Open early Feb 2014. Vegan cafe with focus on organic and non-gmo ingredients. Serving many classic American fare with a vegan twist, like mac n cheese, pot pie, lasagna, rice and beans. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, American

First Review by lebfam
katielee
katielee

Delicious

5 Posted on 08 / 07 / 2014

Haven't had anything here I didn't like. The service is wonderful. Try the Apple Crisp desert with vanilla ice cream!! YUMMMMM

Pros: Delicious, Fresh, Courteous Staff
Cons: Small glasses (constant refills), Scattered hours
Juleslovesvegan
Juleslovesvegan

absolutely fantastic

5 Posted on 08 / 03 / 2014

Has some of the best vegan food I have ever tasted! Great service. The staff was super friendly. I would recommend the mushrooms, cashew cheese platter, and the tamales. It all had such great flavor and really mixed well together. I especially liked that the food was all gluten free, non-gmo, and organic!!!! And after the meal you are treated the the friendliest chef coming out and asking you how your meal was and explaining why their gluten free non- gmo and organic. I will totally be coming back here again soon

Pros: great service , great food , friendly atmosphere
Cons: none
chickie
chickie

5 Posted on 07 / 30 / 2014

Delicious food, friendly staff and really nice atmosphere. What more can you ask for? And GMO free!
I have to say I'm shocked to see any negative reviews.

bduboff
bduboff

superb

5 Posted on 06 / 15 / 2014

One vegan and three omnivores in the group and we all loved everything. The lasagna was great with no clue that it's gluten free. The César salad was great too. Really everything was great. Wonderful coffee! My experience says that anyone complaining is either being paid to or has no idea what food is supposed to taste like. Montclair is lucky to have Mundo Vegan. Go, enjoy and see for yourself.

Pros: vegan, creative receipes, delicious
Cons: limited hours, limited menu
  • bduboff bduboff

ugh, u really felt responding was necessary?! well, now that I see you rated Jerusalem Pizza *** I'll stand by my comment of not knowing what good food is. Mundo Vegan is a much better restaurant than Jerusalem Pizza especially if ur interested in vegan food. peace brother!

• passedout passedout

Not being paid to make any sort of review. After 19 years of veganism I think I know how food should taste, though, it's really subjective. If you don't like someone's opinion there's no need to make accusations.

websters
websters

Wonderful Experience!

5 Posted on 05 / 24 / 2014

Mundo Vegan was an amazing dining experience of healthy, organic eats that were pleasing to the palate. We were impressed by the fine and attentive service we received with a very relaxing and inviting ambiance. A must try!!

Pros: fabulously tasty, attentive staff, comfortable dining room
Cons: understandably pricy
MagdaDepa
MagdaDepa

Great food

4 Posted on 05 / 19 / 2014

I visited this place only ones. Food was great and enjoyed everything.
I don't like my food too spicy so that was great change.
Call ahead they are not always opened. Menu changes periodically.

Pros: Excellent Food, Friendly stuff
Cons: Closed on Mondays
passedout
passedout

Needs Some Work..

2 Posted on 03 / 10 / 2014

I'll start with the pros. The place is well decorated and the servers are extremely nice and prompt.

Now to the cons. The food is extremely tasteless and a little confusing. We ordered two entrees, one of them was lasagna ($17). It came with a side of rice and beans as well as a side of steamed cauliflower. It seemed like a very strange move to put two carb heavy items on one plate like that. The lasagna was ok, but the sides were extremely tasteless. There no spices at all.

The other entree was some of the 'beyond meat' product seasoned and served with steamed kale as well as rice and beans. This plate was ok, but I feel even the most amateur cook would have no problem replicating this dish at home.

I left pretty disappointed in the food.

Pros: decor, service
Cons: food
carya
carya

Superb Vegan!

5 Posted on 02 / 05 / 2014

This new Vegan restaurant is outstanding! I went there shortly after it opened, and found the service friendly, prompt, and efficient, and the food to be superb! I had a soup that was thick with tasty vegetables, and potatoes that could have been a meal in itself. I believe they call it "Southern Comfort." I also had the Ropa Vieja, which is a seitan based dish. Seitan, I have found, can be tasteless or "greasy," but this dish was GREAT! The rice and beans, while often times of little flavor was here most savory. Again, I could have made a meal just of this. There was also a vegetable dish based on kale, which was again fabulous! Desert was also wonderful! I should also mention that the restaurant was packed, and judging from the empty plates and smiling faces everyone seemed to be enjoying their selves! Bring a non vegan and they'll come away a convert! This place is a true find!

Pros: Tasty, superb food! Great use of spices!, Service prompt and efficient, Decor is warm and spacious.
SusanOmar
SusanOmar

disappointed

2 Posted on 02 / 03 / 2014

I love the idea of this place. I was so excited to have another vegan restaurant near my home until I finally went there to eat. The staff was friendly and the place was clean but looked unfinished yet. None of that really mattered to me as much as the food did. I ordered ropa vieja that came with rice and black beans. I also had the hummus appetizer and a cup of veggie soup. The entire meal had absolutely no flavor. it was as if they boiled the beans and rice in water and then put it on my plate. The ropa vieja was so tasteless, it was as if a German cooked my spanish dish. No insult to Germans, it could be any nationality unfamiliar with spanish seasonings. I may have high expectations after eating at Blossom NYC, there food was amazing. Now I really hate to bash a new place that is doing such a great thing.. but vegan and organic does not mean without flavor… I really have to question whether or not the chef actually tasted the food. My friend ordered their cauliflower entree and was equally as disappointed in her meal. We asked the waitress to just wrap our entrees and we left. The prices were fine and the location is great. I really wish the owner or chef of this place would consider using some salt, garlic, cilantro, or any spice at all to in their dishes. We tossed our left over containers in the garbage can outside of the restaurant and happily went to the yummy veggie heaven for chinese take out. My hopes for this review are not to hurt this restaurants business but to maybe give helpful criticism to the owner/chef. If anyone has high blood pressure or high cholesterol.. I would highly recommend eating at Mundo..

Pros: friendly, clean , vegan/organic
Cons: food was very bland, food was very bland , food was very bland
lebfam
lebfam

Excellent vegan food!

5 Posted on 02 / 02 / 2014

What a wonderful place! The atmosphere, food, service, menu -- everything about this restaurant is terrific. New Jersey is lucky to have Mundo Vegan!!

Pros: fantastic food, wonderful, thoughtful service, lovely, welcoming atmosphere & fantastic location
Cons: none. not a one.

Dear Owner and Manager of Mundo Vegan: