Mudra Natural Cafe

An organic vegetarian restaurant offering a wide selection of vegan dishes and desserts. Full vegan breakfast with vegappuccio (vegan cappuccino) and vegan croissant. Lovely atmosphere, reservation is suggested. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, Italian, Macrobiotic, Juice bar, Take-out
Piazza 24 Maggio 8 (Navigli area)
Milan, Italy 20123
345-4512459

Open Tue-Wed 11.00-22.00, Fri-Sat 11.00-24.00, Thur, Sun 11.00-23.00, closed Mon.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by Alessandro
alessio
alessio

One of the best vegan restaurant in Milano

5 Posted on 01 / 14 / 2014

Mudra is a great place to eat excellent vegan food and have a very pleasant evening. Staff super friendly and relaxed atmosphere.

siafiguresk8r
siafiguresk8r

Yummmm!

5 Posted on 01 / 06 / 2014

This is a must try restaurant in Milan, especially if you are vegetarian or vegan! The restaurant has converted to all organic and vegan and was amazing. I took my friend who is not veg, and she loved everything! The atmosphere is relaxing and the food stellar!

Pros: Food is stellar , Price is good for the quality , Staff knowledgable and friendly
L_Almo_Clelarco
L_Almo_Clelarco

Cozy, nice atmosphere, but a bit pricey

3 Posted on 09 / 19 / 2013

This quiet corner in the very busy navigli neighborhood is a welcome refuge from chaos.
The owners are really careful and nice, friendly and available for explaining dishes.
In my experience, though, food is not always that good, and comes at an above average price.

Pros: Atmosphere, Location, Staff
Cons: Food quality, Value for money
devu
devu

Cool and chilling

5 Posted on 09 / 16 / 2013

Mudra was the first vegan restaurant I went in Milan more than 3 years ago and I'm always happy to eat here again. Even during the day if I'm nearby, I often go for a fresh juice.

The restaurant is welcoming, nice, small and quiet even if it's located near Piazza XXIV Maggio, a busy square near navigli. It is furnished with an indian theme althought the cousine is Italian.

The staff is very kind and nice and I've alywas loved both the way I was treated and the dishes the chef cooked. Ah don't forget to taste a dessert too, ask for what's available.

The restaurant is small, reservation is strongly suggested.

Pros: Nice atmosphere, Good food!, Gentle staff
Cons: May not be able to eat without reserv.
luca.gamma
luca.gamma

Very special

5 Posted on 07 / 25 / 2013

Good selection of food in a friendly environment with indoor and outdoor tables. The starting point for a romantic evening on the Navigli but... Remember to book in advance :)

Pros: Friendly staff, Cakes

AlessandroPalmesi
AlessandroPalmesi

Nice atmosphere and quality food

4 Posted on 05 / 16 / 2013

I've been there for a dinner and I found a very calm and quiet atmosphere, very paceful and friendly staff. I've ordered a very good algae salad, then a yummy lasagna with silken tofu and Trevisano chicory, then a sweety classic italian cake: tiramisù.
The restaurant is placed in a nice Place of Milan and they offers a wide choise of activities during the day.
It is not cheap but sometimes it's nice to go there in order to enjoy a special dinner.

Pros: quality food, atmosphere, friendly staff
Cons: Prices
LaraJames
LaraJames

Good vegan food in Milan

4 Posted on 04 / 11 / 2013

I've been there few months ago and I still remember it. I took my parents with me and although they are not vegetarian nor vegan, they did enjoyed all the food we had too.
Very tasty and very friendly staff too.
A nice place where to go in Milan!

rickwoodm
rickwoodm

Gem in the middle of Milan

5 Posted on 10 / 25 / 2012

I have come over from Australia on business a few times in the past year and always visit Mudra. The guys that work there are fantastic, they always remember me and we've struck up a friendship and often recommend each other documentaries. They have a real passion for what they cook. They have one of the most extensive menus I've seen in a Vegan restaurant, and I've tried and loved a lot of it. The restaurant itself can be a little hard to find. It's situated right in Navigli, but to find it you have to keep an eye out for a small sign for "Mudra Natural Cafe" when you get to the address. Once you find the sign there's a driveway/alley to walk down and the restaurant will be on your right hand side. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone, vegan or not.

Pros: Variety, Friendly Staff, Relaxed environment
Cons: Can be hard to find
ilaria1980
ilaria1980

brilliant food

5 Posted on 06 / 29 / 2012

thanks for great food and experience, it was all amazing.
All the best to these breave guys for opening such a fantast place in a city that can be quite difficult like Milan :)
Grazie mille e in bocca al lupo!

Pros: great food, nice atmosphere, good service
sklovesyou
sklovesyou

Yummi!

4 Posted on 11 / 19 / 2011

I went there last year for dinner with my omnivores relatives (one of them is a teen-ager, skeptical of healty and veg food) and we all found it tasty, refined but not pompous, healty...perfect!

There is a wide choice, also for the desserts, and the crew is really nice and interested in new recipes, dishes and ideas! I think that's an example of place where you can find the best of italian style, and now that i heard about the croissants i will definitely return this year my family!

Pros: Excellent food, Healty cuisine, Peaceful, calm
thewalrus
thewalrus

The quiet vegan restaurant

3 Posted on 08 / 30 / 2011

Good cuisine, yummy dessert, quiet and indian atmosphere but italian taste.

Pros: dessert, cuisine, atmosphere
Cons: location, price, parking
Beckle
Beckle

Fantastic Lunch

5 Posted on 07 / 03 / 2011

My partner and I had lunch here when staying in Milan. The owner is very friendly and it is a lovely restaurant.

I had the vegan of the day lunch which consisted of rice, Seiten with carrots and veg and a raddish dish for 9 euro's. The Seiten was lovely and the rice had some sea kelp in it which tasted divine. My partner had the club sandwich (5-6 euro) which is quiet large. My only complaint is that they didn't have croissants when were in town! But hey we had cake instead -YUM! :)

We felt portion sizes were good for the price and quality. Loved the decor and feel of this restaurant and the food is delicious, a must when in Milan - very impressed

Did not find it that hard to locate - Take tram 3 from Via Torino (near Duomo) get off at Piazza XXIV Maggio (about 6 minutes), turn right as you step off tram, walk right at traffic lights and it is about 300 metres down the road - the restaurant is in a small square just off the street, there should be a sign on the pavement advertising it. (we used the map in the Lonely Planet guide so cross referencing with that makes it easy)

Happy Cruelty Free Eating :)

Updated from previous review on Sunday July 03, 2011
Updated from previous review on Sunday July 03, 2011

Pros: ambience , Food Quality, Service
sierkson
sierkson

Tasty - but expensive

3 Posted on 04 / 07 / 2011

The food was very good. The menu was filled with new ideas. Thats 2 big pros.

But now theres a big con: I payed more than ten euro for a serving that didnt even come close to filling me up.

The service was excellent and very friendly by the way. He recommended a very good tea- and i dont use to drink tea. but i liked it ;)

P.S.: Its a little hard to find this place. So keep on searching - its hidden in a backyard!

Pros: tasty, fresh ideas, excellent service
Cons: bad value for money, hard to find
Alessandro
Alessandro

Pleasant atmosphere

5 Posted on 07 / 02 / 2010

Small place (four tables outside) with creative and delicious vegan dishes, salads and soups. Good selection of vegan cakes and desserts ("tiramisù" is a must!). Have an assortment of fruit and herbal teas. Reasonably priced and friendly staff.

Pros: excellent quality, friendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Mudra Natural Cafe: