Mostly a takeout place with 20 tables for seating. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Organic, American, Juice bar, Take-out
1809 S. Main St
Akron, Ohio 44301
330-819-3834

Open Mon-Fri 8am-7pm, Sat 9pm-5pm, closed Sun.

First Review by moonwomyn13
ConchHiss
ConchHiss

Ms. Julie's Kitchen

5 Posted on 09 / 05 / 2014

I just started eating here during the summer of 2014 and wish I would have gone sooner. Hemppatty sandwiches are great. Black bean and falafel pitas seem to be a mainstay. Love the sloppy mac n cheese. I enjoy all the gluten free breads and cookies. The Plant Kingdom Bakery also operates out of her kitchen, and their hemp seed snack bars are so delicious. Most dishes are 7-$9.00 each and snacks are 2-$4.00. They grow their own organic produce on urban farm lots in the Akron area.

Pros: Delicious, fresh and fast, Reasonable pricing, Great community resourcing
Debra Winter
Debra Winter

Wonderful food

5 Posted on 07 / 14 / 2014

We stopped while traveling through Akron. The food was amazing. We had the Cheesy kale bake and the mock tuna sandwich. The ladies at the restaurant were so friendly and kind. They made us feel very comfortable. It is a very relaxed atmosphere which I really like. If I'm in Akron again, I will definitely return.

Il0veyouAlexis
Il0veyouAlexis

Yummy in my tummy!

4 Posted on 01 / 06 / 2014

My boyfriend and I went this evening. I am vegetarian, while he prefers meat. All in all, I was taken back by this restaurant. It's VERY low key. You walk in, there's the owner right there greeting you. There's a black board with what you can pick from, no menu was given. No drinks were given either. You just pick one up from the fridge. You also pick up your own silverware and napkin. There's not only food to be served, there's lots of things sold such as cookies, hemp, other vegan items. Which was pretty interesting.
Now the food!
My boyfriend bought the hempatty, while I bought the felafle . I really enjoyed the hempatty, but did not like the felafle.
I can't wait to come back and try more.
Very interesting place, people, and atmosphere!
Check it out if you get the chance!

Pros: All vegan, Inexpensive, Other products for sale
Cons: Not served, Uncomfortable (for those new people), No menu

divancic
divancic

Fabulous!

5 Posted on 03 / 04 / 2013

This restaurant is fabulous! When you walk in you are greeted by a friendly staff in a very homey atmosphere. The food is delicious. I had a spicy black bean burger which was full of flavor. My husband enjoyed his falafel sandwich and our friend said the 13 bean chili was really good. Also sold at the restaurant are homemade vegan treats, like brownies, energy bars, breads, etc. Everything we tried was delicious. The prices are comparable to that of a non vegan restaurant--not cheap but not expensive. The only complaint I have is they use honey (which i do not consider vegan) in some of their treats and I didn't know this until after I ate one. I'm really not complaining tho because the ingredients are labeled on everything and I simply failed to read the label. I definitely recommend this restaurant to everyone.

Pros: Delicious Food, Friendly Staff, Homey Environment
Cons: Uses Honey In Treats
Kolange
Kolange
  • non-vegetarian

Vegan fare non vegans will love....

5 Posted on 01 / 29 / 2013

I am neither vegan nor vegetarian.......but I love this joint.....I have eaten in the restaurant twice and have gotten take out once.....The food is delicious......the stuffed peppers, Not Rib sandwich and collard greens are so so so good!!! The chocolate chip cookie...not so great....I will be back and I will bring friends with me......good good food except for the cookie :-)

Pros: Good Food, Good Portions, Quaint / Cute Aptmosphere
Brew99
Brew99

It's Vegan but....

2 Posted on 06 / 04 / 2012

Been waiting to test out this restaurant for ages after reading a few good reviews. Everything is supposed to be local, fresh and organic. A few options are gluten-free but you have to ask. There are a about 5 options for entrees. We ordered one sandwich and it was terrible. We have been vegan for two years now and it was the worst "vegan" sandwich. It was pasty and not at all good. I didn't eat my half of the sandwich and left all the homemade sauce. There were a lot of older restaurant customers so I assume since the meals are very bland, the older generations will enjoy more than younger ones. There was also just one employee and she didn't seem to be pleased to have customers. Maybe it was just the day but I can honestly say it was very uncomfortable to dine in (which I'm assuming you can't dine out since we weren't given an option even though we wanted to dine out). Would have given 1 cow if possible.

Pros: Vegan, Local Produce, Available
Cons: EXPENSIVE!!!!, Not welcoming or comfortable, Bland Tasting Food
RoyT
RoyT

Wish I lived closer!

5 Posted on 04 / 07 / 2012

Was traveling through the Akron, OH area and found Ms. Julie's Kitchen on the Happy Cow iPhone app. What a pleasant surprise! The food was wonderful (had the stuffed cabbage). There are no vegan restaurants within in a 50 mile radius of where I live. I wish there was a 'Ms. Julie's Kitchen' near by. My highest recommendation to anyone looking for vegan food in the Akron, OH area.

Pros: Great food, Wonderful staff
bigbunny
bigbunny

Best hippy food hangout in Akron!

5 Posted on 02 / 02 / 2012

Always fresh & fabulous, Miss Julie does vegan well! Not one for using anything processed, it's almost always whole food freshly made. Menu changes daily. Shops locally & sources responsibly. Not only good cooked food but also raw treats, locally produced baked good, seasonal & local items to take home and KALE CHIPS! :-) Responsible in the community, co-hosts film nights with The Akron Peace Project and knows her stuff about both vegan & raw foods eating. Talk to her!

Pros: Fresh, Ethical, Friendly
Cons: Not a massive place, Varying hours
veggiefox
veggiefox

pretty good

4 Posted on 11 / 14 / 2011

Pretty good stuff. In cities with several vegan eateries, this place might not cut it, but in Akron, it's probably the best available. I had a burger, which was a bit burnt, but still not bad. I had a cookie, which was very good.

moonwomyn13
moonwomyn13

Simple, healthy, "hippy" food. Yum!

4 Posted on 07 / 19 / 2011

I have only eaten at Ms. Julie's once, but I will go again next time I am in the Akron area. The food is simple, but tasty and nutritious. Most dishes are vegan, save for the grilled raw cheese sandwich and the few items containing honey.

I had the edamame burger and a taste of the lasagna. Very nice. I also enjoyed the selection of raw crackers, roasted hemp seeds, salads, and other snacks. The "ham" salad, made from juicing pulp, is really refreshing and delicious with some raw crackers. The home made spicy kale chips are fabulous, although in need of a little saltiness.

Ms. Julie's food left me satisfied, yet not too full.

Pros: tasty, feels healthy

Dear Owner and Manager of Ms. Julie's Kitchen: