Great kosher bakery, if a little out of the way. All soups/salads are vegan and there is a vegan whole wheat bagel. When we asked about the vegan cream cheese, however, we were informed that they stopped making it due to poor sales. Too bad, but the bagels themselves were fantastic. Buy some to go and then hit up Aux Vivres for their vegan cream cheese.
You really have to go out of your way to get to this place, about 20 minutes with the subway from downtown Montreal and it's in the middle of nowhere. Then the only vegan thing on the menu is a plain wholegrain bagel and if you're lucky the soup of the day. I thought there where many vegan and vegetarian options because of the 5 out of 5 cows this place got but that was just from one review; tuna and salmon are not vegetarian.
Updated from previous review on Monday October 10, 2011
Cons: far from city center, hardly any vegan/vegetarian options, bad atmosphere
This bakery is home to Montreal's best bagels. For those vegans, their whole wheat, multi grain, spelt and rye bagels are vegan. They have delicious vegan soups as well. One of my favorites is their vegan tofu cream cheese, it's much thicker and creamier than regular dairy cream cheese.
As for the rest of their products, they are all vegetarian. Incredible bagel sandwiches, with tuna, egg, smoked salmon. Goes great with their fresh daily salads, my usuals are Israeli salad or corn salad. Overall, highly reccomended this place for vegans, vegetarians and everyone.
Cons: closed saturday
- Link to this page from your site. Entry info.
- Return to Montreal Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
- Business Owners, if you see an unfair review, read this.
- Why was my review removed? - details
- Reviews are not endorsed by HappyCow - review terms
- Has Mount Royal Bagel Bakery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
- This page has been viewed 742 times since Jan 2013.