Serves meat, veg options available. Indian food restaurant. Has vegetarian starters and mains, including dishes free of cheese and butter. Semi-traditional interior. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Indian, Non-veg
148 Via de Serpenti (Via Cavour)
Rome, Italy

Mon-Sun 11:00am-11:30pm

First Review by icysky
Nirvana
Nirvana

amazing food and good price!!

Posted on 10 / 19 / 2015

many verity of vegan meal
professional and caring service
big dishes and very low prices

Pros: chip, good atmosphere, great location
Lianna.lcaulk
Lianna.lcaulk

wonderful

Posted on 07 / 15 / 2015

This place is so wonderful. It was very convenient as it was right around the block from where I was staying and is a clear shot from the colosseum, an easy ten minute walk away. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was great. The service was exceptionally wonderful. They were very helpful and friendly and they fully understood veganism, pointing out several dishes I could choose from without altering. They made it very easy for me and even brought out vegan versions of the things the rest of my family was eating. It helped that they all spoke very good English. The only thing I would say, which isn't their fault, is my family and I got there around 8 and we were the only ones there for about an hour and a half. This was probably due to the fact that people just eat dinner later in Italy, but it might be that it's not very popular which I hope is not true because it was fantastic. Very wonderful. Would give it five - even six - stars if I could.

Pros: exceptionally friendly service, fantastic food, convenient
Cons: people don't usually start showing up until around
marie la vie en rose

good flavoursome food
plenty of vegan options

kerppu
kerppu

Don't drink the grappa...

Posted on 07 / 25 / 2014

The veggie starters were the best part of the whole meal, excellent. One portion of rice would have been enough for two. And when we didn't have dessert, they brought us a glas of grappa. We thought it was complimentary as we did not order it, but it was added on the bill (4€/grappa). Not nice :(

Cons: Expensive
Asleep On A Sunbeam
Asleep On A Sunbeam

Good food but a lack of understanding

Posted on 01 / 18 / 2013

The food we got was delicious. There wasn't much in terms of portions, but by golly was the quality good!

We just had 1 main each (my partner and I).

The only problem we had was the waiter couldn't understand what vegan was for the longest time. I ended up resorting to my vegan passport from the vegan society, which eventually allowed him to understand.

The Chana Masala was divine. One of the best curry dishes we've ever had.

I still would have tipped but there was a 4 euro service charge added onto the bill.

Pros: Great tasting food.
Cons: Didn't know what vegan was., Portion sizes
dragejenta
dragejenta

Great ending of a busy day in Rome

Posted on 03 / 28 / 2011

We wnt to mother India with quite low eceptations. We were both hungry and tired after a long day. Wen we came in the staff were cherfull and happy. The main waiter spok good english. He had no problem with assuring a glutenfree vegan meal for me. We eat hree corses and I enjoyed it. They have no vegan desserts but they make an incredible mango juice. And a littel up the street there are a gelatoria selling 4 flasvours of soia ice cream. Wonder full resturant i will recomend, especialy for them traveling with a meat eater.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, Autentic surrondings
Geet Shroff
Geet Shroff

Enjoyed my meal..!

Posted on 03 / 05 / 2011

A vegetarian fixed menu for EUR 16 and a whole lot of other vegetarian options (indicated on the menu clearly). Great food, very pleasant staff that speak English and Italian. Asked how spicy I liked my meal (even though I am Indian :-)) and I could see that everyone around me was enjoying their visit at this quiet restaurant that was playing Sufi music in the background. The theme is authentic and so is the food. Do try the pakoda's for appetizers.

Pros: Great Food, Pleasant Staff
Cons: Toilet could be better
lucyblack74
lucyblack74

Mother India, Rome

Posted on 10 / 05 / 2010

This is a great Indian restaurant, with tasty and healthy options (eg samosas oven baked rather than fried). Staff were friendly and spoke good English. Portions are smaller than you would expect from an Indian restuarant in the UK, as Italians would normally have more courses than us. Which means you can order more!

Pros: Excellent food, Good value, Friendly staff
icysky
icysky

Great Indian Food

Posted on 05 / 09 / 2010

Wife and I went here on our first night in Rome - had a nightmare journey to get there for Valentines - snow in frankfurt :(

The choice of restaurant was great. It looks unassuming, dull. But when the starters arrived, we knew we were on to a winner. We had some of the greatest tasting indian food on our travels here - we recommend trying as many of the starters as you can.

We had a few more naans with our mains, which were great. I wanted really spicy food, and they brought out the chef's pickle sauces. These made it feel just like home - great food.

Problem was the price, very very expensive!

Pros: Great food, Great choice
Cons: Price, very expensive, Doesn't look great

Dear Owner and Manager of Mother India: