Mr Natural Vegetarian Pizza...

Mostly take away pizzeria with a few small tables for eat-in. Offers wheat-free, gluten-free, and yeast-free pizza base options. Another location in Fitzroy North. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Fast food, Pizza, Western, Take-out, Delivery

vegjimbo
vegjimbo

Worth avoiding

Posted on 03 / 13 / 2015

The pizza was poor - topped too high with sludgy, under-cooked toppings and with a vegan cheese substitute that tasted terrible. This kind of experience is unfortunately not unique - vegetarian places that try to cater for vegans but don't understand how to make decent vegan food.

Jboomer
Jboomer

Vegetarian Pizza Heaven

Posted on 01 / 30 / 2014

It`s so great to be able to go into a Pizza shop and can actually choose from everything on the menu. The pizzas are delicious, healthy and given the wholemeal pastry and a stack of ingredients are very substantial. To top it off they are very well priced. The decore used to be a bit average but that too has recently improved & you can even get Coopers on tap. Definitely a big favorite of mine. Cheers John

Pros: See Above
Cons: Parking
syl
syl

Horrible pizza

Posted on 05 / 13 / 2013

As a pizza fan I was very excited. But as a pizza fan I shouldn't have been.

A sloppy mess.

2 cows for effort, could be done a LOT better.

Cons: Yuck

greenhexi
greenhexi

Unexpected but yummy

Posted on 12 / 24 / 2012

Unusual pizza, instead of individual ingredientsyou get a paste-like topping which is why omitting stuff is not always possible. But to leave the cheese off and make it vegan was possibly and I really loved the pizza... And all things sounded healthy. Also the drinks were organice. And in unvegan Melbourne area this place was a nice surpised and made my day.

KATIE H
KATIE H

Worst pizza I have ever had

Posted on 04 / 07 / 2012

Was really looking forward to a pizza so headed here but it was the worst.

It had absolutely no flavour the base was like biscuit and the topping wasn't cooked. It was the laziest attempt at pizza I've ever had!

I will never go back. There was nothing redeeming about this place.

I have to leave a 2 /5 to complete my review but really I would give nothing

Cons: No flavour, Topping piled on and not cooked, Base was more like a biscuit
ProtonVehiCROSS
ProtonVehiCROSS

Creative rennet-free vegetarian and vegan pizzas

Posted on 12 / 04 / 2011

We've eaten at the St. Kilda location at least five times. The pizzas have all been great (not undercooked as another reviewer commented). Our favourites have been the Mexicana (we always get one); the Dhal; and the Margarita. But we have yet to try a pizza that we wouldn't give at least three stars. The pizzas aren't quite like a typical cheese pizza but are probably a lot healthier for you. The crust seems like a cornmeal-type crust and it's piled high with ingredients. The emphasis here is on toppings more than cheese. We haven't tried the vegan cheese yet but the rennet-free cow's milk cheese is fine.
Updated from previous review on Sunday December 04, 2011

Pros: Rennet-free cow's cheese, Vegan cheese, Good taste
Cons: A little loud
Henley
Henley

Disappointing

Posted on 10 / 05 / 2009

This was possibly the worst pizza experience. The two pizzas we ordered were so overloaded with toppings they were cold and uncooked in the middle, despite having just emerged from the pizza oven.

The concept is great, but a real pizza is basic and simple, and a joy to eat, not a struggle to keep the toppings on the base.

What we had was just plain wrong.

Pros: The concept, The types of ingredients
Cons: The amount of toppings, The bloated feeling, The wasted leftovers
Raydoggy
Raydoggy

Wholemeal or Gluten free pizza, no rennet cheese

Posted on 12 / 15 / 2008

Careful or Ali will pile your pizza sky high, he's maybe too generous sometimes, but definitely good value for people on a budget. There is also a sister pizza place in Fitzroy, down the Alexandra Pde end.

Great location and very quick. See if you can guess Ali's age, I was shocked when he told me, but I shouldn't be, because that's what a veg diet does for you, it keeps you healthy and youthful and it's so yummy.

Pros: Lots of toppings, Wholewheat or Gluten free, Inexpensive
Cons: Uses Spanish instead of Kalamata olives
tessha_m
tessha_m

mmm great pizza

Posted on 04 / 29 / 2008

Mr Naturals Pizzas are unlike any pizza you have ever had before, packed full of fresh veggies and a few random ingredients like sultanas, sesame seeds and rice!
They are very filling. And consistently good!
I reccomend the Bezelya pizza.
Specials for pick up pizzas Mon-Thurs. Gluten free and vegan options.

Pros: Cheap specials, Healthy fresh ingredients, freindly service
Cons: Only open evenings

Dear Owner and Manager of Mr Natural Vegetarian Pizza - St. Kilda: