Mongolian Village East

Serves meat, veg options available. Create your own stir fry and pay by the weight. Has veg choices in protein, veggies, and sauces. You pick the ingredients and give to cooks to grill on a flat wok grill. Tell them you are vegan, and they will cook with different utensils. Price: Moderate more-less
Buffet, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Asian, Non-veg

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by wetcoastchef

Okay...but pricey

Posted on 09 / 20 / 2015

This is a chain restaurant with lots of choices for you to pick from (a definite positive). You will proceed through the buffet and pick your raw options + sauces, before handing your bowl over to the chef to cook it. Vegetarians do receive a 10% discount, so make sure to let your cook know that it is veggie.

Aside from the hit-and-miss customer service, my biggest gripe with this place is the pay-by-weight option. In order to add any flavour to your food you have to add sauce, but this will add weight, and price, to your food (my last bowl of food cost me $23!!). It makes me really miss the fantastic Mongolian BBQs in Vancouver, where they charge you a fixed price for all-you-can-eat, or for one bowl. This said, it's worth a try, just be careful with the weight.

Pros: Choice
Cons: Price, Customer service, Location

Posted on 11 / 28 / 2013

I have been going to the Mongolian Village restaurants for about 5 or more years and they never let me down. The restaurant is very different from other restaurants because YOU select your own food. Start off with a silver bowl and fill it with all the fresh vegetables you like. They have added Felafel which is a very unusual thing to put into a Stir Fry but holy cow! The Felafel adds so much flavour and is now a staple in my Stir Fry. After putting in your vegetables you can add different noodles. Finally, comes the sauce. Don't skimp here because it's what makes the Stir Fry. My favourite is the Thai Peanut sauce, and I add at least 3 scoops of it to my bowl. When you finish making your bowl it gets weighed at a price of $2.69/100 gms, or something like that. Anyway, after the cook writes down the price of the Stir Fry, you go back to you table. You will have your drinks, soup, rice, and Asian wraps all waiting for you. About 10 minutes later the cooks bring out your meal. I forgot to mention that the soup, rice, and wraps are all free and unlimited. You never can leave the Mongolian Village hungry.

Pros: Fresh Vegetables, Hot & Sour Soup, Free Unlimited Soup and Rice
Cons: Veg Soup is hit and miss, Rice is a little over cooked

Dear Owner and Manager of Mongolian Village East: