Friendly snack shop serving falafel; you take your falafel to the salad bar and you fill it up with vegetables as you like. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Fast food, Take-out

AshJacSim
AshJacSim

nice for a snack

Posted on 04 / 08 / 2015

Came here the other day for something quick to eat. I can say I was very impressed. You ask for a falafel wrap and you get a little tray to put whatever salad items you want in it. The falafels themselves are some of the best I've eaten. However don't go here if you're looking for a big filling meal. The only strange thing was that I spoke to the guy in French and he persisted on replying in English, not sure why.

Pros: almost everything vegan, very good price
Cons: meh
wyrd
wyrd

Small place, nice food

Posted on 03 / 26 / 2015

I had dinner in Mr Falafel last Monday with a friend of mine. The place is very small, but luckily there was one free table and we were able to eat inside (outside it was a bit cold...!).

We had falafel in pitta bread (but you can ask for falafel without the bread, if you prefer), which are really tasty. Then, we added some vegetables (olives were particularly good), hoummus (but tajhin is also available), and we had a great dinner!

The place is absolutely inexpensive if you think that it's Bruxelles (falafel: E4.50, drinks: E1.50).

PS: the whole place reminded me of Maoz Veg (like in Paris, London, NY...), but the atmosphere is much more easygoing, and falafel are probably better!

Pros: Good falafel, Good vegetables choice, Super cheap
Tom Bombadil
Tom Bombadil

Best Falafel in Brussels

Posted on 03 / 22 / 2015

Mr. Falafel provides the best falafel in Brussels and for a very low price (4.50€). The falafel are so fresh anybody can taste the difference with other fast-food restaurants. You can choose all the vegetables and sauce you want to put in your sandwich. All ingredients are not excellent but the combination with falafel and wholegrain pita bread makes me drool just to write about it!
A perfect place for a succulent vegetarian/vegan meal.

Pros: Super fresh falafel, Vegan sauce, Super inexpensive
Cons: Still some vegetarian options

Alveolar
Alveolar

Anyway you like

Posted on 03 / 10 / 2015

I had a stomach ache and was still hungry after. Like a bad nights sleep, but its Brussels.

Md81
Md81

Delicious and most affordable veggie place

Posted on 01 / 14 / 2015

My partner and I visited Mr Falafel on three occasions. Each time we had one of the two main vegetarian dishes consisting of a pita filled with 4 freshly fried delicious falafels, 15 varieties of fillings and 3 varieties of sauces. The owners are very generous allowing one to take as much fillings as one choses. I even saw other people going for a refill. Each falafel was 4.5 euros. From all the restaurants, supermarkets, macrobiotic shops we visited we found this was the most affordable place in the otherwise very expensive Brussels. The owners work hard so Mr Falafel saved us at 9.30pm on a Sunday when there were no supermarkets or other veggie restaurants open. As for cleanliness, it might not have Subway standards (the fast food chain) in terms of food manipulation but I have a very sensitive stomach and I was perfectly fine eating there. In addition, the sitting area and the kitchen and bathroom were very clean.

Pros: affordable, delicious, big portions
dsparakh
dsparakh

Inexpensive, healthy & tasty

Posted on 09 / 23 / 2014

After a long day, exhausted & starving, I found my way to Mr. Falafel which is located a few hundred metres from Grand Place. To my great disappointment, the door was locked though the place didn't appear to be closed. Within a few minutes, and to my great delight, the owner returned and made me a falafel. It wasn't the best falafel I've had, but for E4.50, it is very likely the cheapest, most filling & healthiest vegetarian option in Brussels!

Pros: Cheap!, Filling & healthy, Convenient location & long hours
Cons: Like a fast-food takeaway
Danet
Danet

Good food, hygiene not so much

Posted on 04 / 08 / 2014

The place is very easy to access, it's near the Bourse (Beurs). I go there often. The only thing you can order there is a pita bread with 4 falafels. The falafels are excellent! There is a small salad bar with a few fresh veggie, prepared red cabage, prepared white cabage, olives, humus, etc. You pay 4,5€ for the falafels and can help yourself how many times you want at the salad bar. There are three sauces: one red-hot, two whites made probably from tahina, those seems not to be vegan as they probably contain dairy.

Owned by kind people.

It's well worth the price but the place is small and very simple. The hygiene has been improved but there is still more effort needed.

Pros: Cheap, Delicious falafel, Small business
Cons: Dirty, Small, No choice
Happymouse
Happymouse

Awesome

Posted on 01 / 12 / 2014

This place was just what we were looking for!

Tasty falafel and a big portion of salad for € 4.50. Loved the tahini sauce. I wish we had one here in Switzerland too, I'd be a regular guest!

Very friendly owner.

Pros: cheap, delicious, friendly
rintintin31000
rintintin31000

Not so good

Posted on 08 / 18 / 2013

It's practical but not what I would call excellent. Falafels and salad bar are much tastier in Paris, Madrid or Amsterdam by Maoz. I didn't expect much comfort but this place is a little bit "extreme" with the tables directly on the sidewalk of a noisy main street and the salad bar didn't seem very hygienic. I prefer not to recommend the awful so called fruit juices from the fridge which are indeed sugared water with aromas.

Pros: No meat , Location and opening hours, Price
Cons: Too uncomfortable , Could be cleaner
Winterdragon
Winterdragon
  • herbivore

Good falafel place

Posted on 08 / 07 / 2013

Tasty falafels, nice concept of adding your own vegetables, sauces and salad. Fast and cheap.

Pros: Fast, Cheap, Choose-your-own-vegetables
Cons: A bit unimaginative sauces, Limited menu, Rather dreary place
wgroeneveld
wgroeneveld

free vegetables as much as you like - nice falafel

Posted on 06 / 03 / 2013

It's a tiny place in the busy heart of Brussels and they only serve one thing: falafels in a pita bread. Sauce and vegetables are "free" - you can take as much as you want from a small salad bar. Some sauces are (very) hot, they also have hummus. Tasty, cheap and quick!

Pros: free veggies, refillable!, relatively cheap (€4)
Cons: tiny, not much place to sit, owner is difficult to understand
starcide
starcide

Loved this place

Posted on 04 / 23 / 2013

The falafel was really really good, and cheap. You buy a 4 euro falafel and get however much salad from the bar you want, there is a good selection of vegan options. Mr Falafel himself is friendly :) Open till late which is helpful.

Pros: Great falafel
LobkeBrasseur
LobkeBrasseur

great falafel

Posted on 08 / 26 / 2012

the falafel was tasty, the salad bar very varied, and for 4 euros very good value. i recommend it.nice that they don't serve any meat.the mayonnaise is not vegetarian, it has eggs in it, so be aware, a few toppings are mixed with mayonnaise, so ask before to be sure.

Pros: tasty, fresh, cheap
Cons: mayonnaise
CaroSamsa
CaroSamsa

Awesome!!!

Posted on 08 / 06 / 2012

I really love "Mr Falafel"! The idea that you can prepare your own falafel is great! Morever, the offered fillings for your falafel are varied and tasty. Furthermore, the server was very friendly and helpful. He even told me and my boyfriend in detail which food is vegan or not. And he gave us an additional bowl so that we were able to make our own salad from the offered fillings. In addition, this restaurant is really cheap and you could call it "all you can eat" (because of the additional bowls).
Unfortunately, we have discovered this awesome restaurant at the end of our trip to Brussels :-(.

Pros: Prepare your own falafel with great food, Very friendly staff and nice atmosphere, Cheap and "all you can eat"
Cons: Nothing
Liina
Liina

Fresh falafel!

Posted on 06 / 16 / 2012

Definitely a unique place, the falafel is made from fresh paste and tastes good! The staff is really friendly and the atmosphere feels nice. We visited this place several times when in Brussels and were satisfied each time. The place itself is tiny (there are couple of small tables) and maybe not the cleanest of places, but food is definitely fresh. very nice dressings also (tajini, parsley sauce, chili sauce etc.)

Pros: Friendly staff, You can fill your own pita , fresh falafel
Laudi
Laudi

Cheap and delicious

Posted on 04 / 26 / 2011

If you are looking for a cheap place to eat your vegan falafel, this is the place to go. Unfortunately, they don't offer the salad buffet as a "salad" menu option (like other Mr. Falafel places do, e.g. in Amsterdam) but only to fill your pitta with all the stuff you like. It's nevertheless worth a stop and only a short walk from the city centre.

Pros: Friendly and English speaking staff, Good filling options, Good price
Cons: No "salad only" option
Mu
Mu

delicious home made falafels

Posted on 09 / 15 / 2010

There are a lot of pita snacks in Brussels but this one is definitely unique!!!! (as you immediately understand when noticing the huge word 'VEGETARIAN' on its window!)

Dear Owner and Manager of Mr Falafel: