Mr. Nice Guy's Bake Shop

Vegan bake shop making many kinds of baked treats, from cakes to cinnamon rolls, and more. Also operates a stall at Prahran Market offering vegan cupcakes. more-less

First Review by Kittybiscuit
chantea
chantea

The Best.

5 Posted on 04 / 26 / 2014

I cannot say anything bad about this place. Everything here is brilliant. The service, the coffee, the cakes, the sweets, the bagels, the scrolls, the colour of the walls. The place is fantastic and its the only place I ever go if I want to buy a bloody good cake. Who cares if it's vegan…it beats ALL other cakes, vegan or not. They are great for a light lunch also, but who can eat a light lunch when there are things like French Toast flavoured cupcakes, chocolate cherry balls, cinnamon scrolls, donuts, raw cheesecakes, cheesy triangles and large cakes on request. Damn you Mister Niceguy (from my jeans).

Pros: Everything.
Cons: There isn't one next door to my house.

LeelaLuvsVeg
LeelaLuvsVeg

Fantastic!

5 Posted on 04 / 03 / 2014

Went for the first time last weekend and were really looking forward to it. The food was more than we hoped and it was well worth the over an hour drive to get there. Staff were delightful.
The savoury goodies are as fabulous as the sweet. Definitely try the raw cup cakes and the curried 'egg' bagel, the cheez and spinach scroll... :) ALL the cup cakes look amazing. Took a box home!
Planning to make it a regular event.

Pros: Fabulous food, Friendly staff, Did I say fabulous food?
potr
potr

hazlenut milk hot chocolate

5 Posted on 02 / 07 / 2014

nothing beats mr niceguy for the bestest cupcakes and coffees ever.

Pros: cupcakes, coffee, bagels
Cons: not in more shops
Aloo
Aloo

Sweet tooth heaven

5 Posted on 11 / 06 / 2013

I love this place. I love sitting outside at the cute little tables with freshly picked flowers, or inside where I can read the papers, magazines and books.
I love the selection of sweet treats. Besides cupcakes, there is bagels, babka, cheesecakes and all sorts of baked good. They even have raw or fructose free food. Sweets and savouries, try a bit of both!
The service is always friendly and the place is vegan.
I love the hazelnut milk coffee, but you could also have soy or almond milk if you prefer.
Every day is different, always many choices.

Pros: All vegan, freshly baked, nice ambience
Cons: price
Kittybiscuit
Kittybiscuit

Amazing!

5 Posted on 12 / 30 / 2012

I have been here twice now.

The first time I took a mini hazelnut cupcake and a cherry chocolate turnover. Both were tasty! It was their opening day and when a couple heard me talking to someone about how everything was vegan, the couple walked off saying "they weren't waiting for vegan food!" I suppose this is why there isn't a big sign saying they are vegan.

The second time I shared a few mini cupcakes and a strawberry shortcake which was amazing! I could have eaten them all. My Other friend who drinks a lot of dairy hot chocolates had a hot chocolate made with hazelnut milk and said it was the best hot chocolate she'd ever had.

Highly recommended!

Pros: great choices, nice coffee

Dear Owner and Manager of Mr. Nice Guy's Bake Shop: