Mo's kleiner Imbiss - The K...

Small bistro offering falafel sandwiches, halloumi, "vegalloumi" (vegan halloumi), falafel cheese burger, different paties and fillings, and sweets as well as some juices and other non-alcoholic drinks. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Middle Eastern, Fast food, Take-out

zbzdoncorleone
zbzdoncorleone

Great falafel!

Posted on 06 / 29 / 2015

Very(!) small little place that sells falafel practically from the kitchen. Almost all items on the menu are available in a vegan variation. Beware: The "Vegalloumi" cheese is merely a cleverly marketing phrase for a piece of slightly fried tofu. That's alright if you like it, but it is really not that special. The rest of the falafel is really awesome, though. Many different herbs and spices, several sauces and lots of deep fried veggies together with really good falafel patties make one of the best falafel rolls I ever had. Highly recommended!

Pros: Interesting spices , Fresh vegetables , Reasonable price
Cons: Serves dairy , Vegan cheese is just tofu
tiki_spanky
tiki_spanky

Great and massive falafel wrap

Posted on 06 / 03 / 2015

Just as I didn't expect a falafel to be able to surprise me anymore, I came across Mo's Imbiss!
The wrap was huge, had an unusual variety of vegetables and herbs in it (such as cauliflower and eggplant in my case, but I heard it changes from time to time) and the falafel balls were perfectly crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. The seasoning was definately extraordinary compared to the common falafel wrap you can get at every other corner of Berlin and hard to describe. Only the vegalloumi was a huge disappointment for me. It looks and tastes pretty much just like fried strips of tofu (which it most likely also just is).
Don't go there if you are in a rush though, as everything is prepared freshly and therefore slowly. My wrap was also not rolled very well, which is why I had to get a plate after eating half of it because it began falling into pieces, but maybe that was just an exception.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday June 03, 2015

Pros: perfect falafel balls, unusual and very tasty seasoning, fresh
Cons: very limited seating outside
jre8995
jre8995

Good

Posted on 04 / 27 / 2014

Not much to add that other's haven't added already - good falafel, made with love and attention.
No english spoken, so choose carefully or go with a german speaker.

VegiKitten
VegiKitten

Great homemade food

Posted on 03 / 22 / 2014

Great homemade falafel wraps. Perfect if you are on the go and want take out.

Pros: Open late, Good value, Good food
Cons: Very small, not much seating
tastebuds
tastebuds

Home made, tasty and filling!

Posted on 09 / 14 / 2013

The experience at Mo's Imbiss is special! The deal is, you have to be very hungry and you will be served a very generous portion for a great price!
You can watch the lady behind the counter preparing your falafel sandwich wrap with the freshest of ingredients.
It's like getting food straight from a family kitchen (prepared by mom or grandma) where someone serves you a tasty and huge portion which will also be healthy at the same time.
If you're a foodie, the small size of the place won't bother you. Definitely give this place a try and you'll want to go back!

MirandaLello
MirandaLello

Best Felafel Roll In The World

Posted on 06 / 16 / 2013

The felafel here is amazing. Particularly the felafel-haloumi and felafel-veghaloumi rolls. So much time taken with each roll - no production line here. Includes delicious eggplant and pickle. Awesome.

Pros: Greatest Felafel, Lots Of Love
Placek
Placek

King of Falafel

Posted on 05 / 12 / 2013

Whenever I am in Berlin I always go to this place. Even though it is a small place, seats are only for 4 people on the inside and another 2-3 on the outside, do not be put off to go there. If the weather is nice it is advised to get one as a take away, walk up north like 300 meters and sit on one of the benches on the bank of the canal and enjoy your delicious sandwich together with a wonderful local beer (Berliner Pilsner recommended :). I have tried a lot of places in Berlin especially in Kreuzberg, Friedrichshain and Neoköln where vegan culture has become really popular and I can say without any doubt you can get the best falafel in this area for sure.
For 3.5 euros you can get a vegan-halumi (cheese used for grilling purposes mainly) falafel combination, stuffed with roasted pepper, mint leaves, peanut sauce, aubergine sauce and all the goodies you can imagine. The pita of the sandwich is thick as well. Everything is prepared in front of your eyes by a lovely old lady. I am not sure if she speaks English, I speak a bit of German so I managed with the order. She does not consume alcohol so it is forbidden to take it in or drink it outside. The soups are really nice too. I like huge portions a lot and at this place I was not disappointed at all. Once I tried a soup and sandwich combo and I could not eat anything for at least 6 hours.
Updated from previous review on Sunday May 12, 2013

Pros: Huge portion, Cheap
Cons: small place
NIlsI
NIlsI

hmmm

Posted on 04 / 08 / 2013

Mo's kleiner Imbiss is a real small one but their falafels are real big in taste! The always use fresh salats, vegetables and have a lot of deliscious pastes. It is fastfood in a lovly slow food way!!
They really want to pleasure you with their food!

Pros: food, price, staff
nnimmersatt
nnimmersatt

Great small location

Posted on 10 / 15 / 2012

I found this place through this page and managed to my way through Berlin to get there. Mo's a really nice old lady who takes her time preparing the meals. I got a lentil-potato-soup which was offered with bread, some salad and falafel. I was completely stuffed after I finished it and it was delicious! Mo also told me that she just finished pressing fresh apple juice so I gave it a try and it was delicious, too. If you get a chance to go there, do it!
I paid for both only 6€ in total and didn't need anything else for the rest of the day. ;-)

Oh and I probably was there at a perfect time of day because I was almost alone. You probably should avoid going there during the normal lunch time, because the place is really small and if you decide to eat there, you might not get a place to sit.

Pros: all handmade, inexpensive, friendly atmosphere
Cons: very small location
Anna Vladi
Anna Vladi

best falafel in town

Posted on 09 / 06 / 2012

I tried probably all falafel in Berlin and can tell you, that this one is one of the best! The place is hold by small family. The lady who prepairs the falafels makes it with love. She always add something special in falafel.
Eventhough there is no really place inside to sit, if the weatehr is nice there is plenty of space to sit ouside.

Pros: taste, price, service
Clafoutis
Clafoutis

Tasty falafel

Posted on 08 / 06 / 2012

Mo's has some great options for veggie/vegans, my family and I shared two falafel and tofu wraps, and two falafel salad plates. Bith were extremely fresh - lots of humous and salad in both. The place itself is just a tiny takeaway but there are chairs and railings outside to sit on, which we did. Only criticism would be that the vegan halloumi that I was so excited for was just tofu, which wasn't too bad because I love tofu!

Pros: Vegan options, Outdoor seating, Tofu
lady_linzi
lady_linzi

Great for stuffing your face

Posted on 05 / 14 / 2012

My boyfriend liked this place so much he went back three times in two days! You get a HUGE falafel sandwich for around 3 to 4 euros, really delicious and the vegan 'halloumi' is yum, it's only deep fried tofu but it's a nice idea. Mo herself is a very busy lady who is continuously working and she fires off a lot of questions about your order in German, which we would have struggled with if some kind German people also ordering hadn't been there to help us out. She makes damn fine falafel though and this place seems to be always busy.

Pros: Yummy! And really filling. , Very cheap.
Cons: Nowhere to sit. , Busy - don't go if you're in a hurry.
webkitten
webkitten

Nothing special

Posted on 05 / 04 / 2012

Good wraps for a good price. I went because of the "vegan halloumi" which is only a quickly fried piece of tofu. Delicious? Yes. Vegan halloumi? No.
Great pile of roasted veggies with fried tofu hits the spot, especially if you have a hangover.

That being said, I wouldn't go out of my way to go again.

Pros: Tasty, Cheap
Cons: only one table
beer and veg
beer and veg

Yum Mo!

Posted on 04 / 30 / 2011

I ate at Mo's ages ago and remembered it as being good. I went back the other day I got the vegahaloumi,or whatever they call it. Wow, that was the best falafel sandwich I have had in ages. The 'haloumi' is just two pieces of lightly fried tofu. I didn't think it added anything to the sandwich, but tasted delicious when I ate it separately. The sandwich contains what I guessed was eggplant, mushrooms, shredded fresh carrot, tomato and rucola. All was tasty and added a whole new dimension to the falafel. The falafel itself was crisp and wonderfully flavoured. I detected a hint of anise. I would argue the falafel itself is the best I have had in this city, and I have eaten A LOT of falafel! The lentil soup and everything else I saw looked good. As I remember, a regular falafel sandwich costs €2.50, a vegan one €3, and the vegan haloumi &falafel €3.50. I have to say, I am a cheapskate and I did not feel ripped off paying €3.50 for this sandwich. Delicious! Highly recommended.

Pros: delicious, good value
Cons: very limited seating
wildfang
wildfang

The best falafel in Berlin.

Posted on 01 / 18 / 2011

This place is absolutely amazing. And it's tiny - if you go there, don't be surprised if you see a bunch of people standing around outside not eating anything - they all have ordered something before you. But a little waiting time will just increase the pleasure when you've actually got your food.
The falafel there are truly delightful and they come in a tasty chapatti-like wrap stuffed with changing fresh salads. You get to choose extra fillings for an extra 50 cents each - the nut paté for instance is delicious. And the portions are big!
I am definitely going to try out the vegan halloumi next time I go there.
You often get a free tea while waiting or together with your food.
And don't forget to pay attention to all the information signs telling you not to stay in for too long as others want to sit down aswell or not to bring any alcohol with you - Mo's does have a very special charm. I warmly recommend experiencing it for yourself.

Pros: delicious food, good portions, Mo

Dear Owner and Manager of Mo's kleiner Imbiss - The King of Falafel: