Serves meat, veg options available. Vegan choices include miso soup, sushi maki with cucumbers and daikon, tofu with vegetables, mapo tofu, tofu with bamboo shoots and mushrooms, Buddha style vegetables. Air conditioned. Free wi-fi. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Chinese, Japanese, Take-out, Delivery, Non-veg

rhelune
rhelune

My favourite Chinese restaurant

Posted on 11 / 10 / 2013

Mr Chen is my favourite Chinese restaurant in Zagreb. It's spacious, air conditioned, the staff is friendly, and, most importantly, the food is delicious. I usually have 3 hosomaki (with cucumber and/or daikon) and a main dish with tofu. I alternate between ma-po tofu and tofu with bamboo shoots and Chinese mushrooms (shiitake). Unfortunately, the batter for fried fruit is not vegan, so if I want a dessert, the only option is a lychee compote.

Pros: delicious food, friendly staff
Cons: no vegan desserts besides lychee compote

Dear Owner and Manager of Mr Chen: