Mustard Seed Cafe - Montrose

Serves meat, veg options available. The cafe is located within the market and offers a daily macrobiotic meal, vegan and vegetarian food. Brunch is served on Sundays. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, American, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
3885 W Market St
Akron, Ohio
330-666-7333

Open Mon-Sat 11am-8pm, Sun 10:30am-3pm.

First Review by Vegetarian1994
MichelleKreidler
MichelleKreidler

Excellent food and great service!

4 Posted on 07 / 26 / 2014

In the past I haven't been thrilled with Mustard Seed Cafe. However, last night's food and service, completely changed my mind. I don't know if they have a new chef but everything was wonderful. The menu was filled with wholesome, delicious, simple food. There was something for everyone (vegan/vegetarian or meat eater). Our server was attentive and knew the menu and wine list well. Ambiance was lovely and there was live music.

Pros: Great service, Live music, Extensive menu
XVeganSxeX
XVeganSxeX

Great food!

4 Posted on 12 / 02 / 2013

My wife and I were in Akron for a friends wedding and we stayed at a hotel near The Mustard Seed Cafe. It looked like a grocery store from the outside so we went in to check it out to get some supplies we needed. Little did we know there was a full fledged restaurant upstairs! They had a small folk band playing and the atmosphere was very nice. It seemed that almost everything on the menu could be made vegan and it was all clearly marked. I had the tempeh reuben and it was fantastic. The next morning we went here for breakfast and had several awesome vegan items off the buffet. I wish I didn't live 9 hours away!

Pros: Cool Atmospher, Great Food
robyncheryl18
robyncheryl18

new chef new menu @Mustard Seed

4 Posted on 07 / 02 / 2012

Scot Jones formerly from VegiTerranean - the vegan restaurant that closed is now at Mustard Seed and they have revamped the menu -still many of the old favorites but also new vegan dishes and sides. The best thing about the new menu is that each dish is clearly labeled vegetarian or vegan or not.

malia
malia

Love the deli and bakery

4 Posted on 05 / 17 / 2009

I love the mustard seed pre made foods. They have great vegan options for pre-made lunches and dinners. The bakery also has lots of vegan options which are great (especially the carrot macrobiotic muffins and double chocolate cookies). The cafe is just ok. I tend to think that the vegetarian/vegan options are a bit bland and expensive. But I try to support them when I can because there are not a lot of restaurants with so many vegan options.

Pros: great pre made options, vegan baked goods!
Cons: bland cafe foods , sometimes a little pricey
Vegetarian1994
Vegetarian1994

LOVE it!

5 Posted on 12 / 08 / 2007

I have been eating at the Mustard Seed since I was a little girl and the Cafe was downstairs and it's one of my favorite restaurants. Great service! Wonderful food!

Dear Owner and Manager of Mustard Seed Cafe - Montrose: