Opened June 2013 in a lower ground space near the tram station IP Pavlova and Brussels. Serves vegan food, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages, and desserts. Self serve buffet weekdays 11am-3pm. Reportedly not part of the larger international chain of Loving Hut vegan restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai. Previously named Loving Hut - Koubkova. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Chinese, Asian, Fast food, Take-out

Mon-Fri 9:00am-9:00pm, Sat 12:00pm-9:00pm

First Review by hungryherbivores
Doro*
Doro*

eatable food in uncomfortable atmosphere

Posted on 08 / 12 / 2014

The place was located close to the hotel in which I was staying and since I am into Asian food, I decided to come there. As others wrote, it was also quite empty at that point, but that could have bee due to the time (4-5pm). The atmosphere was not too promising, large screen, uncomfortable and "cold".
My food was unfortunately not too tasty neither (apparently the spring rolls my mother, whom I dragged in there, ordered, were fine), especially the brown sauce tasted like 100% instant and almost like gravy.
The menu was in English, but the waitress did not speak any, so it was not possible to make any extra wish.
But hey, it was inexpensive ;)
Would not recommend it and would not go there again.

Pros: inexpensive
Cons: quality, service
Laylah
Laylah

Huuuge disappointment....

Posted on 08 / 10 / 2014

The restaurant was completely empty as we entered it about 7.30 p.m. We should have treated it as a warning sign, but unfortunately we didn't...

The food was cheap, but it's the only plus of this place I can think of. We were completely dissatisfied with our food - my friend ordered a burger, which was completely dry, especially the bun. The sushi set I had was made with warm (!) rice and tasted rather weird.

We also didn't like the atmosphere - a huge TV on the wall was playing some Vietnamese music so loudly it was hard to hear the person sitting right opposite.

Pros: price
Cons: food - freshness and taste, atmosphere
VeganMike095
VeganMike095

Vegan Prague

Posted on 06 / 26 / 2014

Trying to find something Vegan in Prague isn't that difficult once you get used to the city, I found this place on the weekend and wanted to go - stupidly tried on a Sunday and it was shut!
So I went back today, and what can I say, the food was simply amazing, absolutely worth a visit. The vegan sushi was amazing, and the coconut wrapped tofu balls absolute heaven!
I can recommend the Kung Pao tofu also. The Menu offers lots of meat substitutes, mainly tofu, however there are dishes without meat substitutes, and therefore there is plenty of choice for everybody!
The staff running the Restaurant were friendly and smiling, and the whole atmosphere of the Restaurant is great, its in a basement which gives it a strangely warm cosy feel.
Loved it - definitely worth checking out if your around in Prague.

Pros: freindly staff, locaton/atmosphere, quality of food
Cons: heavy on meat substitutes, not open sundays

earthville
earthville

Good variety of Asian dishes

Posted on 06 / 25 / 2014

At many of the Vietnamese vegan restaurants run by followers of SuMa Ching Hai around the world, the focus on mock meats is so heavy that whole, unprocessed veggies can be neglected — but not so at Mr. Hau. Here, fauxtein-oriented dishes still take top billing, but there are several dishes featuring broccoli, zucchini, bok choy, etc.

I liked the Kung Pao here, but found the fried spring rolls to be lacking flavor.

The atmosphere is reasonably pleasant (except for the television) and service was warm and friendly.

I wish they offered brown rice as an alternative to white, but so far it seems a lot of Prague has yet to discover the benefits of brown rice. Fresh juices would be nice, too.

Pros: Good variety, All vegan
Cons: No brown rice (only white), TV
yelmam
yelmam

Best Vegan Dishes In Prague

Posted on 05 / 28 / 2014

Amazing place, the best dish I had in Prague (been in multiple vegan restaurants). The service is extremely delightful and they prices are fair!

Tereza-soucitne.cz
Tereza-soucitne.cz

Cosy Loving Hut

Posted on 10 / 13 / 2013

This is my favourite vegan restaurant in Prague, because they have amazing food as in the other Loving Huts, but moreover their underground interior is very cosy and it is suitable also for festive dinner. They do not offer alcohol, but they have very nice dealcoholated rose wine. I dont commend white and red wine - it is too sour. Their service is sometimes slower but it depends on the actual set-up of the staff.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday October 08, 2013

Pros: Interior, Price, Food
Cons: Service
hungryherbivores
hungryherbivores

Tasty buffet

Posted on 08 / 07 / 2013

My friend and I went to Loving Hut for the buffet. There isn't a flat rate for the buffet, rather you pay a certain amount for every 100g. It sounds more expensive than it was. I got four plates worth for only $10. The food was very good but I would have liked to see more variety. The buffet bar was not very large and had a limited amount of choice. However, each of the choices were delicious. They had a chocolate cake with fruit for desert. The icing tasted like very creamy pudding. If I wasn't so stuffed I would have eaten another slice.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday August 07, 2013

Pros: amaaaazing cake
Cons: no cash

Dear Owner and Manager of Mr. Hau: