West Indies style health food lunch counter housed in a yellow and green colored building. Offers likes of rice and soy chunks, okra, callaloo, bread, fruit salads, and fresh juices. Sells soy meats for take home. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Italian, Fast food, Juice bar, Take-out

Laura Grainger
Laura Grainger

big but mediocre buffet

Posted on 03 / 11 / 2014

I went to mother nature's several times while in Trinidad. You will see the advertisements scattered around the city! "Keep your two breast, no need fit cancer, you are what you eat..."
The staff is generally friendly, although its often hard to see them behind the mountains of styrofoam; the range of food is huge and healthy; but overall it failed to impress my tastebuds. The food is kind if the same lack-lustre dishes that any street vendor who doesn't really cater for veggies would sell you.
The first time I wanted to go there, it was mid-afternoon so I phoned ahead to ask if they were still open for food, which they confirmed they were, and also that they were at a different address than the one I read out to them. On arriving, 20mins walk later, they were well & truly closed. After my knocking, someone eventually came to the door and I asked if it was her who I spoke to on the phone, and it was. 'Why did you tell me you were still open for food when you closed more than an hour ago?' To which the answer was that she refused to accept I'd called about food, but *herbs*.
Customer service generally doesn't exist in Trinidad so there's nothing especially bad about this place.
They sell some health food but without labelled prices and all the things I asked the prices of were more expensive than in the other shops in the city.

Pros: big selection of food & drinks, fairly central city location, integrated herbal medicine & health food shop
Cons: fairly boring-tasting food, Blaring TV in dining area, Bad phone communication

Dear Owner and Manager of Mother Nature: