Organic produce, vitamins, bread, frozen food, newspaper, magazines. Previously located on Morgan Way, Aug 2014. more-less
314 N Mt Shasta Blvd
Mount Shasta, California 96067
530-926-3391

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by StephenS
Guest
Guest

Um, well, uh - Laters!

Posted on 08 / 08 / 2014

So when we walked in the store the first thing we got was a rude look from the two Women behind the counter. But, whatever - people work hard sometimes anf are tired and over it - I get it. Made our way to the Coolers and was stoked to see Vegan heatable Burritos, Vegan Sandwiches, and some Amy's Vegan Pockets. Grabbed a Tofu Cutlet Club and my fingers basically went thru the bread but not the wrapper. I could see and feel the inside sogginess and the red mushy seep through of the tomato. Closer inspection showed the brown wilting on the lettuce - BUMMER!
So while my Sweetie grabbed some Vegan Pockets (Amy's in a box) I strolled back up to the counter to see if there were any fresher sandwiches in stock. Waited for a bout 2 or 3 minutes while the two Trolls at the front chatted and ignored me, even though they both made eye contact with me.
So - I grabbed my Girl, she dropped her Pockets, and we skidattled it out of there, neither of the women saying anything to us. And we were the only freaking customers in the place - you'd think they would have enjoyed our business!
Now I understand this may have been an unique or isolated incident - but there are other and better options in the area(Berryvale) - So I will not be going back.
Otherwise, looked like there were possibly some organic veggies and I think I saw a Vegan Granola Bar - who knows - who cares....off to Berryvale!

Pros: Nice Name
Cons: Rude and unhelpful staff, some very poor quality items, Not a huge selection of Vegan choices

Dear Owner and Manager of Mountain Song: