Mr. Natural - South Lamar

Natural food cafe and store. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, baked goods, beverages, grab-n-go, and various health products. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Mexican, Juice bar, Take-out

eleven11
eleven11

Ehhh

3 Posted on 06 / 30 / 2014

I was really excited to try this place. The food was ok. The staff didnt really seem very happy to be there (minus one friendly cook) kinda pricey. They didnt avertise anything organic and food wasnt anything special. We tried the tex mex and the texas burger. Over all just an ok experience. Wont be going back

Pros: All Veggie, Vegan Friendly
Cons: Lack Of Environment, Taste Like Frozen Food
Tulipa
Tulipa

Good value

3 Posted on 05 / 21 / 2012

We go to Mr. Naturals regularly because it's near where we shop. I'm not a huge fan of Mexican food (I prefer Indian) so I tend to order what I like best-- the taco salad or veggie burger. The taco salad is a decent price, is good, and very filling. The patties are homemade and tasty. As for the rest of their choices, to me they're okay--not great, but good enough. If you're hungry and vegetarian, this place will do the job. If it's a special event, I prefer somewhere with more atmosphere such as Mothers.

The only problem with this restaurant are the desserts. They no longer list all the ingredients or even label what the various desserts are. They used to have a large selection of cakes, but now it's down to just a few. The cakes tend to be dry, probably because they're old. I have learned to ask how long they have been sitting in the case. The other day I pointed to the fruit roll asking how old it was, and was shocked to find out it had been there a week!

Trust me, if you want to get a dessert there, get the brownie. They are consistently fresh and delicious. The scones are good too. I haven't tried the cookies.

Pros: All vegetarian, Food is good
Cons: Desserts tend to be old and dry
mathimp
mathimp

not worth going back.

2 Posted on 12 / 27 / 2010

I've only been once, so this may not be a fair review, but since I'm not going back, I may as well. It's not that it's a bad place, it's just not worth going back. The food was below average and it was kind of pricey.

Pros: vegetarian
Cons: food , price, atmosphere
Elsie
Elsie

Overwhelming amt of choices for meals & desserts!!

5 Posted on 10 / 08 / 2010

I have been here twice and ordered the same thing both times (I know, not original, haha!) But I really love their Mushroom Tacos, which come as soft tacos, but I always have them make them with the crispy tacos. It is a perfect texture balance for me. The mushrooms seem a bit greasy, but not anything that makes you feel gross or heavy after eating it. I love the vegan gingerbread pig cookies, which are really cute with a raisin for the eye. These cookies are large and pretty thick, and come at a great price of just $1.55. The whole dessert case looks delicious and I really appreciate that the all desserts are well-labeled with the ingredients. The make some fancy cakes and you can even order one for a wedding or party. I will be visiting again soon, and maybe this time I will try out the buffet to expand my tastebuds beyond the Mushroom Tacos! :) Also, I love that they recycle!

Pros: Big selection of food, Very low prices, Yummy desserts
crystalbelle
crystalbelle

Great Food Especially When in a Hurry

5 Posted on 08 / 27 / 2010

I love everything I have tried here, which is everything. I've been going to Mr.Natural frequently for 4 yrs now. But I really enjoy stopping in on my lunch break bc I can be in and out within 10 min with a delicious and healthy meal without paying too much. And like 915phil reviewed, it leaves you feeling satisfied and not heavy and gross.

Pros: Great Food, Friendly Staff, Clean

esestud
esestud

I'm a regular customer

5 Posted on 08 / 18 / 2010

I've been dining at this location for at least a year now and I can say with confidence I prefer this place over the Cesar Chavez location. It appear bigger and has a really nice selection for the buffet, baked goods, vitamins and drinks. Their seitan is to die for and so is the gluten-free dark chocolate muffin. I still come here regularly, and everybody working there has been kind and helpful.

Pros: Food, Atmosphere, Baked Goods
Shalomiyah
Shalomiyah

Mr. Natural - South Lamar Location

4 Posted on 02 / 22 / 2010

My son and I go here every once in a while. I love their refried beans .. they are delicious. I normally get their burrito with the refried or black beans in it. They have vegan desserts and delicious fruit/vegetable drinks (can be expensive for these). Normally have 4-5 different fresh salad types to choose from. Casual atmosphere, indoor/out door seating. The encourage recycling which is excellent.

Pros: Delicious Food, Friendly Staff, Entrees are Resonable Pricing
Cons: Fruit/Vegetable Drinks are Pricey
CFlatt
CFlatt

Yummy

4 Posted on 03 / 07 / 2009

Mr. Natural has great, clean Mexican style food. I wish the menu varied a bit more but it is good. They also have a bakery and that has tons of variety. If you need a vegetarian or vegan birthday, wedding or cake for any other occasion this is the place to get it. And their strawberry bars...

Pros: Tasty, healthy food, Incredible bakery selections
Cons: Slightly pricey, Ambiance lacking, Servers lack personality
kbdragon
kbdragon

4 Posted on 08 / 26 / 2008

Great place with good veggie food. Many vegan options

Pros: vegan friendly, good food, nice atmosphere
seangunn
seangunn

South Austin Fav

4 Posted on 07 / 19 / 2008

Great Vegan/Vegetarian Mexican food buffet style. Some Organic ingredients.

Pros: Awesome Staff, Great Selection, Spacious
Cons: Mostly non-Organic
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Good Desserts!!!

5 Posted on 04 / 14 / 2008

I ate at both locations and found this one to be less interesting. Although the food was just as good, I'd rather go to the other location. The Vegan German Chocolate Cake was VERY good!!!

915phil
915phil

Vegetarian Salvation for South-Austinites

5 Posted on 04 / 03 / 2008

Sometimes it can get a little rough being a vegetarian in the far southern reaches of Austin, where BBQ and Tex-Mex reign--but fortunately Mr. Natural is within reach on S Lamar. The food tastes *good,* not *great,* but I keep coming back for the intensely healthy feeling I get in my gut when I'm finished eating. I don't have the healthiest diet in the world, so a monthly visit to Mr. Natural has become my yummy detox routine.

Pros: Healthy, Totally edible, Affordable

Dear Owner and Manager of Mr. Natural - South Lamar: