Serves meat, veg options available. Restaurant cafe in tranquil outdoor garden setting in courtyard of Mut Mee guesthouse overlooking the Mekong River. Plenty of vegan/vegetarian options. There is also a main restaurant on moored boat adjacent to guesthouse landing. Has wi-fi. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, Western, Thai, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
1111/4 Kaeworawut Rd
Nong Khai, Thailand 43000
66-0-42460717

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by mutmee
anarchistanimal
anarchistanimal

OK

Posted on 03 / 19 / 2013

I ate at the restaurant floating on the river. (There's also one on the riverbank, in a garden, run by the same people). The setting was lovely (floating on the Mekong) and there was a pleasant ambiance with friendly staff. It was nice to see both locals and foreigners there, although it seems to be a place aimed mostly at tourists. The vegetarian section on the menu wasn't huge, but it had a decent number of dishes - traditional Thai curries and stir-fries. The garden restaurant menu is similar but a bit cheaper I think. I had a cashew nut stir fry and fried rice. They brought out fish sauce with the fried rice (in a dish on the side), even though I was very clear about being vegetarian and ordered off the vegetarian section. Well, that isn't an unusual occurrence in Thailand. Together with a fresh coconut, it cost me 215 bat, so not as cheap as some local places, but not unreasonable. Also, in their favour, this was the only restaurant I could find that had veg*n options that was open at night in Nong Kai.

Pros: Open at night, Pleasant setting, Vegetarian section on menu
Cons: Better understanding of vegetarianism needed, More variety of vegetarian dishes needed
mutmee
mutmee

Review by Owner

Posted on 04 / 05 / 2011

My name is Julian and I am the owner of Mut Mee Garden Guest House and our restaurant here. I would like to say that we are very sensitive to the needs and choices of different people from around the world. We realise that while many people are vegetarian, that within that choice many people have individual needs and we are ready to tailor our cooking to suit. As our kitchen is open to the public, all are encouraged to walk inside to talk to our cooks, Tia and Man. Moreover you can watch how dishes are prepared. We hope this is of help to those with specific needs.

Dear Owner and Manager of Mut Mee Restaurant: