Cupcake cafe. The Ms. Cupcake character is a 1950s housewife with a dream to bring vegan cakes, brownies, cookies, tray-bakes, loaf to the masses. Makes both savory and sweet baked goods. Hosts baking and cake decorating classes. more-less

First Review by SaraVegan
Chris W
Chris W

Love this place!

5 Posted on 06 / 27 / 2014

Amazing cupcakes, but also all sorts of other cakes, biscuits and savouries. I love the fact that Ms Cupcake dispels the myth that vegan food can't sometimes be a bit decadent. The 50's style shop looks great - and the staff are always cheerful and friendly.

London is so lucky to have this place!

Pros: Amazing cakes and savouries, Lovely staff, Store looks great
Cons: Don't serve coffee
Fruchtfledermaus05
Fruchtfledermaus05

CAKE!

4 Posted on 06 / 08 / 2014

I am sure that when your average omnivore is offered a vegan cake, they envision a sad, dry little square comprised mainly of carrot and bird seed, which tastes a little like something you'd give your hamster to keep their teeth in good shape. Every person who immediately wrinkles their nose and experiences a sinking feeling when they hear the word "vegan" should be directed to this shop! Deliciously indulgent freshly baked cakes and cookies,as well as loads of chocolate bars and sweeties on offer! I bought a box of 12 cupcakes to my friend's hen do, didn't mention they were vegan and everyone raved about them!
Only thing I'd say is that I'd prefer the icing/cake ratio to be tipped a bit more in cake's favour, as I found the icing a wee bit sickly, but that's just personal taste, and the massive swirls of icing do make the cakes look very pretty...

Pros: really tasty treats, loads of choice
Cons: increased risk of diabetes
KeelyEvilpea
KeelyEvilpea

Awful staff

1 Posted on 08 / 28 / 2013

Terrible staff. So rude and unpleasant. The outside is seriously grubby. Really doesn't live now where near up to the hype. It was just a run down tiny shop, which was grubby with rude staff and average cupcakes.

Pros: None
Cons: Staff, Grubby, Rude
  • J-Veg J-Veg

That's sad that you had a bad experience but when I popped in a couple of days ago the staff were really friendly! Maybe you were just unlucky.

• Ms. Cupcake Ms. Cupcake

Dear KeelyEvilpea

I'm terribly sorry you didn't have a positive experience at Ms. Cupcake. We are indeed a very small shop and in a less than 'polished' part of London. However, I am really sad to hear that you didn't receive the kind of customer service you were hoping to have.

It would be really helpful for us as a company if you could email us directly with any feedback you have about ways we could improve our service.

We take customer service very seriously at Ms. Cupcake and we've obviously let you down and I feel horrible about that.

Please get in touch at info@mscupcake.co.uk and hopefully you will give us another chance in the future.

All the best
    Ms. Cupcake

KatieBatty
KatieBatty

Good cupcakes

4 Posted on 08 / 21 / 2013

These are fantastic cupcakes - the Ferrero Rocher is the best. Unfortunately one of the staff members serving was very spacey - messed up our order, didn't think we could have ketchup (another staff member got us some) and just seemed weird generally. Also my partner's sausage roll had a strange bitter taste. Mine was fine but something was weird about his. Overall great place though, sell great vegan products too

Pros: Cupcakes
Cons: Staff
Shockingfish
Shockingfish

The London home of vegan cupcakes

5 Posted on 08 / 18 / 2013

What? you haven't been to Ms Cupcake? You live in London and you haven't been - then why are you wasting time reading this review when you could be enjoying some of the finest vegan treats the world has ever seen. It's not just the cupcakes but all the other stuff which is sold, such as the well stocked freezers; stuffed with a who range of vegan ice creams and other frozen treats. There is also a huge range of chocolates and snacks to try as well. Go! just go, you'll thank me later. The staff are wonderful too :)

Pros: Filled with every sort of vegan treat, cupcakes and cakes, Fantastic staff
Cons: if you're on a diet; best avoid.

Nikki1801
Nikki1801

Who said vegans have to miss out!?

5 Posted on 02 / 07 / 2013

Well, Ms.Cupcake is certainly worth a trip over to Brixton.
I can't manage a whole cupcake in one sitting, so I have half then and keep half for later =D

Lovely shop, friendly (patient) staff waiting ages whilst I decided! Lots of other little treats and snack to buy also.

I tried their choc orange cupcake at vegan food fest in Wolverhampton and that was my favourite by far. I also got to try lemon & coffee ones for free at a Sea Shepherd charity event, so thank you for that! I certainly will allow time to come back to you guys next time I'm in town!

Pros: delicious, big!, many flavours
Veirs
Veirs

Yum!

4 Posted on 08 / 30 / 2012

This place is great and the staff are so nice. It really makes a difference when the people working somewhere are so passionate and happy about the food they are serving. And everything is vegan, amazing! I recommend the ferrero rocher cupcake, unreal!

Pros: lovely food, nice staff, central
Cons: sickeningly sweet
MuK-UK
MuK-UK

Oh yes.

4 Posted on 07 / 06 / 2012

I'm glad I live nowhere near this place, or I would become obese in weeks. The cakes are wonderful although I warn you the cupcakes icing is very sweet, the staff are pleasant, and the shop is worth visiting alone. They also have had several gluten free cakes on the times I have been.

Pros: Not just cupcakes., Gluten free options., Great shop, friendly staff.
Cons: Very sweet icing on cupcakes.
SojaEichhoernchen
SojaEichhoernchen

sugar in my head

5 Posted on 06 / 27 / 2012

Ms. Cupcake makes the best vegan Cupcakes in town.
After a hard working day get a cupcake and enjoy a cookie.

Ms. Cupcake is a very friendly person and really takes her time for every one that comes around.

Besides the cupcakes, she also offers some other candies and (cooking & baking) books you can buy there.

Pros: Very nice service, High variety , Candy!
Cons: Veeery sweet and high in sugar
teaboy
teaboy

Too close for comfort

5 Posted on 11 / 15 / 2011

With cakes this delicious only minutes from my flat, I am in grave danger of needing new clothes before long.

Pros: Assortment of flavours, Friendly staff, Just plain delicious
Cons: Obesity is a very real prospect
VeganD
VeganD

The Cup Cake destination

5 Posted on 07 / 19 / 2011

Don't hesitate to go. The whole shop is an 'event' in itself. There's no other cupcake shop like it.

Pros: Great food, Great Staff
Cons: None that I've seen yet.
estefinparis
estefinparis

Worth the tube ride to Brixton

5 Posted on 07 / 18 / 2011

Ms. Cupcake's store is beautiful and full of very tempting treats. The cupcakes are delicious but unless you are used to large quantities of sugar, I find half a cupcake is the absolute maximum I can tolerate. Lots of different options (lemon curd, moccacino, cookies & cream, raspberry, ferrero rocher, triple chocolate, peanut and chocolate...) with one thing in common: they are all extremely sweet. The place is really cute and is well worth a visit - you can even see the staff busy in baking action if you're lucky!

bradderslondon
bradderslondon

Excellent Cupcakes for Everyone

5 Posted on 04 / 13 / 2011

Not only were cakes available but there was a fridge of lemon curd and desert pots, three different types of scone, cookies aplenty, cookie sandwiches and marshmallows. On top of that there's accessories available from cake cases, mini bake sets, lunch boxes and the usual cup-a-cakes to recipe books, aprons, mugs and t-shirts. The decor is simple, clean, and almost exactly what I and so many had in mind. Perfect 1950s American but polished for our decade.

There are benches and tables outside the shop and the cafe next door that are shared so you can get a cake or a scone from Ms Cupcake, a tea or coffee with soya from Rosie's and a and sit and enjoy them together.

The cakes themselves come in a wide range of flavours with my favorites being rocher (tastes like the Ferrero Rocher chocolates) and lemon drop. Both of them are perfect with a nice cuppa. The cake is soft, light, rich and moist (a miracle of flavours and textures), the frosting is always a treat for the eyes that's matched by it's taste. There's usually a selection of gluten free cakes available too.

While it's in Brixton it's pretty easy to get to from anywhere, only 8 mins from central London by tube or about 10 mins by train and there's a wide range of buses going through and stopping nearby.

She's hoping to sell a range of savories too as she gets established

Pros: tasty, 100% vegan, some gluten free
JohnnySensible
JohnnySensible

• herbivore

Opens Friday April 1st -

5 Posted on 03 / 30 / 2011

This is a pre-review - sent in from Hong Kong - I will delete it once real visitor's reviews start to appear.

Ms. Cupcake at 408 Coldharbour Lane will be excellent - I know - I am psychic!

See -

Coldharbour Lane will be the new 'vegan frontline'!

CeriCow
CeriCow

Vegan yummyness

5 Posted on 11 / 15 / 2010

I visited the stall at the Tea Rooms in Brick Lane. I'm not a massive fan of sweet and chocolaty stuff anyway but the cupcakes we had were VERY nice - and it was the first time I'd experienced the ferrero rocher taste since becoming vegan!

She is also planning to open a shop in the near future - bring it on! :)

Pros: yum, inexpensive
aspascia
aspascia

The best cupcakes in London!

5 Posted on 07 / 17 / 2010

I stumbled upon Ms. Cupcake by chance one day at Greenwich Market. I have since been making weekly trips to her stall to stock up for each weekend! Whomever said vegans have to miss out on tasty treats has never met Ms. C. Her cakes are wonderfully moist and tasty, and come in the most inventive and delectable flavours! I have fed them to non-vegans, and not one of them has been able to tell the difference between these and any other gourmet cupcakes. Ms. Cupcake herself is a lovely 1950's housewife who is clearly passionate about what she does. I am totally addicted to Ms. C and her wares, and I'm thoroughly enjoying working my way through her huge, and ever growing, range of delicious cakes.

Pros: Great value for money, Excellent quality
Cons: It's always difficult to choose!
SaraVegan
SaraVegan

The best Vegan Cupcakes in London!!

5 Posted on 07 / 17 / 2010

I love Ms. Cupcake and her sweets!!
you can find her at the tea room in brick lane or greenwich!

Dear Owner and Manager of Ms. Cupcake: