Serves meat, veg options available. Full vegetarian menu including calavacita fajitas, Puerto Rican bean enchiladas, and calavacitas tacos. Some menu items are either vegan or can be made vegan. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

Evolving
Evolving

Yummy

Posted on 07 / 25 / 2015

Had enchiladas - was realllly good
Rice, tortillas, sopa's all veg

Pros: vegan menu
Cons: not 100% vegan/veg
ASomerville
ASomerville

Meh

Posted on 06 / 16 / 2015

Great, friendly service. They have a separate vegetarian menu, so that's nice. And the red chile is vegan. But the food is pretty mediocre. Not very flavorful at all.

Overall: if your friends and family REALLY want to come here, then you will be able to find a filling vegan meal. But keep your expectations low.

Pros: Friendly staff, Separate veg menu
Cons: Seriously lacking in flavor
WWWrench
WWWrench

NICE FAMILY & FRIENDS RESTAURANT

Posted on 03 / 02 / 2015

I typically eat at Monroe's about 3 times a month for weekend family and friend get togethers. The Vegetarian menu is consistently good and the variety is welcomed as well, plus the rest of the family and friends like it as well. Usually busy in evenings but the service is good. The focus is food and not spirits so it's a good place even for young ones.
One of the best combo restaurant's there is in Albuquerque and the prices are good too!

Pros: Separate Veg. Menu, special requests OK, The patio in the summer is very nice, Reasonable Prices, Good Portions
Cons: Sometimes Very Busy, Closes before 10:00pm

deedeelightful
deedeelightful

Misguided

Posted on 03 / 28 / 2014

Warning: Not all items on the Veggie Alternatives Menu are vegetarian!
I ordered the #6 Veggie Tostadas (Gluten free) for $11.50. The description lists 2 bluecorn tostada shells stuffed with avocado, whole beans, pico de gallo, mozzarella, lettuce and tomato. Served with calavacitas and salsa.
As I have never heard of calavacitas, I asked the server to explain. He said it is a Mexican side dish made with grilled zucchini and squash -- he failed to mention, however, that it is prepared on the same grill used for their meat dishes. I only learned this after discovering a piece of chopped beef mixed in with the calavacita on my Veggie Tostadas plate. While I was not charged for the plate, the server did not seem to understand my concern with cross-contamination in the kitchen. Clearly, this establishment's idea of veggie alternatives is misguided.
Updated from previous review on Thursday March 27, 2014

Cons: menu misleading
KatieBell403
KatieBell403

Messed up order twice

Posted on 02 / 20 / 2014

I am vegan so I ordered something vegetarian with no cheese. The first time I ate one bite, saw cheese and sent it back. The second time, feeling safe, I ate half of it before I realized there was cheese in it again. I hate sending back food so I just ate everything else on my plate. I wanted to like this place but since they can't make food without cheese I will never go back there again!

Cons: service, not vegan friendly
Uneekr4
Uneekr4

Wonderful experience

Posted on 06 / 29 / 2013

The restaurant has a veggie menu offering tacos, fajitas, tostadas, enchiladas, veggie rellano and a veggie burger. The vegetables weren't just the normal peppers and onions but included squash and other veggies. The staff was courteous and accommodating. I would highly recommend this restaurant if you're in the Albuquerque area!

Pros: Different vegetarian options, Food, Service
Cons: Margarita was small and weak

Dear Owner and Manager of Monroe's New Mexican: