Authentic South Indian Vegetarian food from Chennai, India. Daily lunch buffet. All you-can-eat dosa on Wednesday night. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Buffet

First Review by Jay H
JAnneGreene
JAnneGreene

Delicious

4 Posted on 05 / 11 / 2013

Wide variety of dishes, specials on certain nights, good buffet for lunch. Food is no-frills but consistently good.

Pros: tasty food, very inexpensive, lots of choices
Cons: bare-bones decor, not many desserts
Jay H
Jay H

Gone downhill

2 Posted on 04 / 05 / 2013

This place has gone down hill and the latest issue that I faced indicates that it has hit the bottom. I ordered two take out dishes, Masala Dosa and a combo dish (idlis+vada). When I went to pick up, the manager was in argument with a customer on the phone. I ignored the issue, paid for my take out and came home, only to find that the amount of sambar and chutney was barely sufficient for 1 dish (either the masala dosa or the combo). I called the establishment and the same manager answered. His attitude was that there is enough sambar and he started asking for dimensions of the package! As if anyone would want to extract more than what they need for their meal. I basically hung up once he started down the path of asking for dimensions of the package.

Basically, many of these establishments lack customer service and do not realize the long term impact. I am 100% certain that they would gain more business if to begin with they size the side dishes properly. When the customer orders two dishes give two separate accompanying side dishes and hopefully adequate quantity for each dish. Why assume that the take out order is a shared order?

My previous review on another site was very positive, however I now say customers should go to
1) Dosai Place in E. Windsor or
2) Sarvan Bhavan on Princeton-Heightstown road

Pros: Convenient location, Enough seating
Cons: Horrible service, Mediocre food

Dear Owner and Manager of Myilai Masala: