Serves meat, veg options available. Billed as a vegetarian restaurant but uses dashi (fish stock) in the soup. If you ask for the soup with no dashi the staff will give you a vegan version. Most of the remaining menu including dessert is fully vegan. Makes vegan versions of all the local favorite foods and some from other nearby countries, has soy frozen yogurt and soy tiramisu. Nice interior. Japanese address: 福岡県北九州市小倉北区中井5丁目19-11 Call for hours - tell us. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Japanese, Fusion, Non-veg

BlissingOut
BlissingOut

Saving my butt

Posted on 01 / 21 / 2013

This restaurant is fantastic. Japan is a country where it's very difficult to get any vegetarian meals, and people will tell you something is vegetarian when it isn't. I have not found that to be the case here. Mumokuteki has a really diverse menu that appears to be 100% vegetarian except for the soup. But ask for the soup without dashi (fish stock), and you're good to go. Every time I go here I get something different and its always really delicious - good by my standards back home too. If you're a vegetarian in the area, then this place will definitely help you out.

Pros: Vegan versions of local food, Soymilk-vegetable smoothies, Chill decor
Cons: Fish stock in the soup, Servers speak no English

Dear Owner and Manager of Mumokuteki: