Offers vegan cake, soups, stews, breakfast, salads, smoothies, and coffee. Operated by students of Sri Chinmoy. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Western, Australian, Juice bar, Take out
Shop G1, Dickson Chambers, Dickson Place
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory 2602
Closed now

Mon-Tue 8:00am-5:30pm, Wed 8:30am-4:00pm, Thu-Fri 8:00am-5:30pm, Sat 8:30am-4:00pm

First Review by khity
9981meika
9981meika

not open

Posted on 08 / 27 / 2014

I drove all the way to this cafe only to find a sign saying it's closed for 2 weeks. Very disappointed.

elm
elm
  • raw

Wonderful Healthy Nourishing food and Drinks

Posted on 09 / 14 / 2013

Ate here Thursday and Friday while visiting our son in Canberra. The food is wonderful, filling vegetarian or vegan.
we had the bake of the day with salad, melt in the mouth cakes
and vegetable drinks. The service is fast, from an excellent friendly group.
On both days a long line of people wait to be served, all ages

Pros: Excellent food, great value, very friendly staff
ShelA
ShelA

love this place

Posted on 07 / 28 / 2012

Good food, friendly staff! As one of the very few vegan suitable places in Canberra I wish it was open on Sundays!

Pros: variety, friendliness
Cons: closed Sundays

danbi1
danbi1

Great cafe

Posted on 04 / 06 / 2012

I visited this place for the first time today and i will be back. Its quite a small place so book ahead but the staff are great and the food is amazing. A large range of vegan options.

Pros: Excellent food, Great staff
Cons: Busy
thelink
thelink

Good value for money and good food

Posted on 03 / 04 / 2011

We went for a Saturday breakfast at My Rainbow Dreams on a recent trip to Canberra and were really happy with what we got.

We tried the big vegan breakfast which was HUGE, fabulous value for money and very yummy. The coffee tasted ok but coffee connoisseurs might not be totally satisfied.

There are a few outdoors tables and as far as we could see there wasn't much seating indoors so your visit to my Rainbow Dreams could be weather dependent. It was a very warm sunny day and we were glad to get a table that had an umbrella. I don't know if the cafe has outdoors heaters for winter.

We tried to go to My Rainbow Dreams again on Sunday but found the place closed, which is different to the opening hours Happy Cow gives. We couldn't see a sign with opening hours on the door. Maybe it was a one off or changed opening hours because it was January and still holiday time.

Next time we are in Canberra I would love to try this cafe for lunch.

veg_lisa
veg_lisa

Great!

Posted on 01 / 14 / 2011

My partner and I ended up here after attempting to go to Satis Cafe, which turned out to be a disaster (a detailed review of Satis Cafe can be found under it's reviews).
My Rainbow Dreams is a lovely little cafe, run by Indian women, with the food being relatively indian based.

We went to Rainbow Dreams on a Wednesday morning hoping for breakfast, however unfortunately although they open early every day, they only provide a breakfast menu on Saturday mornings. So we were stuck with lunch options for breakfast - i'm not the type to crave curry or burgers first thing!! Anyway they menu was great, and next to each option they had written whether it could be made Vegan, and/or gluten free. I chose the 'Indian Spiced Lentil Burger' on turkish bread, and my boyfriend chose a large Dhal and Rice. Both were $8.90 each which is quite reasonable, but as I am a Sydney person, I was expecting Canberra prices to be a little lower than ours, but they weren't.

My burger was quite delish, however if you have peanut allergies do NOT get this. It wasn't written on the menu; but the burger had thickly spread peanut butter/satay paste on both halves of the bread, which I wasn't expecting, and at times found tough to swallow! A great choice however if you are looking to stay full for a while!
The Dhal was lovely as well, with a slight uniquness to it.

The service was great - they ladies were kind and helpful, with a genuine understanding of veganism, and gluten free etc etc, which is just so rare and hard to find at eateries these days!!

All in all, a great choice to ditch Satis Cafe, and pop round to My Rainbow Dreams instead, even if they don't do breakfasts during the week. :)

Pros: Great, friendly service, Lots of vegan/g.f options, Yummy food!
Cons: No breakfast menu on weekdays
perndragonridr
perndragonridr

DELISH AND VEGAN FRIENDLY

Posted on 05 / 24 / 2010

A lovely, friendly, little place. The girls wear colourful saris. There is inside and outside dining.

Lots of variety, I was impressed with the number of vegan options.
On my fave veg options in Canberra.

Guest
Guest

Yummy in my Tummy

Posted on 11 / 20 / 2008

A little hard to find from the directions, but we eventually found it after calling and discovering it was near the post office and Woolies. Once found, it was a zen oasis, quiet saturday afternoon, outdoor seating, lots of vegan options including drinks and desserts (cakes and sorbet), yummy choice of burgers (mexican was the best) with to-die-for sauces, they said that they usually have even more vegan options like lasagne and desserts but as it was 3pm so they had already sold out :( They were well informed of vegan and gluten free meals. Once they had a few customers, the two staff couldn't look after us as well and we had to ask for our dessert that we'd already paid for after waiting for our plates to be cleared. We will definitely be back again though! Yummy!

Pros: Friendly service, Yummy burgers, vegan desserts
Cons: dessert we had seemed like mostly sugar, small

Dear Owner and Manager of My Rainbow Dreams: