Part of family-owned organic and natural food store chain with several locations. Offers selections in fresh organic produce, vegetarian and vegan food like soy milk, vegan meals, and more. more-less

First Review by NIBsmf

All organic, friendly and 7% less expensive

4 Posted on 09 / 25 / 2013

in produce, that is. In a local produce check, Mom's was 7% less expensive for organic produce than the chains like "Giant" etc. So don't let those "sales" fool you. Mom's is a nice, clean healthy food store full of all sorts of vegan, raw, gluten-free and veg-friendly items. They do carry meat and real cheese etc, alongside the vegan "cheese." The staff are helpful to a fault, and the only thing they never have is Young Thai coconuts (apparently they don't carry them b/c they can't find organic ones available.) They source loads of local items and some really wonderful finds (think raw, vegan, gluten-free awesome chocolate!) Prepared foods from local restaurants and all the best raw/vegan treats are here, as well as lots of things you'd find in a regular grocery store. 10 cents off for every reusable bag, and they even have a place to juice up your electric car. Things that might improve are more variety in veggies, better organization of items, and many many more condiments! It's the best market of its kind in this area.

Pros: Locally sourced organic/raw/etc, Wonderfully friendly staff, Amazing organic produce/prices
Cons: disorganized, no young Thai coconuts!, too many supplements etc

MOM'S

4 Posted on 03 / 27 / 2013

I went for the first time a week ago. I loved the market. I found a lot of great deals and sale items. Loved that they had decent vegan desserts, better than wholefoods. They had vegan items I have never seen before. I am definitely a FAN!!!

Pros: LOCALE, friendly, selection

I Quite Like It

4 Posted on 01 / 22 / 2013

I find that MOM's is much cheaper than Whole Foods in general, but like most "specialty" stores I find that it's still much more expensive than just shopping at a standard grocery store. I tend to go to MOM's when I need special vegan food (e.g. their Gardein, Amy's, Tofurkey, and other big brands tend to be cheaper than Whole Foods and have more variety than somewhere like a standard grocery store). In addition to having a great food selection, they have a great body care selection. Oh, and another thing that I love about it: ALL of the produce is organic! So, no having to look through to find which items are organic. I also love that workers help you to your car with your bags... makes me feel rich and spoiled (which I am so not!).

Pros: Great selection, Reasonable prices for many things, Friendly staff and environment
Cons: More expensive than standard stores

Dear Owner and Manager of MOM's Organic Market: