Maharaja thali, thali mini lunch, rice & curry, pizza, burgers, chips, garlic bread, masala dossa, onion uthappam, samosa chaat, and more. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Indian, Western, Fast food, Take-out
71 Taylor Street, Blockhouse Bay (Wolverton Road)
Auckland, New Zealand 0600
09-8209393

Open Tue-Thur 2.30-8pm, Fri-Sun 11am-9pm, closed Mon.

First Review by shankaboom
catstack
catstack

horrible experience

2 Posted on 02 / 16 / 2013

I went to this location to find a small note saying they were randomly closed and suggested I should go to the other location. I drove 15 min to the next one. The menu has no descriptions of items. I know what some Indian dishes are but I haven't memorized all of them. I pick out curry, can't go wrong there. I ask to make sure it doesn't have dairy. No one spoke English so there was a back and forth game for a few minutes. I still don't know if it has dairy or not in it. I tried to order a samosa but after a few blank stares I gave up. The prices are cheap though. I could have ordered a veg burger but I didn't come to an Indian spot to order a veg burger.

Pros: cheap
Cons: no English speaking workers, no item descriptions
shankaboom
shankaboom

happy chap at mumbai chaat

5 Posted on 03 / 03 / 2012

this little place is number 3 on my fave eateries in aukland, the other two are ras vatika, and rasoi, and they aren't in order of preferance, its number 3 because its my most recent discovery. food is faultless, thali, poori, idli as good as i've had anywhere else - much more on the menu like dosa, uthapam and assortment of starters and snacks. hospitality in abundance, and prices to suit the modestist of budgets.

Pros: food, hospitality, value
Cons: small, basic decor, not near enough to where i live

Dear Owner and Manager of Mumbai Chaat: