Mrs. Winston's Green...

Serves meat, veg options available. Small natural foods and snacks store with a large salad bar featuring many vegetarian & vegan choices and lots of sprouts. Build your own salad and sandwich. Shared outdoor garden seating with view of water pond. Directions: location is inside The Water Garden business complex, and parking is provided underground for a fee. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Salad bar, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg
2450 Colorado Ave (inside The Water Garden Business Park)
Santa Monica, California 90404
310-315-2777

Closed Sunday.

First Review by gr8vegan
Chia
Chia

Impressive Salad Bar

4 Posted on 02 / 15 / 2012

I had read about this place on happycow, and here's my Mrs. Winston's Green Grocery review.

This location is at The Water Garden and caters to the business lunch crowd.

My husband and I had trouble finding the place, because we didn't realize that the store is inside the business building. We called and were given directions to park in the building underground lot (parking is expensive).

The store and salad bar basically caters to the business crowd that work in the buildings. It was very busy at lunch time when we went. The salad bar was impressive. It offered so many choices of fresh sprouts (wow!) in addition to other salad stuff as well as several vegan choices in tofu salads. Vegan items were labeled. We piled our to-go containers with heaps of salad goodies, but that did not make a dent in our pockets. The salad bar cost is by the pound, and we were able to eat well for around $20 (including a pound cake muffin).

The store also featured a build your own sandwich bar, a small selection of fresh fruits and vegetables, natural food and snacks.

Pros: vegan friendly, nice space, outdoor water garden seating
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

One of my favorites places for lunch! NO GROCERYS

5 Posted on 02 / 14 / 2009

This is actually my favorite Mrs. Winston's, which is not really a Grocery Store, but the most kick'n Salad bar on the planet. Vegan options galore, Make your own vegan sandwich, etc. Its located in the Water Garden amid all the high tech companies. I usually part at a meter on Colorado but I have heard there is free parking, don't get stuck in the low below because its PRICEY, maybe they validate I haven't figured that out, yet. Vegan Pasta Salads, Vegan Soups, Vegan Sandwich bread, you can make anything you can imagine. I bet there are over 50 vegan items.

Pros: create your own sandwich, pasta salad, clearly labeled vegan

Dear Owner and Manager of Mrs. Winston's Green Grocery - Colorado Blvd: