Monica's Waterfront Bakery ...

Serves meat, veg options available. Sources local and organic as much as possible. Staff will assist with vegan/veg substitutions. Reported bread contain honey. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, Organic, American, Bakery, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Delivery, Non-veg

Mrs_Rowe
Mrs_Rowe

very few options

Posted on 07 / 16 / 2015

I feel like this shouldn't even be on Happy Cow. There was only one option for a vegan and that was veggies on bread or in a wrap. My sandwich was ok but nothing to write he about.
The menu says there's vegan, vegetarian and gluten free options but when I went to order, a salad or a salad on bread (not gluten free bread) were the options.
Cute place though.

Pros: cute atmosphere , friendly staff
Cons: very limited vegan/vegetarian options
EmilyOh
EmilyOh

Not vegan friendly

Posted on 09 / 17 / 2012

While they did have written "VE=VEGAN" on the menu board, they had zero vegan options available on the menu. When asked, they offered to make a salad. While I give them props for using organic and locally grown produce (I believe that's what I read?) I was very disappointed to drive all that way for a salad, that I could order anywhere. I would not call this vegan friendly. To earn the title, they should have at least one regular vegan item on the menu!!

Pros: organic, local produce
Cons: not vegan

Dear Owner and Manager of Monica's Waterfront Bakery and Cafe: