Pasadena vegan restaurant. Causal and quick service. Extensive menu of mostly Thai food in addition to veggie burgers, wraps, pasta, and other American food. Location is in a shopping plaza with parking provided. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Thai, American, Take-out, Delivery

First Review by rivetkitty
VeganHappy334
VeganHappy334

yummy food, friendly staff

5 Posted on 08 / 06 / 2014

This is my go to for great food. The staff is friendly and helpful. They are willing to let you "customize" your order (no oil, more veggies, more spice etc). Favorites are spicy fried rice, spicy basil noodles, lava noodles and B5 breakfast. Highly recommend!

jennamichelle1
jennamichelle1

Favorite place in Pasadena...

5 Posted on 08 / 02 / 2014

My Vegan has a huge menu with a variety of items to choose from. We ordered the breakfast tofu scramble, cheesy potatoes, pad see ew, and pineapple fried rice. We asked them to make the items with minimal oil, and they were happy to accomodate us. The parking was easy (it's not always like that in Pasadena), and the restaurant was clean and inviting. The food was fresh and flavorful. We'll definitely be stopping there again to try more things. I'd like to go again and try their coconut drink, that's served in a coconut. They had a lot of combo specials, which isn't something we always see at a vegan restaurant. Their portions were generous, especially for the price.
Updated from previous review on Sunday July 17, 2011

starbeast
starbeast

Great Food, Great Service!

5 Posted on 07 / 31 / 2014

This place has a great variety of delicious vegan food! You seriously will not believe the sorcery of the vegan chicken drumsticks! Haven't tried a single thing I did not like.

Greengo
Greengo

Great food

4 Posted on 07 / 31 / 2014

The food is excellent. It was satisfying and refreshing to eat my afternoon meal at My Vegan. The atmosphere was pleasant and staff was friendly. I will return again. I have one complaint , there is a restroom available to the public, you do have to ask and you must go through the kitchen to use it. This is a small complaint and will not hinder me from eating here again. I will not bring a group, especially if they are accustomed to using a restroom before dining. I will bring anyone especially carnivores to show them how delicious vegan food is.

Pros: Good food , Reasonable price, Friendly
Cons: No easy access to restroom, Parking is difficult when busy
Sonja and Dirk
Sonja and Dirk

good vegan Thai

4 Posted on 09 / 08 / 2013

We met a friend for lunch here. We shared family style. The menu is large with pictures. We settled on the papaya salad, yellow curry noodle, P.E.T. and spicy mushrooms. We requested medium spicy. The food was tasty and fresh. The service was nice and friendly. Overall, we had a good experience and in my opinion, this is one of the better vegan Thai places in the LA area.

Pros: tasty and fresh, large menu, easy parking
eevee
eevee

♥My favorite place to eat♥

5 Posted on 09 / 04 / 2013

When I was considering going vegan, this was the first ever vegan restaurant that I went to. At first my mom was hesitant to eat here because it was night time and the location doesn't exactly scream "Great food", but she took me so I could try it.

Now we eat here at least once a week. My mom fell in love with the "Crispy Lentil Tacos", as well as every single person that we've brought there (even non-veg ones. My mom wasn't vegetarian the first time she tried them and she loved them so much).

Everything on the menu is amazing. There's been a few rare times when the food wasn't spicy enough or the sauce wasn't strong enough, but for every 20 times that we come here there's one "Eh" day. The "crispy spring rolls" and the "P.E.T." are my favorites. A lot of times they'll even have their own pastries for sell for desert, and their coffee is really good too. If for some reason you aren't thrilled with the meal that you got, try eating there another day.

The parking isn't bad. Even though it shares a location with other restaurants and recreational places, the parking lot is rarely ever full.

The staff is always nice and attentive, and if you want their attention all you have to do it make a gesture in their direction while making eye contact since they're always looking out for the customers. If you want to change your food around a little (like not having any tofu at all) they'll do everything they can to make it happen.

I've had two "birthday dinners" here, my "graduation dinner", and we're planning on bringing a lot of family members for a reunion in the future. Whenever there's a large crowd of people the staff will always fix the seating to accommodate everyone.

The food is also a good price for the taste and the amount that you get.

We drive from southern Los Angeles, get stuck in traffic on the 110, and go out of our way to go to this restaurant because it's worth it.

Pros: Amazing taste, Friendly staff, Quick cooks
dianen
dianen

Creative, Varied and Delicious

5 Posted on 07 / 13 / 2013

First time eating here this evening, and I thought it was sensational. I have never seen such a huge selection of items in any restaurant before, let alone a vegan one. I decided to play it safe with a red curry, and it was done wonderfully. You have a choice of proteins, ranging from soft tofu as the default to all manner of faux "meats" and tempeh. The serving was enormous, and I could not possibly finish it all in one sitting. The price was very reasonable as well. My daughter had what they call a "waterfall salad," which she thought was delightful. The staff was friendly and courteous. It could easily take a couple of months of dining here daily to experience everything on the menu. Best of all, everything on the menu is vegan. Wish I could take this restaurant home to Arizona with me!!

Pros: Delicious food, Amazing variety, Everything is vegan
Calimaryn
Calimaryn

5/19/13 Visit Review

4 Posted on 05 / 24 / 2013

Visited My Vegan while on Vacation. Was pleased with the pineapple lemonade and coconut water. The appetizers we got were Chicken Satay and Taquitos. Both were good but I loved the satay and peanut sauce! Entrees ordered were Yellow Curry with soy chicken, a fried rice, chow mein and a spicy basil fried rice. The chow mein was divine! Full of veggies and flavorful. The curry and regular fried rice were good tho my husband thought the vegan shrimp was strange. The spicy fried rice was just too spicy to be enjoyable for me, tho it was good, just too hot for my tastes. (I should have asked for medium spice!)

Overall it was great. Fast turn around, delicious food and friendly atmosphere. I wish I had had room for the baked goods they had on display!

Pros: Great food
Cons: Small Seating Area
Lily925
Lily925

Happy Vegan

4 Posted on 03 / 03 / 2013

We went there today and we're very pleased with the experience.The chicken nuggets were tasty. The green curry was excellent and the spicy mushroom OK good. Lots of brown rice and large portions of everything. Definitely would go again if in the area.

Pros: totally vegan, huge menu, large portions for the good price
s2huang
s2huang

Three Visits in Two Weeks

3 Posted on 09 / 04 / 2012

I just discovered this place last week thru Yelp, and today's my third visit to My Vegan.

I looove their Crsipy Chicken Tacos! I bet they are even tastier than the real ones. Spring Rolls are crispy outside and fresh!
They use soy milk instead of condensed for their Thai Teas, which makes it less sweet. I like that.
Yellow Curry Noodle is a little bit too creamy and sweet, but the Curry itself is good. Tom Yum Noodle Soup is a blah... Going there today to try their Portabello Mushroom Burger.

Pros: Cleanliness, Speed, Service
Cons: Parking, Saltiness
veroaero
veroaero

Great food!

4 Posted on 08 / 10 / 2012

My number one top choice for vegan food in Pasadena! The food is great, the servers are friendly and can answer all questions you have about the food. I went here for the first time 3 years ago, and I'll keep on coming back. Now, I don't even have to say I want Thai ice tea when I go there, they already know.

Pros: friendly staff
Chia
Chia

A place to eat vegan food in Pasadena

4 Posted on 02 / 15 / 2012

I had read about this place on happycow, and here's my My Vegan review.

My Vegan has found its place in Pasadena as this city has long needed a vegetarian dining choice.

It's a little cafe with basic decor, nothing fancy. The service is quick and friendly, and the food is what you would expect from the Los Angeles phenomenon that's Thai vegan restaurants; in fact, the menu is so similar you would think they were all related (but they are not).

My friend and I shared plain pancakes (okay), sweet potato fries (yummy), a flat rice noodle dish (flavorful but too salty), and a tom yum soup (okay).

I would definitely return again to try the other dishes - there's more Thai food, some pasta dishes, and America stuff like burgers and wraps.

Pros: large variety, quick and friendly
Cons: some items salty
miss-mischief420
miss-mischief420

yummy

5 Posted on 09 / 27 / 2011

soy/seitn heavy but options available. great for the area. great to go or there.

Pros: service, variety, quality
Cons: parking, crowded, price
svelten
svelten

I LOVE My Vegan in Pasadena!

5 Posted on 12 / 26 / 2010

Currently my favorite restaurant. The food is great, big menu, tons of variety. The staff is extremely nice and helpful, and they always recognize and greet me when I come in. The owner adjusts the menu around changes in costs to import some ingredients, to help keep dining costs down.

Pros: Great food!, Friendly staff!, Tons of options on the menu.
y528s
y528s

Not Bad

3 Posted on 08 / 26 / 2010

This place is ok, but if you're in Pasadena it's worth making sure you check out Green Earth Vegan (Fairoaks and Colorado).

This has a diner-style feel to it, the menu is extensive but nothing jumped out at me, they have lots of soy-based meat alternatives and lots of different sauces. The service did leave me wanting more.

All in all, it was a nice change of scenery, but I'm not rushing back here.

Pros: Vegan, Affordable, Free Parking
Cons: Service isn't great
itshiptobevegan
itshiptobevegan

Amazing Food!!

5 Posted on 07 / 30 / 2010

Wow this food is absolutely amazing! yum yum!
My non-vegan parents loved it. The pineapple curried rice is great.If you like coconut juice order it,its really good comes with the coconut and a little umbrella :) very nice.
Also great:Wonton Soup,Vegetable curry,Sweet potatoe fries,guacamole.
mmmmm great restaurant. Small place.good parking.average price.

Pros: great food, friendly staff, lengthly menu
Cons: small
earthville
earthville

Happy tongue, happy tummy

4 Posted on 07 / 29 / 2010

My Vegan sits a notch above the standard LA-area veggie Thai fare. Though the atmosphere is very casual, the food is nuanced and delicious. We were all quite pleased (even the non-vegans with us). The "chicken" satay appetizer and the red curry were excellent. Friendly staff, ample parking, and reasonable prices make My Vegan highly recommendable.

It could only be better if they offered more fresh and non-fried choices, and if they made an effort to use organic ingredients.

Pros: Food is very well prepared, Clean and relaxed atmosphere, Ample parking
Cons: Not organic, Limited non-fried options
rcyoder
rcyoder
  • non-vegetarian

Great vegan for lunch

4 Posted on 06 / 20 / 2010

My Vegan has good vegan fare. The people are friendly and the location is easy to get to. It is moderately priced, but the ambiance and the food needs just a little something more to push it up to a 5.

I stop here occasionally on my way home from work when we need dinner.

Pros: Good food
Cons: Ambiance lacks something
Mir
Mir

good, but not excellent

4 Posted on 06 / 15 / 2010

First of all, we are glad there is finally another veggie place (besides Orean Express)in Pasadena. We went there first time today and had some good vegan food. Shortly, it was good but not great. All of us felt it was a bit blend, not enough flavor - chow mein was cooked noodles and boiled- like-tasting veggies, not much sauce, not sure why. It was decent but had us miss Veggie Delight and other vegan places. Spicy fish was decent again, but a bit blend and kind of ketchupy and not really spicy. Otherwise, it is a good place, very nicely design, easy parking, good location and decent vegan food (finally in Pasadena!). We would recommend it but we don't 'wow' about it. Maybe next time we will try something else from their menu. Oh also, maybe we came during the 'down' time but we had our glasses empty for a while and struggled without spoons - servers were not available. We will be back though to give another try.

Pros: vegan place in Pasadena, extensive menu, easy parking
Cons: food we tried was a bit plain
Supermimo
Supermimo

Luv my vegan

5 Posted on 06 / 05 / 2010

I love this place! The menu is amazing!!!! Try the red/panang curry.

Pros: No fish sauce!, Great food, Friendly staff
Cons: One location
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

Extensive menu, nice service, a decent place

4 Posted on 04 / 28 / 2010

Now I can understand the solid 5 stars. My Vegan has a HUGE menu and in Pasadena you pretty much have nothing else to choose from so walking in here the average Pasadena resident would be like a kid in a candy store. As far as Los Angeles in general, its a nice place to have in the corner of your mind if you're shopping in Pasadena, etc. The menu is mostly fried, which I'd like to see more fresh, steamed, boiled items. That being said they were happy to accommodate us with brown rice and a nice plate of steamed veggies and some spicy sauce. The fresh young coconuts are always good, too. Throw in great parking in the little strip mall that its in and its a slam dunk for Pasadena Vegan eating.

Pros: extensive menu, parking, nice service
Cons: too much fried food
FUZZYGUY828
FUZZYGUY828

Go TROJANS

5 Posted on 03 / 20 / 2010

Excellent menu in a small restaurant area.
This restaurant had a plentiful menu and the portions were filling.
The experience of the restaurant made the ride back to San Diego palatable.

Pros: Excellent Service, Freshness, Portion size for money
Cons: No parking, Small restaurant, Traffic
alyssa
alyssa

Another Vegan Choice in Pasadena!

5 Posted on 03 / 01 / 2010

Pasadena is such a lovely city, but it really lacks veggie diversity. My husband and I have eaten many meals at the giant Whole Foods on Arroyo Parkway, which is fine, but we were delighted to discover My Vegan. Yes, it is another vegan Thai place, but I have to tell you, it is delicious! And they have one of the biggest menus around, so you don't have to get the same few dishes every time. We were pleased with the decor right away which included candles on the tables and real house plants. The staff was very sweet and our food was served quickly. Here's what we ordered: Vegetable Dumplings to share, Ohh! My Potato for hubby and Tom Yum Noodle Soup for me. We LOVED the succulent veggie dumplings. Lots of carrot, radish and carrot garnish, which I always enjoy with a little sauce like a salad. We were so curious to find out what the Ohh! My Potato was all about. The best way to describe it is to say it was like a kicked up plate of Thai-spiced home fries. Very comfort-food-like without being overly greasy. The Tom Yum Noodle Soup was the best I have ever eaten, vegan or not. First of all, it was HUGE -- enough for 3 or 4 people! Tons of rice noodles, spinach, bean sprouts and "chicken" nuggets in a spicy broth, sprinkled with chopped peanuts. I think I ordered it mild, which was just right for me. I ate as much of it as I could and took the rest home. (It was great the next day as well!) We washed everything down with a green kombucha and felt completely satisfied. This place is just great. And cheap too!

Pros: excellent food, nice atmosphere, sweet staff
Cons: not in my neighborhood
misskitchenwitch
misskitchenwitch

a little oasis

5 Posted on 09 / 15 / 2009

My Vegan was definitely a sight for sore eyes and a taste for empty tummies. My BF and I spent the day in Pasadena and tramped all over down town, but couldn't come across a single place that looked to be vegan friendly. We were starving and tired. I remembered that we saw a vegan sign on the way into town, so we jumped in the car and headed back. It was great. The actual restaurant was a funky little place, not unlike a plain asian joint. The service was outstanding and very happy. It was nice to see other people (who looked like regulars) during a typical restaurant downtime on a sunday. We ordered a chicken appetizer that came with a little dish of thai veggies and peanut sauce (so amazing). It was served on skewers and flavored with curry-- we were giggling it was so good. Then we ordered the pumpkin fried rice with peppered beef, which was also good but I would probably have ordered a different meat in retrospect... The prices were decent and their menu was enormous! Overall it was fantastic and now that I'll be moving closer to Pasadena, I might just turn into one of their regulars~

spidey
spidey

Awesome!

5 Posted on 08 / 18 / 2009

I just tried my vegan last week and it was a great experience. To begin the people there are very nice and helpful when you are ordering. Being my first time they gave me some of the more popular items that others get, i think i ordered one of them and two others that i wanted to try. The place is cozy and very relaxed. The food was very good and very flavorful. If i there was once thing i might have an issue with is that the portions on one of the dishes i got was sorta small compared to the other two so i dont know if that was by mistake or if thats the portion they usually give....if it is it could be larger. I tried the potato curry, orange chicken nuggets and the pepper steak wrap....i also got an order of fries, which where basically normal small cut fries (nothing great) the food itself was very good. I definitely will try this place again, being one of the only veggie friendly places and only vegan place in pasadena its definitely worth the try.

Pros: great food, great staff, awesome atmosphere
Cons: portions
tinam001
tinam001

I ABSOLUTELY *LOVE* THIS PLACE!!!

5 Posted on 06 / 25 / 2009

Aside from it being the only vegan restaurant in Pasadena, the food at MY Vegan is amazing and makes it well worth the trip. The restaurant itself is comfortable, clean and warm/inviting...and the owners/staff - what can I say? they're all so friendly, accommodating and helpful. They want to make sure your experience is great from start to finish.
I'm about 90% through the menu now and have not found anything I don't like. There's so much to offer on the menu that you're bound to find something that catches your attention no matter what you're in the mood for. I'd be done trying everything on the menu by now, but I keep ordering my favorites (pepper steak wrap, Kee Mao/Spicy Noodles, Tom Kah Kai soup and the pepper steak burger...oh, and I must not forget the VEGAN CHOCOLATE cupcakes that are homemade by a very talented young lady who makes sure to include lots of love in the ingredients ;).
I'm there at least twice a week and have brought family and friends - most of which are non-veg heads. They all loved it too. In fact, My Vegan is where they usually want to meet up now.
If you're a vegan looking for a fresh, delicious meal that's served by friendly people in a comfy place - it's all about My Vegan. Equally, if you're *not* vegan, I'm convinced you'll find this place will satisfy your hunger and make you want to come back.
I'm *SO* happy they're here!!!!

Pros: delicious/excellent food, friendly staff, the menu offers something for everyone
Cons: I don't live closer
pockymonster
pockymonster

My Vegan... My Gosh!

5 Posted on 06 / 21 / 2009

After reading the reviews on both happycow and yelp, I had to check this place out. We got a Tom Yum Noodle Soup, Pad See You, and order of Fresh rolls. All were amazing! This place is one of the best Thai restaurants I've eaten at, including when I was non-Vegan, and ate at meat-serving restaurants. Everything is really fresh, and I like how it wasn't super oily like some Thai restaurants are. The only negative was that they sold out of their carrot cake :(, so I settled for an Uncle Eddie's Vegan cookie. They sell those their too!

Pros: Good service, Clean, Delicious!
Cons: Comparable price to other Thai places, Sold out carrot cake!
chobesoy
chobesoy
  • herbivore

Awesome Vegan joint!

5 Posted on 05 / 26 / 2009

These folks recognize me by now :) I've been here quite a few times since I live right there, and I'm always bringing new friends along to try it out. I've now brought two carnivores, one of whom has already gone back with me twice! Everything I've had there has been excellent. The soups really hit the spot, and the dinner specials are a very good deal. Even hanging out for late night fries and chat makes it a cozy place for anyone. If you feel like having asian food, diner food, or just a good drink with snacks and sweets, this place is perfect. I'm so happy they opened up here! Will be going back. Repeatedly.

Pros: delicious, large menu, friendly
dinakourda
dinakourda

Yummy

5 Posted on 05 / 21 / 2009

I didn't get a good chance to review the menu because I was in a rush. But the tofu scramble, bacon (best I've ever had), and pancakes were so yummy. The pancakes were a little dry and really soaked up the syrup, but the server was happy to bring out more. Parking was easy, the place was clean, and the service was great. Excellent prices.

Pros: Food Flavor, Great Service, Easy Parking
airzero23
airzero23

Awesome!

5 Posted on 04 / 11 / 2009

I went here since it is a relatively new restaurant in the area. We ordered the following

Lg Fries: Basically McDonalds style fries, vegan style. It was a huge mound of fries. Tasty but not the healthiest of course. Extremely good portion, probably enough for four people.

Chicken Tacos: These were awesome! You only get two but they were a surprisingly good size. Very delicious.

Orange Chicken: Very tasty, a really tangy orange taste. A very good portion for the price. Definitely recommend this dish for its size and taste.

Teriyaki Chicken: Also good, comes with steamed cabbage, broccoli, and carrots. Very tasty but the portion is not as large as Orange Chicken.

As mentioned before, service is friendly and obviously portions are good! I will be back here soon. They have a large variety of dishes I look forward to trying.

Pros: Portion, Price, Amicable
VeggiePinkoKat
VeggiePinkoKat

First Vegan restaurant in Pasadena is yummy!

4 Posted on 04 / 08 / 2009

Support the FIRST vegan restaurant in Pasadena! At last my my hometown has made me happy! No more having to drive to LA for a quick vegan dinner. My Vegan even delivers! We tried for the first time tonite as the GRAND OPENING sign caught my eye I immediately did a U-Turn. I was so excited! I ordered the "My Pancake" which was two delicious pancakes, with strawberries cooked in the batter. You have a choice of blueberry or banana also. Served with soy butter and 100% maple syrup. Because I'm nutty I also ordered a second entre of "All Greens" or something like that which is chinese and american broccoli and spinach sauteed in a very light and delicious ginger soy sauce with a hint of garlic. This comes with steamed brown rice. It was a great meal, I want to eat it tomorrow! My husband ordered the Yellow Vegetable Curry Dinner Special which comes with a green salad and awesome house dressing, also a spring roll with sweet n' sour dipping sauce. I tasted the curry and liked it very much, good veggie mix and the fake chicken was soft and pleasant. The staff was very welcoming and provided good service. Nothing fancy about the atmosphere but who cares, the food is good! I only fear the location may prove a challenge nestled in a strip mall. Please come out and support this vegan restaurant!

Pros: tasty food, good value, friendly staff
rivetkitty
rivetkitty

Wonderful Hole in the Wall

5 Posted on 03 / 22 / 2009

Hubby and I have already been to this place twice in the past week - we love it! The atmosphere is cozy and adorable, and so far as I can tell, everything is vegan. I have tried their grilled chicken wrap and "near" wrap, both of which I loved. The soy "near" is really good, it tastes like a combo of soy sauce and teriyaki flavors. My meat eating husband really enjoyed both their bacon burger and their nugget bugger (which I think should be nugget BURGER ;) ). Both our portions and what I saw being served to others were fair for the price.

The restaurant does have a lot of Thai food on the menu, but I've yet to try any. The staff is super friendly, attentive, and the food comes out quickly. As it's located in a strip-mall, there is plenty of parking.

Oh! And they deliver too! :D Both hubby and myself plan to be regulars.

Pros: Vegan, Friendly Staff, Consistently Good
Cons: Small

Dear Owner and Manager of My Vegan: