Serves meat, veg options available. Predominately meat menu with several ovo/lacto vegetarian options, clearly marked. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, American, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
628 14th St
Galveston, Texas 77550
409-763-1010

First Review by meshuga
BriggitteJ
BriggitteJ

Cute cafe lacking in good vegan options.

Posted on 01 / 22 / 2015

If you come to Mosquito and are vegan you will have a max of two or three options of which two are veggie burgers (portobello and traditional handmade patty). On occasion they have a special for grilled vegetable tacos but it's not a regular menu item. I really really want to like Mosquito Cafe because it is so damn cute but for the price and flavor of the food it just isn't worth it.

Pros: Good Atmosphere, Fresh Food
Cons: Expensive, Lacking Vegan Options
steveveg
steveveg

Not very vegan friendly

Posted on 05 / 12 / 2012

I was hoping to find good vegan food at Mosquito Cafe as it had been recommended. I was very disappointed that the menu is very limited. Nothing was vegan. Some dishes could have been made vegan, but would also become totally uninteresting. I did not eat here as a consequence.

Cons: not vegan friendly
AmySeasideVillage49
AmySeasideVillage49

One of my Favorite Places on the Island

Posted on 12 / 07 / 2011

Well the title says it all. The food is always so yummy and healthy and fresh. The staff is very nice. But the thing I love about it... It doesnt have the typical foods or combinations as other places. Youknow that when you go there you will get to have something not only great but something that you cant get anywhere else :-)

Pros: Healthy, Yummy, Great Staff
Cons: It is to far away from my house :-(

meshuga
meshuga

Excellent location!

Posted on 07 / 17 / 2009

This trendy restaurant offered a vegan dish that was right on the menu. They even had the forethought to remove cheese from the house salad, even though I'd forgotten to mention it specifically. The rice/veggie dish was complex and tasty, and I left feeling like I definitely got my money's worth. My omnivore husband and young children also left feeling satisfied. In addition to the one vegan dish on the menu, there were a number of clearly marked vegetarian dishes, some of which could have been veganized with some modifications by the cook/chef which he would have been happy to do.

Pros: good for mixed veggie/omni families, attentive wait staff, willingness to modify dishes

Dear Owner and Manager of Mosquito Cafe: