Serves meat, veg options available. Small, upscale restaurant. Menu changes weekly and is based on locally grown in-season produce. Has a few ovo-lacto veg choices. April 2013 reported no vegan/limited vegan food. Price: Expensive more-less
Ovo, Lacto, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
630 G St
Davis, California 95616
530-792-8066

Call for hours - tell us

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by mutant_pie
rockcita
rockcita

Not a vegan or even vegan friendly place.

Posted on 05 / 26 / 2014

I don't know why this place is on Happy Cow. I've went there three times for either lunch or dinner, and walked out all three times. When I told them I was vegan, they looked at me strangely and said "we can make you a salad or a veggie sandwich". Denny's can do that much and I certainly wouldn't consider them vegan, vegetarian, or even veggie friendly. Besides, a salad or veggie sandwich at Denny's would be a heck of a lot cheaper than at Monticello.

Cons: not vegan, not vegetarian, not veggie friendly
mutant_pie
mutant_pie

Gourmet Quality, Upscale Ambience

Posted on 12 / 16 / 2011

While this is not a vegetarian restaurant, they do offer at least one vegan entrée, several vegetarian ones, and a vegan side. The meals I've had here are excellent in flavor and very good in presentation. And hot food is served hot, cold food cold (one of my peeves when a restaurant gets this wrong). The service is also excellent, and attentive. Tell them you eat a vegan or vegetarian diet, and they will accommodate your needs, and maybe can modify a dish as well. In other words, they care about your experience. Now having said all that, they do charge a moderate-expensive price. And they earn it.

Unlike the restaurants in the center of downtown Davis, this nearby restaurant is in a strip mall that has lots of parking in its' lot.

Pros: Vegan, veg choices, Gourmet Quality, Upscale ambience
Cons: A tad pricey