Serves meat, veg options available. Previously named Thai Elephant. Traditional Thai dishes. Vegan dishes made with veggies and/or tofu. No longer offers faux meats. Try the 'classic vegan' dish. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-firendly, Thai, Non-veg

First Review by lorddragol
LT
LT

Stingy and greedy

1 Posted on 04 / 06 / 2012

We used to go here when it was Vegan Spices. The vegan food was ok and customer service was so-so at best, but we never told anyone we disliked it and we continued to eat there because it was an all vegan restaurant and felt we should support it. Now that they've decided to serve MEAT again, we have no reason to go there.

These people seem stingy and act like they'll always trying to squeeze more money out of you. She looks at you funny if you don't order alcohol with the meal. Once, I ordered the spinach curry, which gives you the choice of tofu, so I ordered that. The curry came with tofu only and No spinach! We asked her about it, and she said if you order a protein, you don't get the spinach. She never offered to fix it.

Another time, we dined with a large group on a Thursday night when they have a dinner specials menu. The owner only gave the group regular menus and cringed when someone asked for the dinner specials menu. She was going to make a few dollars less probably. I didn't know they could get lemon slices so small; the lemon piece(can't call it slice) in our waters were the size of a pea.

We've tried many times to give this place a chance, but they are stingy, greedy people.
Updated from previous review on Friday April 06, 2012

Pros: some vegan items
Cons: customer service, stingy, greedy
J Fletcher
J Fletcher

Excellent Vegan Food

4 Posted on 12 / 18 / 2011

I was sorry to see this restaurant add meat to their menu. They claim that they would have had to close because they weren't getting enough business. I have no doubt this is true as they are in a fairly low traffic area to begin with. That being said, they have some amazing vegan dishes. I love the Pad Thai with tofu and their Mussamun Curry with soy chicken is amazing. The staff is very helpful, and all my experiences at this restaurant have been good ones. Kudos to them for trying to be completely vegan. Too bad there weren't enough vegetarian customers to support that.

lorddragol
lorddragol

No longer 100% vegan

2 Posted on 08 / 03 / 2011

I have decided to remove my endorsement. This used to be a wonderful all vegan restaurant called Vegan Spices. The owners who are not vegan or vegetarian decided to reopen it as a Thai Elephant. They do have vegan options but also serve a full range of meats. I do not care to eat there any longer so I do not know if cross contamination exists or if the food is the same quality it was. The loss of a good vegan restaurant is a sad day.

Dear Owner and Manager of My Thai: