Mud Pie Vegan Bakery and Co...

All-vegan bakery and coffeehouse, opened since Feb 2011. Offers fresh baked goods, gourmet coffee, and a small food menu. Gluten-free, soy-free, diabetic-friendly, and raw food options. An assortment of non-dairy milks ranging from soymilk to coconut, seed and nut varieties. Two floors of seating, free Wi-Fi. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, American, Bakery, Take-out
1615 W 39th St (State Line Rd)
Kansas City, Missouri 64111

vegnaturalista
vegnaturalista

I'm hooked!!

Posted on 07 / 09 / 2015

I love everything I have tried! I have been going to Mud Pie every week since my first visit. The coffees, iced coffees and the baked goods are wonderful!

Pros: wide variety of items... cookies, cupcakes, bars
Cons: the only bad thing i can say is, there's not much
DWNPhoto
DWNPhoto

Excellent Bakery

Posted on 06 / 22 / 2015

One of our favorite spots in Kansas City. Too bad it's really the ONLY option as we have had better in other locations across the country. Their breakfast choices on the weekend are good, and the partnership with FUD is helpful.

Pros: Only real option in KC, Consistently "good", Great local meet-up
Cons: Some things they make aren't the best., Updated interior shrunk room for line
Lurie530
Lurie530

Simple, yet fantastic all-vegan bakery!

Posted on 11 / 18 / 2014

I cannot say enough good things about Mud Pie.

I have been coming here ever since they opened and can't stress enough how amazing it is that an all-vegan bakery even exists in Kansas City. Amazing! First off, they have a great variety of non-dairy milks for use in coffee & tea drinks (hemp, oat, cashew, almond, soy, rice, coconut). My favorite bakery items include the Peanut Butter Rice Krispie treats, chocolate chip cookies, chai tea cupcakes, lemon blueberry cupcakes, & cheddar sausage scones.

They also do an excellent job on custom cakes, cupcake, and muffin orders! Reasonably priced too and free designs.

Really a must try if you're in Kansas City!
Updated from previous review on Tuesday November 18, 2014

Pros: Variety of Non-Dairy Milks, Hipster atmosophere, Friendly baristas
Cons: Parking

a woods
a woods

cool place to chill

Posted on 09 / 18 / 2013

delicious treats (all vegan/ many are gluten free!!!!!)and
good customer service and reasonably priced. almond milk alternative is refreshing for those limiting soy intake. my fave is the hot mexican chili chocolate with almond milk!

Pros: nice vibe, cool prices
John Kevin
John Kevin

Hipster Hangout

Posted on 09 / 25 / 2011

My friend and I tried two desserts, a cupcake and nut bar. They were good but not spectacular. With a little freshness, this place could be awesome. Great to have a vegan bakery in KC -- sit outdoors if the weather is nice and watch the hipsters pass by.

Pros: Location, Novelty
JenK6
JenK6

Basic done well

Posted on 09 / 05 / 2011

I only had some of the bakery items and overall they were good. Very basic but done well. I had a blueberry muffin that was really good, great for breakfast because it wasn't too sweet or heavy like I've found a lot of vegan muffins to be. I had a French Toast cupcake that was good, very moist and lightly sweet. I also had a zucchini bread that was delicious. I had a PB cookie that was a little too tough and chewy. I had a cinnamon roll which was my least favorite, it was a little dry and there was no icing! I don't know if they forgot it or if it was supposed to come like that.
Very friendly staff too.

Pros: Great breakfast items
alexsummer123
alexsummer123

Absolutely Fantastic!!!!

Posted on 07 / 20 / 2011

So far *almost* everything I tried has been fabulous! The gluten-free blueberry muffins, GF choc cupcakes, GF choc chip cookie, PB cookies, zucchini bread (to die for!) and mini oreo cupcake (only 75 cents!). I was so delighted to hear that oreos are vegan- I had no idea! The best part about this bakery is that EVERYthing is vegan! No need to double check like you do at other bakeries and coffeehouses that offer only a few vegan items. The only thing I didn't care for was the Nut-seedies bar (not sure if that is what it is called, but you'll know if you see the name what I'm talking about). It was pretty dry, crumbly, and flavorless. Maybe just a bad batch? Oh well- everything else I've had was fantastic! Unfortunately, they don't give much of a discount if you buy in bulk- which is a total bummer. However, if you just want one or two treats per week it is totally worth it and cheaper than store-bought vegan and GF goods that are not nearly as yummy!

Pros: yummy!, Very friendly staff!
Cons: A little too pricey for bulk orders.
VgnCupcake
VgnCupcake

Tastes naughty but is very nice!

Posted on 06 / 28 / 2011

Mud Pie is all vegan and has tons of choices and home-made desserts. I've had the Choco-Banana cupcake and the chocolate bundt cake. Both of which were moist and rich and VEGAN! The drinks are great and they make their own sunflower milk and cashew milk in house. So delish.

Pros: Tasty, Great location and space, resonably priced
Cons: NONE!

Dear Owner and Manager of Mud Pie Vegan Bakery and Coffeehouse: