, uppuma, palak and matar paneer are OUTSTANDING!!. I always order a rose falooda to share. Stay away from the sugar soaked donut dessert unless you want a toothache. Their lentil appetizers are very dry, I don't recommend them and I love lentils. A little on the expensive side, bring many people to try new things.

Pros: delicious, clean, good portions
Cons: expensive, can be slow service, staff strange

Dear Owner and Manager of Mysore Woodlands: