Cupcake cafe. The Ms. Cupcake character is a 1950s housewife with a dream to bring vegan cakes, brownies, cookies, tray-bakes, loaf to the masses. Makes both savory and sweet baked goods as well sandwiches and other snacks. Hosts baking and cake decorating classes. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Bakery, Western, Take-out

strawberrydoll
strawberrydoll

Fantabulous

Posted on 06 / 12 / 2015

As soon as you enter you'll be enticed by the sweet aroma of this bakery and its absolutely amazing staff. There are so many sweet options and there is almost always a chef making something new on your right so you know everything is fresh. I ordered 4 cupcakes and tea and they were better than any cupcakes I've ever had, vegan or otherwise.
If you're in London then this is definitely the place to go to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Sells a bunch of refrigerated vegan snacks too.

Pros: Amazing sweets and atmosphere, Lovely staff
Cons: Not in the nicest part of London
JacquiCycles
JacquiCycles

Sweet Sweet Sweet

Posted on 05 / 22 / 2015

I love this place and its out and proud vegan-ness. Whenever I pass by I get cakes for the children and a cookie or too - They also have a range of confectionary and some vegan ice-cream if you are lucky. You can order cakes for special occasions here to. The cook book is heavenly. Great to see a vegan business do so well. Cakes now available in Wholefoods too I think.

Pros: Local, Lots of choice, Fun
konlish
konlish

Sweet tooth heaven!

Posted on 04 / 06 / 2015

Too many options. We tried two cupcakes, unfortunately as this was in Jan 2014, I do not remember which ones. I think one was a coffee one.

We also had their sandwiches which were really nice.

Pros: Lots of options, Sweet took heaven
Cons: No inner seating.

jennyc32
jennyc32

Delicious vegan treats!

Posted on 03 / 09 / 2015

I had a few Ms Cupcake treats at festivals and made some things from the recipe book before finally making it to London for a visit. The counter in the shop is so tempting, it's hard to limit yourself to just one! All the cakes I've tried have been good: the texture is just right, and they are piled high with creamy icing. The Ferrero Rocher is probably my favourite, but I can't complain about any. I'm looking forward to my next trip to London just so I can have another sample!

Eugene Nyunt.
Eugene Nyunt.

No need to relax, 100 % natural

Posted on 03 / 01 / 2015

A delight on the eyes, I'd eat these treats like a pig snuffling around for truffle. An absolutely fantastic place, cruelty-free, (i.e. vegan) cute looking cupcakes, a very nice-beautiful-overwhelmingly female team, I'm also fond of their delicious cookie sandwiches. A very pleasant shopping experience with an extensive range of vegan bars, vegan chocolates, and intelligent reading matter on the shelves next to the entrance - a short run away from the Brixton Ritzy in my favourite part of London, my native south London. All the sales team are genuinely charming. None of them are ugly, supremacist, yobs who work for Mind in Haringey as its "wellbeing manager".

Pros: Delicious, Sweet, Heavenly
Cons: I need to live back in south London
ColletteFarnol
ColletteFarnol

Yummy cupcakes and more... :)

Posted on 02 / 26 / 2015

Went here for my valentines cupcakes to buy my fiance, had to travel an hour but was well worth it. I got 4 cupcakes for £10. I got oreo, peanut butter, red velvet and pink champagne cupcakes. My mum got a lemon-earl grey cupcake and I picked up a couple of vegan wagonwheels too :) All were very delicious and moist with a perfect amount of buttercream. I would have liked to have got a coffee and sat down after my travels but there was only tea and a couple of seats outside (was icy cold out) I would defo go again to pick up a box of cupcakes, just wish it wasnt on the other side of London to me :(

Pros: Delicious cupcakes, Good prices, Also stock vegan wagonwheels/ mars bars
Cons: A few things bit pricey, Don't do coffee, No seating areas
sXe_22
sXe_22

A must-go in London

Posted on 01 / 18 / 2015

I visited this place several times, but always forgot to review it. Ms Cupcake is a benchmark for every vegan glutton and definitely unmissable! the wide choice of treats will make your pick harder, but everything will be extremely satisfying and make your day surely sweeter. And if you can't go there, they come to you: they do home delivery in UK!

Jayneisastarr
Jayneisastarr

Vegan Sweet-tooth Heaven

Posted on 01 / 01 / 2015

Ms Cupcake is an absolute dream. Never have vegans had such a vast selection of cupcakes which are delicious and look so amazing! I find it impossible to leave here without walking out with at least a half dozen cupcakes. There is also some delicious finds in the freezer - I had a salted caramel icecream pudding the other day which was decadent! This is the kind of location that is worthy of travelling to even if not living in the local area.

Pros: Huge selection, All vegan, Convenient to underground
Littlething
Littlething

Extremely tasty cupcakes!

Posted on 09 / 10 / 2014

I visited Ms. Cupcake during my one-week trip to London with my (non-vegan) boyfriend and we both loved it! We tried the Ferrero Rocher, Mint Chocolate, Carrot Cake and Vanilla Cupcakes and they were all delicious. The staff was friendly, there was a great variety of flavors to choose from and the shop looks very cute as well.

I most definitely recommend this to anyone who visits London and I will definitely return!

Pros: Tasty cupcakes, friendly staff, cute shop
Chris W
Chris W

Love this place!

Posted on 06 / 27 / 2014

Amazing cupcakes, but also all sorts of other cakes, biscuits and savouries. I love the fact that Ms Cupcake dispels the myth that vegan food can't sometimes be a bit decadent. The 50's style shop looks great - and the staff are always cheerful and friendly.

London is so lucky to have this place!

Pros: Amazing cakes and savouries, Lovely staff, Store looks great
Cons: Don't serve coffee
Fruchtfledermaus05
Fruchtfledermaus05

CAKE!

Posted on 06 / 08 / 2014

I am sure that when your average omnivore is offered a vegan cake, they envision a sad, dry little square comprised mainly of carrot and bird seed, which tastes a little like something you'd give your hamster to keep their teeth in good shape. Every person who immediately wrinkles their nose and experiences a sinking feeling when they hear the word "vegan" should be directed to this shop! Deliciously indulgent freshly baked cakes and cookies,as well as loads of chocolate bars and sweeties on offer! I bought a box of 12 cupcakes to my friend's hen do, didn't mention they were vegan and everyone raved about them!
Only thing I'd say is that I'd prefer the icing/cake ratio to be tipped a bit more in cake's favour, as I found the icing a wee bit sickly, but that's just personal taste, and the massive swirls of icing do make the cakes look very pretty...

Pros: really tasty treats, loads of choice
Cons: increased risk of diabetes
KeelyEvilpea
KeelyEvilpea

Awful staff

Posted on 08 / 28 / 2013

Terrible staff. So rude and unpleasant. The outside is seriously grubby. Really doesn't live now where near up to the hype. It was just a run down tiny shop, which was grubby with rude staff and average cupcakes.

Pros: None
Cons: Staff, Grubby, Rude
  • Ms. Cupcake Ms. Cupcake

Dear KeelyEvilpea

I'm terribly sorry you didn't have a positive experience at Ms. Cupcake. We are indeed a very small shop and in a less than 'polished' part of London. However, I am really sad to hear that you didn't receive the kind of customer service you were hoping to have.

It would be really helpful for us as a company if you could email us directly with any feedback you have about ways we could improve our service.

We take customer service very seriously at Ms. Cupcake and we've obviously let you down and I feel horrible about that.

Please get in touch at info@mscupcake.co.uk and hopefully you will give us another chance in the future.

All the best
    Ms. Cupcake

• J-Veg J-Veg

That's sad that you had a bad experience but when I popped in a couple of days ago the staff were really friendly! Maybe you were just unlucky.

KatieBatty
KatieBatty

Good cupcakes

Posted on 08 / 21 / 2013

These are fantastic cupcakes - the Ferrero Rocher is the best. Unfortunately one of the staff members serving was very spacey - messed up our order, didn't think we could have ketchup (another staff member got us some) and just seemed weird generally. Also my partner's sausage roll had a strange bitter taste. Mine was fine but something was weird about his. Overall great place though, sell great vegan products too

Pros: Cupcakes
Cons: Staff
Shockingfish
Shockingfish

The London home of vegan cupcakes

Posted on 08 / 18 / 2013

What? you haven't been to Ms Cupcake? You live in London and you haven't been - then why are you wasting time reading this review when you could be enjoying some of the finest vegan treats the world has ever seen. It's not just the cupcakes but all the other stuff which is sold, such as the well stocked freezers; stuffed with a who range of vegan ice creams and other frozen treats. There is also a huge range of chocolates and snacks to try as well. Go! just go, you'll thank me later. The staff are wonderful too :)

Pros: Filled with every sort of vegan treat, cupcakes and cakes, Fantastic staff
Cons: if you're on a diet; best avoid.
Nikki1801
Nikki1801

Who said vegans have to miss out!?

Posted on 02 / 07 / 2013

Well, Ms.Cupcake is certainly worth a trip over to Brixton.
I can't manage a whole cupcake in one sitting, so I have half then and keep half for later =D

Lovely shop, friendly (patient) staff waiting ages whilst I decided! Lots of other little treats and snack to buy also.

I tried their choc orange cupcake at vegan food fest in Wolverhampton and that was my favourite by far. I also got to try lemon & coffee ones for free at a Sea Shepherd charity event, so thank you for that! I certainly will allow time to come back to you guys next time I'm in town!

Pros: delicious, big!, many flavours
Veirs
Veirs

Yum!

Posted on 08 / 30 / 2012

This place is great and the staff are so nice. It really makes a difference when the people working somewhere are so passionate and happy about the food they are serving. And everything is vegan, amazing! I recommend the ferrero rocher cupcake, unreal!

Pros: lovely food, nice staff, central
Cons: sickeningly sweet
MuK-UK
MuK-UK

Oh yes.

Posted on 07 / 06 / 2012

I'm glad I live nowhere near this place, or I would become obese in weeks. The cakes are wonderful although I warn you the cupcakes icing is very sweet, the staff are pleasant, and the shop is worth visiting alone. They also have had several gluten free cakes on the times I have been.

Pros: Not just cupcakes., Gluten free options., Great shop, friendly staff.
Cons: Very sweet icing on cupcakes.
SojaEichhoernchen
SojaEichhoernchen

sugar in my head

Posted on 06 / 27 / 2012

Ms. Cupcake makes the best vegan Cupcakes in town.
After a hard working day get a cupcake and enjoy a cookie.

Ms. Cupcake is a very friendly person and really takes her time for every one that comes around.

Besides the cupcakes, she also offers some other candies and (cooking & baking) books you can buy there.

Pros: Very nice service, High variety , Candy!
Cons: Veeery sweet and high in sugar
teaboy
teaboy

Too close for comfort

Posted on 11 / 15 / 2011

With cakes this delicious only minutes from my flat, I am in grave danger of needing new clothes before long.

Pros: Assortment of flavours, Friendly staff, Just plain delicious
Cons: Obesity is a very real prospect
VeganD
VeganD

The Cup Cake destination

Posted on 07 / 19 / 2011

Don't hesitate to go. The whole shop is an 'event' in itself. There's no other cupcake shop like it.

Pros: Great food, Great Staff
Cons: None that I've seen yet.
estefinparis
estefinparis

Worth the tube ride to Brixton

Posted on 07 / 18 / 2011

Ms. Cupcake's store is beautiful and full of very tempting treats. The cupcakes are delicious but unless you are used to large quantities of sugar, I find half a cupcake is the absolute maximum I can tolerate. Lots of different options (lemon curd, moccacino, cookies & cream, raspberry, ferrero rocher, triple chocolate, peanut and chocolate...) with one thing in common: they are all extremely sweet. The place is really cute and is well worth a visit - you can even see the staff busy in baking action if you're lucky!

bradderslondon
bradderslondon

Excellent Cupcakes for Everyone

Posted on 04 / 13 / 2011

Not only were cakes available but there was a fridge of lemon curd and desert pots, three different types of scone, cookies aplenty, cookie sandwiches and marshmallows. On top of that there's accessories available from cake cases, mini bake sets, lunch boxes and the usual cup-a-cakes to recipe books, aprons, mugs and t-shirts. The decor is simple, clean, and almost exactly what I and so many had in mind. Perfect 1950s American but polished for our decade.

There are benches and tables outside the shop and the cafe next door that are shared so you can get a cake or a scone from Ms Cupcake, a tea or coffee with soya from Rosie's and a and sit and enjoy them together.

The cakes themselves come in a wide range of flavours with my favorites being rocher (tastes like the Ferrero Rocher chocolates) and lemon drop. Both of them are perfect with a nice cuppa. The cake is soft, light, rich and moist (a miracle of flavours and textures), the frosting is always a treat for the eyes that's matched by it's taste. There's usually a selection of gluten free cakes available too.

While it's in Brixton it's pretty easy to get to from anywhere, only 8 mins from central London by tube or about 10 mins by train and there's a wide range of buses going through and stopping nearby.

She's hoping to sell a range of savories too as she gets established

Pros: tasty, 100% vegan, some gluten free
JohnnySensible
JohnnySensible
  • herbivore

Opens Friday April 1st -

Posted on 03 / 30 / 2011

This is a pre-review - sent in from Hong Kong - I will delete it once real visitor's reviews start to appear.

Ms. Cupcake at 408 Coldharbour Lane will be excellent - I know - I am psychic!

See -

Coldharbour Lane will be the new 'vegan frontline'!

CeriCow
CeriCow

Vegan yummyness

Posted on 11 / 15 / 2010

I visited the stall at the Tea Rooms in Brick Lane. I'm not a massive fan of sweet and chocolaty stuff anyway but the cupcakes we had were VERY nice - and it was the first time I'd experienced the ferrero rocher taste since becoming vegan!

She is also planning to open a shop in the near future - bring it on! :)

Pros: yum, inexpensive
aspascia
aspascia

The best cupcakes in London!

Posted on 07 / 17 / 2010

I stumbled upon Ms. Cupcake by chance one day at Greenwich Market. I have since been making weekly trips to her stall to stock up for each weekend! Whomever said vegans have to miss out on tasty treats has never met Ms. C. Her cakes are wonderfully moist and tasty, and come in the most inventive and delectable flavours! I have fed them to non-vegans, and not one of them has been able to tell the difference between these and any other gourmet cupcakes. Ms. Cupcake herself is a lovely 1950's housewife who is clearly passionate about what she does. I am totally addicted to Ms. C and her wares, and I'm thoroughly enjoying working my way through her huge, and ever growing, range of delicious cakes.

Pros: Great value for money, Excellent quality
Cons: It's always difficult to choose!
SaraVegan
SaraVegan

The best Vegan Cupcakes in London!!

Posted on 07 / 17 / 2010

I love Ms. Cupcake and her sweets!!
you can find her at the tea room in brick lane or greenwich!

Dear Owner and Manager of Ms. Cupcake: