CLOSED: My Little Organic B...

Opened in the summer of 2012, this bistro offers healthy food that is organic and made without gluten, wheat, dairy, or sugar. All vegan, but reportedly their bread may contain eggs. DEC 2014 REPORTED SHUT. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Organic, American, Fast food, Take-out
8380 SW 40 St
Miami, Florida 33155
305-559-8912

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by Scott Grenerth
thehappyveganchic
thehappyveganchic

NOT Vegan-- BE AWARE!!!

Posted on 09 / 20 / 2014

I have been to this place a few times but after eating there recently I got really sick. I am a hardcore vegan and extremely allergic to eggs... I called them to make sure that there could have been no possible cross contamination only to find out that the gluten free potato bread they serve is NOT VEGAN as it contains egg. The Hispanic guy who answered the phone (who was also our server) was very unapologetic and told me it was my fault for no making sure that the bread was egg free even though the menu clearly states the dish I ate is vegan (the entire menu claims to be either vegan or raw vegan). I am extremely disappointed at these people. What they are doing is immoral, unethical and wrong! Who knows what else they serve that they claim to be vegan but its not. They should be ashamed of themselves for lying!!! Note only is it wrong to fool someone who chose the vegan path, it is irresponsible to claim they are something they are not as there are serious repercussion to people with allergies, such as myself.

ChristyFreitas
ChristyFreitas

Best in town

Posted on 07 / 18 / 2014

One year ago I found this restaurant and I have to confess that it has changed my view about vegan food. Everything I ever tried in there is delicious, fresh and colorful. I recommend trying the Inca rice, a fusion of wild rice, dry fruits and much more. I also recommend the fruit salad (spinach, nuts and lots of fresh fruit). I can't have enough. It's not a fancy place but it is very clean and friendly environment. It's worth every penny!!

Pros: Tasty, Value for the money, Cleanliness
pEva
pEva

Awkward...

Posted on 04 / 21 / 2014

Where do I begin? It was hard finding this place as the name is not well displayed. We found it by tracing the building unit numbers. The bistro is inside a health food store. It looked like a family run business. We were greeted and invited over by a man, who was wearing hospital scrubs, appetising? They had many different options, but the menu was extremely difficult to follow. It was all vegan which was great! I ordered a combo meal, which included a vegetable stew, Inca rice, portebello mushroom ceviche, and a fruit salad for $12.50. My husband ordered a pizza with coconut cheese for $13. We were advised that it will take about 20 minutes for the pizza to bake, which was okay, but they brought all of my meals way before my husband's. The food I got tasted like home cooking and it was really good and interesting. The portion sizes were enormous. It was equivalent to my breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Many different ingredients were used and I could tell that a lot of labour and prep time was involved to make it all. I was impressed with my meal. We were NOT impressed with my husband's pizza. It was tiny, looked burnt, and did not look appetising. It tasted ok. I ended up sharing half of my food with him. The value of the two orders is un-comparable and just doesn't make sense. As we were leaving, we realized that the health food store is also connected to an acupuncture clinic, which doesn't seem to be very hygienic. We were scared that we would get sick, but thankfully we felt ok. I don't think that we would come back.

Pros: All vegan, Many options, Tasty food
Cons: Bad service, Questionable environment, Inconsistent portion sizes and value

mellow322
mellow322

The Best Heath Food Restaurant I Ever Tried

Posted on 01 / 06 / 2014

This place is amazing, its very small but the food is excellent, all dishes are 10.50 and include soup and salad,don't hesitate to go this is the best place I ever ate in, organic vegan and gluten free, if the dishes where 20.00 it would still be worth it, but 10.50 including soup salad,vegan,organic, and gluten free are you kidding me. 5 stars the best

Pros: delisious , vegan, organic
maltinej
maltinej

Excellent Small Cafe / Health Food Store

Posted on 09 / 16 / 2013

I have been here various times, everytime ordering something different and every time i have had an excellent experience. Great tasting vegan food, many raw food options and a variety of food ranging from excellent soups to grilled "cheeze" sandwich, to pizza, pasta, rice and beans and salad. They also have a variety of smoothies and desserts. It is located in a small mall by the intersection which gets busy during lunch but is very much worth the trip.

Pros: Lots Of Vegan Food Options, Great Tasting Food, Desserts
Rawmillah
Rawmillah

Poor Service? Try No Service

Posted on 07 / 23 / 2013

I was excited to read the other reviews and arrived at the Bistro. Only to sit down have the waitress stare at me (without saying hello). She went to the back, I countinued to sit for an additional 5 minutes then stood and grabbed a menu myself.

Returning to my table I was encouraged to see all of the great vegan and raw dishes that could be ordered (if someone bothered to come and take my order). After sitting there 4 other women came behind the counter. I made eye contact with 2 neither addressed me.

I walked out. I wish this business the best but service is important to me and I will not give them a 2nd chance.

Pros: Great menu items
Cons: No Service
Amy_0
Amy_0

tasty

Posted on 05 / 01 / 2013

This is great! Don't be fooled by the small location the food is amazing and great ppl working there!! :)

BonzaiSan
BonzaiSan

Excelent place

Posted on 03 / 02 / 2013

Like for many things in life, don't stop to love just because of what you see on the outside! The place is cranky, sure, but very kind people and excellent food, fresh, all home made... And excellent prices. Try the raw pies for desert!!!

Pros: Excellent price, Excellent food, Vegan, raw... Lot of options
Cons: Location
Scott Grenerth
Scott Grenerth

Delicious and healthy!

Posted on 02 / 22 / 2013

A small cafe inside a heath food store. Very nice staff.
Food was very flavorful! Large portions. I'll be back next trip to Miami!

Pros: Great food, Generous portion size

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: My Little Organic Bistro: