Mother Fool's Coffeehouse

Coffee shop serves organic coffee and fair trade teas, daily vegan soup, bagels, all vegan bakery with scones, muffins, cupcakes, cookies, brownies. No extra charge for soy drinks. Cozy atmosphere. Wireless internet, music nights. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly

First Review by rccourtney
Mikemotorbike
Mikemotorbike

coffee and cake with a smile

4 Posted on 08 / 30 / 2013

Cash only. Keep that in mind. They have vegan pastries from around the city and they're so dang good. It's a simple place with good coffee. I was just in town for work but I liked having this part of my morning.

Pros: good price, vegan treats!
Cons: cash only, limited seating
knit-picky-vegan
knit-picky-vegan

Mother Fool's - Funky with Fantastic Food !

5 Posted on 10 / 05 / 2012

Any place that creates and serves delicious Vegan fare is tops on my list and welcome on my plate.
Great building and simple ambience combined with their food selections makes this a great place to spend some time solo, or with friends. It's such a wonderful addition in the cafe scene of Madison! Relax & Enjoy.

Pros: Great food, Great food, Great food
Cons: none, yet, they always please.
ali.seiter
ali.seiter

Classic East Side Cafe

4 Posted on 10 / 29 / 2011

Frankly, anywhere on the East Side of Madison is a wonderful place in my opinion, and Mother Fool's Coffeehouse is verily in keeping with my mentality. The mismatched couches and chairs, graffitied wall, and classic Madison hippie baristas all contribute to give Mother Fool's the warm and fun atmosphere of the East Side.

Food and drink-wise, Mother Fool's always has a bakery case stuffed full of vegan cupcakes, cookies, tarts, pastries, bread rolls, and my favorite sun-dried tomato bread. They also have a vegan soup-of-the-day and all their drinks can be made with soy milk at no extra cost. A welcoming, delicious, and vegan-friendly cafe fit for the East Side.

See pictures and more restaurant reviews at my blog: http://farmersmarketvegan.wordpress.com/

Pros: All-vegan bakery., Soy milk at no extra charge., Friendly baristas.
Cons: No food other than soup and bakery., A bit small (lack of seating).

rccourtney
rccourtney

Awesome vegan sweets

4 Posted on 05 / 21 / 2008

I love all the sweets that they serve here especially the cranberry orange scone. Also great coffee and tea with soy as an option.
I am wondering why I am not allowed to give the place 5 happy cows as a rating. This place is 100% vegetarian and is in fact all vegan except the small amount of dairy that they have in the form of milk and cream for coffee.

Pros: vegan deserts, great coffee and tea
Cons: uncomfortable couches

Dear Owner and Manager of Mother Fool's Coffeehouse: