Serves meat, veg options available. Menu changes seasonally, and several mains and appetizers can be prepared vegan upon request. Main entrees comes with brown rice, jasmine rice, or noodle and are topped with vegetable and sauce. Uses some organic ingredients, recycles waste, and purchase renewable energy. Pine tables and chairs and sparse decor on warmly painted walls create a cozy atmosphere. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, Organic, Beer/Wine, Asian, Chinese, Non-veg

stevenp
stevenp

Excellent Flavors

Posted on 08 / 14 / 2012

The creative cuisine has heaps of vegetarian and vegan options to satisfy anyone. The quality of ingredients and food is top notch. Mu knows how to create a menu and atmosphere that is friendly, fun and full of perfect flavors,
If you eat fish, there is always some great salmon options.

Pros: Excellent Food, Fresh, Good Value
Cons: None, None, None
Dazzle59
Dazzle59

Great for a special occasion!

Posted on 02 / 07 / 2012

My partner and I go to Mu Du Noodles on a special occasion, like a birthday. Yes it's pricey, but it's hard to find a vegan meal in Santa Fe (trust me - I've lived here 13 years), so I am happy to pay a little extra. I am addicted to the daikon cakes (made vegan) and Chinese long bean appetizer (in season). I always get the Yaki Udon entree (made vegan with tofu) which is terrific if you enjoy spicy food. Sadly, the green curry can no longer be made vegan because the curry paste now contains shrimp. (Mu, if you are reading this, please give us the vegan option back!) For dessert, don't miss the ginger coconut sorbet dessert, which is vegan and truly delicious.

jbgreene28
jbgreene28

delicious

Posted on 11 / 08 / 2010

We had fabulous service. They even provided us with a free taste of their vegan coconut-ginger sorbet. The daikon cakes were out of this world. food is a bit too oily, but delicious. The prices were high, but not outrageous for a nice meal out.. my boyfriend left very satisfied and he eats a ton of food.

Pros: taste, unique menu
Cons: oily

LaurieAdrienne
LaurieAdrienne

Tasty, but quite overpriced

Posted on 10 / 14 / 2010

Although my husband and I thought the food at Mu Du Noodles was tasty, we were quite taken aback at the price tag attached to it.

My husband had a brown rice and fresh spinach stir-fry with tofu. The seasoning were good. But it cost $13. This was for a (relatively small) bowl of brown rice and spinach with some tofu in it.

I had a (relatively small) bowl of vermicelli with some vegetables, tofu, and a curry sauce. It was good. Cost? $16.

Would I go back? No. Not unless they knock about $5 off the cost of an entree. The food was good, but not THAT good.

The service was rather lackluster. Not awful, but not warm, friendly, or attentive. At these prices, I'd expect the service to be top-notch.

Pros: Fresh, Well-prepared, Seasoned well
Cons: Extremely overpriced, So-so service
vegan4theloveofitall
vegan4theloveofitall

We were happy to find vegan options!

Posted on 05 / 27 / 2010

Vegan restaurant fare is difficult to find in Santa Fe. We were happy to find a restaurant that offered more than one vegan entrée. This restaurant has several dishes that can be prepared vegan. We ordered the Vietnamese Spring Rolls (vegan style) for the appetizer. My husband had the Emerald Saute prepared "vegan style" - organic tofu, green tea noodles, spinach, shitake mushrooms, local and seasonal vegetables with crispy shallots. I had Jade Brown Rice (vegan style) - organic tofu, brown rice, spinach, broccoli, cilantro, pistachios. Both dishes were scrumptious! Then, we couldn't resist ordering a homemade frozen dessert. My husband enjoyed the vegetarian salted caramel ice cream, and I had an unbelievably kreamy vegan coconut-ginger sorbet -- yummy! The service was friendly, efficient, and prompt. You will definitely want to stop here for a meal (or two!) while in Santa Fe.

Pros: vegan options, tasty food, friendly, efficient staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Mu Du Noodles: