Mud Pie Vegan Bakery and...

All-vegan bakery and coffeehouse, opened since Feb 2011. Offers fresh baked goods, gourmet coffee, and a small food menu. Gluten-free, soy-free, diabetic-friendly, and raw food options. An assortment of non-dairy milks ranging from soymilk to coconut, seed and nut varieties. Two floors of seating, free wi-fi. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, American, Bakery, Take-out
1615 W 39th St (State Line Rd)
Kansas City, Missouri 64111
816-931-4539?

Open Mon-Fri 6am-9pm, Sat 7am-9pm, Sun 8am-7pm.

First Review by VgnCupcake
a woods
a woods

cool place to chill

4 Posted on 09 / 18 / 2013

delicious treats (all vegan/ many are gluten free!!!!!)and
good customer service and reasonably priced. almond milk alternative is refreshing for those limiting soy intake. my fave is the hot mexican chili chocolate with almond milk!

Pros: nice vibe, cool prices
John Kevin
John Kevin

Hipster Hangout

4 Posted on 09 / 25 / 2011

My friend and I tried two desserts, a cupcake and nut bar. They were good but not spectacular. With a little freshness, this place could be awesome. Great to have a vegan bakery in KC -- sit outdoors if the weather is nice and watch the hipsters pass by.

Pros: Location, Novelty
JenK6
JenK6

Basic done well

4 Posted on 09 / 05 / 2011

I only had some of the bakery items and overall they were good. Very basic but done well. I had a blueberry muffin that was really good, great for breakfast because it wasn't too sweet or heavy like I've found a lot of vegan muffins to be. I had a French Toast cupcake that was good, very moist and lightly sweet. I also had a zucchini bread that was delicious. I had a PB cookie that was a little too tough and chewy. I had a cinnamon roll which was my least favorite, it was a little dry and there was no icing! I don't know if they forgot it or if it was supposed to come like that.
Very friendly staff too.

Pros: Great breakfast items
alexsummer123
alexsummer123

Absolutely Fantastic!!!!

5 Posted on 07 / 20 / 2011

So far *almost* everything I tried has been fabulous! The gluten-free blueberry muffins, GF choc cupcakes, GF choc chip cookie, PB cookies, zucchini bread (to die for!) and mini oreo cupcake (only 75 cents!). I was so delighted to hear that oreos are vegan- I had no idea! The best part about this bakery is that EVERYthing is vegan! No need to double check like you do at other bakeries and coffeehouses that offer only a few vegan items. The only thing I didn't care for was the Nut-seedies bar (not sure if that is what it is called, but you'll know if you see the name what I'm talking about). It was pretty dry, crumbly, and flavorless. Maybe just a bad batch? Oh well- everything else I've had was fantastic! Unfortunately, they don't give much of a discount if you buy in bulk- which is a total bummer. However, if you just want one or two treats per week it is totally worth it and cheaper than store-bought vegan and GF goods that are not nearly as yummy!

Pros: yummy!, Very friendly staff!
Cons: A little too pricey for bulk orders.
VgnCupcake
VgnCupcake

Tastes naughty but is very nice!

5 Posted on 06 / 28 / 2011

Mud Pie is all vegan and has tons of choices and home-made desserts. I've had the Choco-Banana cupcake and the chocolate bundt cake. Both of which were moist and rich and VEGAN! The drinks are great and they make their own sunflower milk and cashew milk in house. So delish.

Pros: Tasty, Great location and space, resonably priced
Cons: NONE!

Dear Owner and Manager of Mud Pie Vegan Bakery and Coffeehouse: