A bright, casual coffeehouse and cafe with a vegetarian food menu. Has vegan desserts, live entertainment some nights, free Wi-Fi internet. Re-opened (all-veg) at this location Jun 2012, previously on Santa Monica Blvd. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Take-out
759 S La Brea Ave (8th St)
Los Angeles, California 90036

mep
mep

Neighborhood Cafe with Yummy Food

Posted on 03 / 03 / 2015

I was just happy to find an all-veg place with vegan options near work, but Muse on 8th is so much more - this place has a real artsy, neighborhood hang-out feel. While the dishes are somewhat simple (wraps, paninis, etc), they are always delicious. They also hold regular events, which I'm hoping on attending one day.

Pros: Quick food, True cafe vibe, Super nice owner
Cons: Inside can get hot
immichs
immichs

title

Posted on 09 / 12 / 2013

desc

Pros: (null), (null), (null)
Cons: (null), (null), (null)
thrash632
thrash632

Great place

Posted on 09 / 10 / 2013

MUSE on 8th is a great indie coffee shop / cafe.

The entire menu is vegetarian, but there are ton of vegan options.

Their vegan cheese cake is some of the best cheese cake I've had.

They also host events and live music.

My girlfriend and I love going to this place for breakfast. They have free wi-fi and a bunch of books available to customers. This is the type of place that encourages their customers to stay for a long time and lounge, study, work on your computer, or hang out with friends.

Pros: Excellent vegan food, live events, great atmosphere

Chia
Chia

Causal space, Filling food

Posted on 01 / 01 / 2012

I had read about this place on happycow, and here's my Cafe Muse review.

Stopped in on a weekday morning, there were a couple other customers eating and drinking their coffee. The space is casual with ivory wall paint, tables, a piano in corner, bar stools in front of a register & counter.

The menu is veg-friendly American food (with also fish and chicken). My friend got the vegan blueberry pancakes (very good, moist, just right) and I the omelette with a side of sweet potatoes cubes. We shared a vegan sugar cookie (soft and sweet), a vegan cinnamon roll (good but too doughy/dense), hot coffee (good). The prices are cheap to fair.

My only complaint is about the ventilation - it's kinda stuffy with all the foodstuff smell sticking to the walls. Would be nice to have open windows or a fan.

Good place to come for a cup of organic coffee, a quick bite to eat, or some live entertainment (see their website for info).

Cons: needs better ventilation
Jovon
Jovon

Cafe Muse saved us in a pinch

Posted on 12 / 20 / 2010

During recent Dec. downpours in LA a friend and I had theather tics. I went full vegetarian three weeks ago so didnt know where to eat near the Pantages theater. I used the VegOut app on my iphone and found the address for Cafe Muse. We passed it the first time down SM Blvd. (we could'nt see due to heavy rain) When we finally found the tiny place and came in to order the guy at the counter was so super friendly. I took his suggestion and ordered the "turkey" reuben with SP Fries and got a cup of coffee. Sooooo goood!!! My veg-supportive friend ordered a wrap. She enjoyed her's too. Great vibe!! The art gallery hall way leads to a small theather in the back, I think its called the Hudson. As we left the gentleman playing live music took a break to tell us about the upcoming Lunar Elicpe. Thanks for the info, dude! Will def. come again. Get the Reuben. Its great!

Pros: Live Music, Kind Staff, Yummy Flavors
Cons: Easy to Miss
tydav
tydav

Good Spot

Posted on 08 / 05 / 2010

Kool spot, get the vegan bbq chicken sandwich with the sweet potato fries!!!!

lawoodry
lawoodry

I want to go back!

Posted on 03 / 16 / 2010

Everything was fresh and delicious. The staff were very friendly and helpful in suggesting items for my non-vegetarian friends. The place is very small, but nice. Service was fast, especially for a very busy Saturday night - every table was full and there were several people coming in for takeout.

quarrygirl
quarrygirl

great salads and wraps!

Posted on 02 / 16 / 2009

i wish there were more places in hollywood like cafe muse. this unassuming restaurant offers quality coffee, a relaxing atmosphere and an almost entirely vegetarian menu (their only transgression is tuna). they definitely know the difference between vegan and vegetarian, and clearly mark on the menu which dishes contain dairy and/or eggs. on top of all that, and most importantly, the food is pretty damn good!

my favorite thing to order is the huge build your own salad. the leaves are always perfect and fresh, and you have the choice of several toppings including vegetables, soy chicken, tofu and hummus. the wraps are also insanely good.

cafe muse always hits the spot for a quick cheap vegan meal.

Pros: great salads, friendly staff, amazing tofu
Cons: tuna on the menu, sometimes the wait is long, seats are small
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

Amazing Sweet potato fries

Posted on 10 / 20 / 2008

Great nice spot on theater row. Ample seating and vegan options. The Sweet potato fries are incredible, crisp and delicious.

Dear Owner and Manager of MUSE on 8th: