CLOSED: My Kitch'n

Organic vegan restaurant and green smoothie bar, opened Mar 2013 in the market. Serves Marley Coffee, specialty tea blends, veggie burgers and burritos, raw food, gluten free, and vegan desserts. Child friendly, casual dining. FEB 2015 OPENED ANOTHER OUTLET - THIS ONE SHUT. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, Western, American, Raw, Juice bar, Take-out

Tue-Fri 9:00am-1:00pm, 3:30pm-8:00pm, Sat 9:00am-8:00pm, Sun 9:00am-2:00pm

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by ACW
vegman in France
vegman in France

Very disappointing

Posted on 04 / 12 / 2015

I had one visit to the market location last year. I'll tell it as it was. The table beared the remnants of the previous diner. No attempts to wipe it clean were made. I ordered the veggie burger with fries. I was told, at 12h15 that they were out of fries but they would add extra salad. The person preparing my food, stopped to take money from clients and no attempt to wash hands was made. The cutlery was taken from a jar, the hands touching the important parts...

The burger was a limp, bean based patty, bland and tasteless. The sort of thing you prepare at home hastily when in a dire rush. The half-plate of salad was non-descript with a tasteless dressing. And that was my meal. No efforts to even present it nicely I was hungry and yet I couldn't finish it. I spoke to the lady who I assumed was the owner. She suggested that I may not be used to eating vegan. Note that I have been producing tasty, nourishing vegan food for groups and individuals for 23 years! This food was unappetising and lacking in nutritional value. To boot it cost me 12,50 euros. It reminded me of the poor food of the early veggie restos in Paris of the early 90's. Most of which have fortunately closed. I just hope the new place is better and that the owners wake up to the fact that veggie food has moved on in leaps and bounds in recent times. This mediocrity is no longer acceptable, especially at such price and is a poor advert for vegetarianism. Sorry but that's how it was.

Maiskeks
Maiskeks

Rather torn

Posted on 10 / 07 / 2014

I went there during a stay in Paris mainly because of the positive reviews. To be honest I was a little disappointed. The atmosphere in a market hall was rather interesting and extraordinary. Except of the butcher located directly across from the restaurant. But that's not the fault of My Kitch'n. The staff was friendly and helpful, she prepared the fresh dishes really fast. However dishes are more or less simple but somewhat tasty, dessert was lovely designed but rather flavourless. Even though I like the idea of the restaurant, the cozy design, the animal rights stickers, and the kind staff, I think it is quite expensive for what you get. Also by Parisian standards. I could neither recommend nor advise against a visit there. Just don't expect too much.

Pros: fresh & healthy, friendly staff, twee design
Cons: quite expensive for what you get, ambience
Oliv211_Fr
Oliv211_Fr

En cas de secours

Posted on 10 / 03 / 2014

Pas super accessible en métro, le "restaurant" se trouve en plein milieu d'un marché couvert, en face d'un boucher ... très loin de l'image kitch donnée par le site web :/
Les plats sont bons mais sans plus, les smoothies petits et là aussi bons mais autant que chez soi.
Donc bien pour dépanner, mais sans plus.

Pros: Plats pas extraordinaires mais bons
Cons: Cadre, en face d'un boucher
  • JenniferLoveParis JenniferLoveParis

On est juste à côté du métro Brochant! Quand vous dites "loin de l'image Kitch donnée par le site web" , de quel site parlez vous? Car notre site internet n'est rien qu'un page "parking" pour le moment.

lissabliss
lissabliss

not worth a visit at all...

Posted on 09 / 29 / 2014

With such a high rating we thought it would be worth it to trek over for lunch. When first approaching it and glancing at the menu, we changed our minds. First of all it's a tiny place with tiny seats and no atmosphere at all (don't let the 'oldest open market in Paris make you think this is a destination with character). It's mostly just a building with low ceiling and meat vendors everywhere.

Besides smoothies, there's only really 3 options on the menu (burger, curry, salad). We had been craving a burger but they don't have real buns, but instead serve their burgers on a lettuce leaf (go to M.O.B. with your burger cravings!). We were hungry so I ordered the Thai Salad to share (10.50EU). I didn't notice anything 'Thai' about it. It was just some quinoa with spinach, big chunks of raw button mushrooms, and carrots (unpeeled). Anyone could make a salad at home better than this. Why not put some Thai basil, cilantro, bean sprouts, roasted peanuts, snap peas, spices...?

I don't really have anything against healthy food, but there's a way to do it well. I feel that if they're only serving 3 options, they should all be pretty good. I suppose the key that we missed is that this is primarily a SMOOTHIE BAR (but even then, they only have like 3 options). Their description should say 'simple health food'... we were more interested in trying real burgers and fancy burritos.

Pros: animal defense stickers, design of their sign is cute , cute, friendly staff
Cons: super disappointing food, cramped atmosphere next to meat sellers, out of the way
  • JenniferLoveParis JenniferLoveParis

Yes indeed that is exactly what we try to offer: simple healthy food. We do what we can with what we have. The menu changes every 2-3 days, so people who come frequently always find something different. Everything is made fresh on the premises daily: what you see us what you get! We don't have large fridges or freezers hiding anywhere, which means the menu needs to remain quite small. Everything is organic and mostly locavore, so variety depends on availability. We try to keep it fresh and simple. By "oldest covered market" I'm sorry if that romanticized the venue for you: this is what French covered markets are like, and given the food culture, yes, most are traditional vendors such as meat etc. We are the only vegan (or even vegetarian) stall in a French market. Trying to show people that there are other ways to eat, other options... But yes, it is not a place for "burger cravings", but indeed a place for a simple healthy life

Mbt
Mbt

Good food, but hardly place to sit

Posted on 02 / 15 / 2014

The ffod is really good, freshly prepared and the price is low(12,50). It's located at a really nice indoor market. Downside: it's oposite of a butcher's stall and in wintertime it's a bit cold.

Pros: indoor market, great food for a great price
Cons: only a few tables, the view on a butcher's stall
thesoulution
thesoulution

Vegans In Paris

Posted on 01 / 16 / 2014

This establishment is located in a very famous market in Paris it's directly across a meat butcher so it's a little intimidating eating at a vegan bar while staring at what used to be a live breathing cow, or chicken, etc. The woman was very nice & spoke English. We ordered the chili, veggie burger, green juice, hot apple cider & raw brownie. Everything was very fresh & tasty. It was a great first meal in Paris. The raw brownie sticks out the most it was delicious. FYI there's very few food options so if you have a big appetite I would eat somewhere else.

Pros: Fresh Tasty Food, Great Service
Cons: Location
  • JenniferLoveParis JenniferLoveParis

You can also choose to look at all the fruits or flowers right across from the tables section ;) And we are doing our very best to make sure those cows and chickens keep breathing...........

AnnFromIllinois
AnnFromIllinois

Lovely little hideaway!

Posted on 01 / 05 / 2014

Great 100% vegan cafe in the middle of a covered market. Everything is made from scratch and the attention is obvious. This is a small place with limited seating. Decor is a bit odd, but that's part of the charm. Definitely worth a stop for lunch! Oh, and did I mention the food is great!

Pros: Great food, Reasonable prices, Wonderful service
Cons: Hard to find
Cocola
Cocola
  • raw

Un des rares restaurants intégralement végétaliens

Posted on 11 / 22 / 2013

Il n'est pas aisé de trouver un restaurant intégralement végétalien à Paris. Heureusement, il y a MyKitch'n!

J'y suis allée avec un ami, nous avons passé un moment très agréable. Tout était frais et bon, cuisiné devant nous. Ou plutôt crusiné, car je suis crudivore et Jennifer nous a fait une salade crue tout spécialement. Elle fait tout toute seule.

C'est un petit resto très sympa en plein coeur du marché des Batignolles.

Pros: Intégralement végétalien, Service sympathique, S'adapte à la demande des clients
martha_vasa
martha_vasa

Love My Kitch'n

Posted on 10 / 14 / 2013

Accordingly to my friends it is not easy to find good vegan food in Paris. Lucky for me I found this place with such an amazing food. Everything is so fresh and tasty. The dishes are well prepared and makes me want to eat here everyday.
The owner prepares herself every dish. She is so kind and takes the time to chat. She has a deep knowledge in nutrition and knows the benefits of every product and she reflectes in every dish. It seems like she has a big commitment with health. I see she doesn't use ingredients that are not good for our health even if are completely vegan.
The carrot cake is one of the best desserts I've ever tried.

Pros: Excellent food, Completely vegan, All the ingredients are based also in health
SuzieQuban
SuzieQuban

Fresh & Healthy !

Posted on 10 / 08 / 2013

From the reviews, this seemed to be the perfect first stop in Paris, on the way home after a long summer; healthy, raw stuff, green smoothies, lettuce wrap veggies burgers. I was not disappointed, everything was so tasty!!! I had smoothies, the burger, it was topped with sweet onions, some form of delicious smoky ketchup, and pickles with spicy potatos as a side dish (and more of that delicious smoky sauce to dip them in!). And I had a small raspberry pie for dessert, it was raw and soooooo goooooood! The proprietor is obviously very health conscious (ay caramba, gimme some of that long shiny hair!!!), and happily answers in-depth questions (even with regards to the recipes). It is inside a market, in the middle of it, so you will not see it from the street, you have to enter the market that looks like a big block of cement. My favorite place in Paris.

Pros: Yummy green smoothies, Cozy deco , Healthy food
Tiggy
Tiggy

A nice simple start...

Posted on 10 / 03 / 2013

This was the first vegan place I went to in Paris. My partner and I ate lunch here the afternoon we arrived (21/09/13). After having a tiny bit of trouble finding it - partly because of being new to the city and partly because it's in a kind of indoor marketplace among a lot of other food stalls - and disturbingly/ironically/strangely directly opposite a butcher's. The setup is very simple, with cute kitsch decor, retro posters and children's desks and chairs, complete with paper and crayons, presumably to create a playful or family-friendly atmosphere. The woman serving us and running the place was very friendly and helpful. The menu is very earthy. I ordered a mixed juice and a vege burger with fries. The burger came on a bed of beet greens, rather than a bun, which surprised me. It was OK, but if you're expecting a conventional burger, you're not going to get one, and to be honest, not being that enchanted by raw food, I wouldn't be in the mood for a burger like that too often. The chips were fine but again, not conventionally brown and crispy. The juice was a bit watery. I ordered a coffee and then realised they didn't serve soy products there, so no soy milk for me. The price was a tiny but high for what it was, perhaps around 10 euro for the burger - which was not huge - if I remember correctly, but I like the idea of this place - healthy, vegan, raw food served with a personal touch - and support it in that sense. If raw food is your thing, give it a visit.

Pros: Passionately executed, Fun atmosphere, Friendly
Cons: Just a little expensive
  • JenniferLoveParis JenniferLoveParis

In the desks there are books about animals; everything from Bambi to Nils Holgerson's Travels to a Sea Shepherd whale hunting tale; for children and grown-ups alike. Children like reading the books while the parents are eating, and the stage is set for grown-ups to nostalgically remember the love they had for animals in their childhood, when these books were their favorites (and the vinyl covers [not posters, but actual covers] = all their favorite songs back in the day). The 'fries' are homemade oven baked potato wedges, on purpose not browned or too crisped. I don't want to rant about raw food since you are not in to that, but please be careful with overcooked foods! Specially some starchy foods, like potatoes, as they produce hazardous compounds when heated too much (specifically acrylamide = a known carcinogen, found in Pringels, McDo fries, hash browns etc). You can refer to the European Union funded study HEATOX for more info on the subject. No soy milk but almond milk, brazil nut milk, oat milk = all possible... ;)

IsabellePurits
IsabellePurits

So fresh and good prices!

Posted on 09 / 30 / 2013

I really like the simplicity of this little restaurant where you can be sure to find fresh, tasty and healthy food at great prices! I've stopped by for smoothies and granola bars whenever I need an energy boost and really appreciate that everything is made on the spot. So fresh and really tasty! My body is feeling happier since the opening of this pink initiative! :)

Pros: Jennifer, The menu that changes, Friendly atmosphere
Arkin
Arkin
  • herbivore

Very good food

Posted on 09 / 28 / 2013

The food taste very good, nice simple place inside a market surrounded by meat! :) I love meat!

Anyhow, great shakes and vegan food with a personal touch. Must try even if you are not vegi or veganatarian.

Have fun. Open until 20.00 and on Sundays till 14.00.

Bonus: also has take a away.

Pros: Tastes great, Variety of ingredients , Grinds almonds to make great almond milk.
Cons: It's not free, but not expensive , You can't do dishes as a compensation, No valet parking
  • JenniferLoveParis JenniferLoveParis

Hey, no valet parking but Velib' right outside the door ;)

Alejandro G
Alejandro G

Love it

Posted on 07 / 28 / 2013

I tried it only ones but am ready to go back.
The burger was excellent, and the what I have seen of the menu (which I get from their Facebook page) is very creative.

Pros: Good food, Super nice owner!!!, Did I say nice owner? yes.
Cons: small place, located inside a noisy market, hard to find the first time
  • JenniferLoveParis JenniferLoveParis

Why thank you :) I also have super nice guests!!!

greenhexi
greenhexi

VERY yummy... Helps improve the world...

Posted on 07 / 14 / 2013

Came here the day after Loving Hut and was very grateful: The food was healthy, full of veggies, tasted very, very yummy. I had the platter, so could also have the burger together with all the veggies... from the constellation, it was possibly the best vegan dish I ever had when eating out. And for desert I could have the pineapple carpaccio, so my daily fruit intake was also covered. - Service was very friendly and honest. - There were not that many customers but I was afraid that they might not be able to handle many, food took a while to prepare/sample.- There was something to sit among the meat stalls but after while I went into a defiant mood... guys, see what yummy food there is, without meat and all the other rubbish (and interestingly all other customers I saw at My Kitchn were not vegan from what I overheard...) Certainly worth a visit, from whereever you are...

Pros: Yummy food, Friendly service, Food prepared individually
  • JenniferLoveParis JenniferLoveParis

Wow, I feel very humbled by this review! Those are some very beautiful words, thank you! Makes hard work worthwhile ;)

Aurelia
Aurelia

Worth a trip to the 17e

Posted on 06 / 12 / 2013

This wonderful juice bar/vegan traiteur tucked inside the Batignolles covered market is a healthy herbivore's dream come true! Creative salads, soups, and desserts are prepared with care by Jennifer, the super-friendly, well-informed proprietor. Many of her dishes are infused with superfoods (hemp, maca)and most are gluten-free. I'm addicted to the
Green Machine smoothies, which includes a rotating blend of in-season fruits and veggies. The organic, fair-trade coffee is amazing, too! I'm lucky that My Kitch'n is in my neighborhood, but it's definitely worth a trip, wherever you happen to be in Paris.

Pros: Vegan, Healthy and tasty, Friendly and knowledgeable proprietor
Cons: Not open during traditional lunch hours , Surrounded by meat vendors in the market
Kristiina
Kristiina
  • non-vegetarian

Delicious and interesting Organic

Posted on 05 / 27 / 2013

You must try this! I very much enjoyed the friendly service, quality of food and interesting taste combinations at My Kitch'n, a newly opened Organic Vegan restaurant & Coffee shop inside a cool, old Parisian covered market place of les Batignolles in the lively and inspiring part of Paris 17th district. English and even Swedish spoken there. Next time I'll go for the Brownie with strawberry sauce again.

Pros: Interesting taste combinations, English and Swedish spoken, Child friendly
slipandslide
slipandslide

Amazing little vegan spot

Posted on 05 / 26 / 2013

It's not easy to find a green smoothie in Paris, so as a health conscious traveller I was psyched to even see it on the menu. I can honestly say, it's one of the best green drinks I've ever had! The green salad was delicious as well...

The raw brownie was dressed with a delectable strawberry sauce and fresh strawberry slices, while the green tea included freshly ground spices like cardamom and clove. They obviously care about delivering healthy dishes in yummy unique ways.

Be sure to stop here for an authentically healthy meal! You will not be disappointed.

Updated from previous review on Sunday May 19, 2013

Pros: superfoods, green smoothie, raw options
happykat
happykat
  • non-vegetarian

A recommander pour tout le monde!

Posted on 05 / 22 / 2013

J'y étais hier et je suis honnêtement impressionnée. Un parfait combinaison des arômes autant agréable pour les yeux que pour la ventre. En goûtant on découvre aussi des choses sur des épices favorables a la santé. Après entrée, plat, dessert et un shot épicé tellement sein et équilibré sans pesticides et gras animales, on est rempli pour longtemps et plein d’énergie sans aucune lourdeur au ventre. A recommander pour tout le monde. Bravo Jennifer !

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, healthy
ACW
ACW

Happy to have My Kitch'n in charming Batignolles

Posted on 04 / 22 / 2013

As a former Vegan, I’m extremely happy to have the chance to live close to the covered market, with the newly opened My Kitch’n, an organic vegan restaurant with a smoothie bar, in the charming "Batignolles quarter" (17ème in Paris)! Nice, cool decoration & child friendly...
In our family we eat already quite healthy but each week we’re discovering wonderful, tasty and creative dishes from this restaurant! A great treat to the body & we all feel that we get more & more inspired to eat healthier foods… (including our 5 years' old son ;))

Pros: Tasty, creative & healthy foods, Nice, trendy decoration, Child friendly
Cons: No terrace (yet)

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: My Kitch'n: