Mother's Market and Kitchen...

Health food store and vegetarian kitchen/deli/juice bar. A section of the market is dedicated to the deli and food bars. Almost everything is vegetarian except for tuna fish. Hot foods bar, salad bar, juice bar, burritos and tacos bar, olive bar, extensive deli. Vegetarian, vegan, and raw food. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, International, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by jamisie
GabrielitoVegano
GabrielitoVegano

Love this place

5 Posted on 03 / 16 / 2013

I do most of my grocery shopping here, they have a lot of vegan products and if they don't have it they go out of their way to get it. The prices are way better than other health food store I've been to, maybe 'cause they sell a lot...nbot sure, but I like it!
Updated from previous review on Thursday July 14, 2011

Pros: Vegan Products, nice employees and manager, great selection
Chia
Chia

The Best Health Food Market

5 Posted on 02 / 15 / 2012

I had read about this place on happycow, and here's my Mother's Market and Kitchen review.

First impression: I was very surprised to see how BIG this store is, compared to the previous 3 Mother's Markets stores I've visited. It's the size of a large supermarket.

Walking up and down the isles, I was able to find a wide range of products, essentially EVERYTHING a health-conscious person and a vegetarian/vegan can ask for.

The store even offers some alternative natural products that Whole Foods Market doesn't carry. For instance, Mother's offers 2 additional types of natural diapers that I did not see at Whole Foods.

The store offers an extensive bulk section, large supplements department, fresh organic and farmers produce, cereals, snacks, raw food, grocery, frozen and chilled food, and lots more. In addition, there is a separate area dedicated to their kitchen service, including a large hot foods bar, salad bar, a mostly vegetarian deli (except for tuna), a pizza bar, burritos/tacos bar, and juice bar.

The staff told me that the owners are vegetarians and that the store is mostly vegetarian except for a few frozen poultry products. They don't even sell alcohol (not now anyway) because the owners believe in the "health food store" principle.

The prices were very reasonable and cheaper than Whole Foods.

This location is not as charming as the other smaller locations due to its massive size, it's spectacular and a shopper's paradise. I wish for a Mother's Market everywhere!

Guest
Guest

The Palce To Be

5 Posted on 03 / 30 / 2010

What can I say about this place except that I love love it! There are so many products to choose from and they have an excellent variety of vegan prodcuts too. The staff there are SUPER friendly! Their food court is awesome-o! If you haven't been there you must go. They have a chain of stores. Trust and believe there is a good reason for that.

• Coconut Wings Coconut Wings

Thanks for the review penguin2045! I'll def have to check it out.

jamisie
jamisie

Greta Place!

5 Posted on 07 / 08 / 2009

I LOVE this place. The food bar has a huge variety of delicious food. I eat here at least once a week on my lunch break, and always have a hard time deciding between all the great choices of things to eat.

Pros: Variety, Good Food
Cons: Not much Seating

Dear Owner and Manager of Mother's Market and Kitchen - Santa Ana: