Cozy rustic cafe/bar offering variety of vegetarian and vegan Mediterranean and Kurdish dishes, delicious coffees, fresh juices and wine. Directions: Located pass the Stables Market before Roundhouse, on opposite side of road. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Mediterranean, Juice bar, Take-out

RachelFarhi
RachelFarhi

Felafel ISN'T Felafel!

Posted on 05 / 04 / 2015

First visit there yesterday after reading other reviews. Cosy and eclectic interior which gets very crowded with the Camden Lock crowd. Menu is formulaic which allows for little variety- however what they do, they do pretty well. Except for the felafel.

My husband ordered the felafel wrap and was surprised to find it made with shredded and diced vegetables instead of chickpeas or fava beans. When he asked the owner about this, he was told they are trying to encourage people to eat vegetables !

We thought this was a cop-out. Felafel is only felafel if it's made out of pulses. So be aware of this if you were looking for a vegan protein fix.

Pros: Decent value, Vegan options, Healthy
Cons: Misdescribed ingredient, Gets very crowded
elbobro
elbobro

Good

Posted on 04 / 23 / 2015

Small place in Camden with very nice atmosphere. Food was pretty good, but not perfect. Place was full and we had to wait little bit longer. Worth for visit for sure, but I'm afraid that you will be not amazed.

StuartBaskerville
StuartBaskerville

Really Tasty

Posted on 12 / 01 / 2014

Stumbled across this place while looking for somewhere inside to eat. Had the falafel wrap with halloumi which was really really tasty. Coffee and tea were great too. Would definitely recommend. Staff very friendly too.

Pros: tasty food, quick, if you're in a rush, warm!

arthursgrub
arthursgrub

Brilliant place

Posted on 07 / 07 / 2014

What a find just away from all the crowds. Thanks to Happy Cow app again. A mish mash of different furniture inside. The food was great and the drinks were amazing. I've no clue how the chocolate drinks were made but her indoors loved them. The grandmas soup was great.

Pros: drinks, grandmas soup, general atmospehere and service
Cons: toilets a bit small
saramarshall
saramarshall

Delicious

Posted on 01 / 02 / 2014

The food here is great, very inventive and tasty. I had the vegan option My Village Meal which included aubergine, biryani brown rice, farik, stuffed vine leaf and a couple of salads with really great dressings. I tasted my friend's side of hummus which was one of the best I've tasted. We were also given a taster of amazing lentil soup when we arrived and the soya latte was nice and strong. Cosy inside which was great for a rainy day. Will definitely go back.

Pros: Delicious food, Nice atmosphere, Great coffee
ColletteFarnol
ColletteFarnol

Friendly, chilled out North London cafe

Posted on 02 / 14 / 2013

I always go here when i'm in Camden. The staff are very friendly and welcoming and the owner is often around offering free samples of 'grandmothers' soup and iced chocolate drink. This vegetarian/vegan cafe has great falafel meals and salads. There are vegan options available and most products are organic. I always recommend this place to friends and family. The seating is cosy- wooden benches and pillows- and candles in the evening. Great after a shopping trip in the nearby stables markets!
Updated from previous review on Thursday February 14, 2013

Pros: Healthy, Delicious food, Friendly Staff, Great relaxed atmosphere
Cons: No seats during busy lunch hours
bencamps
bencamps

Simple, Healthy, Tasty

Posted on 11 / 17 / 2012

Visited on 15th November 2012. Whilst in the queue at the counter my girlfriend and were offered free 'tasters' of drinks and a soup by a very friendly server, possibly the owner. The decor is rustic, warm and homely. The menu is Middle Eastern inspired and kept simple, almost all items can be made as vegan and the staff are very aware of veganism. There are lots of teas, coffees and juices as well as wines and beers. We both had the Falafel meal (made vegan) which was super tasty and healthy. I've been here before for take-out but this was the first time I've had a sit down meal. I couldn't be more impressed.

Pros: Great healthy food, Great value for money, Great service and atmosphere

Dear Owner and Manager of My Village: