Cozy organic vegan-vegetarian eatery specializing in dumplings inspired by the Nepalese momo, a typical Himalayan street food. Dumplings may be ordered steamed, pan-fried, or served in broth as momo soup. Everything is made in-house with organic ingredients. Also serving fresh juices. Eco-friendly recycable packaging is used for takeaway orders. Since Apr 2013. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, Juice bar, Take-out, Fusion, Nepalese
Fehrbelliner Strasse 5 (Schonhauser Allee)
Berlin, Germany 10119

jennyc32
jennyc32

Fantastic dumplings

Posted on 02 / 09 / 2016

We had a large plate of 18 dumplings for 10 euros: a choice of three dumplings (there are 4 vegan varieties) and 2 dips (there are only 2 vegan ones, so that's perfect). You can choose them steamed or fried - we went for fried, and they were perfect, really crispy and delicious. All the fillings were good, though the spicy ones were our favourite. It's quite a small place, though there is outside seating too. Service was very friendly. Be aware that there is no toilet!

Pros: Great dumplings, Excellent vegan options, Reasonably priced
vh089
vh089

Great food, value, and v. fun wait staff

Posted on 01 / 23 / 2016

There are four flavors of vegan momos and two vegan sauces, and they're all dope. You can also get fresh juice/tea/beer here. Everything is super delicious and a good value (8 momos for 5 euros). The vibe is casual, and they have free wifi, but if you plan on staying for a bit to work on your computer, go at lunch, when they're less busy.

Pros: delicious, cheap, good service
Cons: a little tight for big groups
scott-white
scott-white

Delicious lunch!

Posted on 11 / 21 / 2015

I went here with a few friends (one veggie and two omnivores) after reading all the great reviews and we weren't disappointed. We shared a large mixed platter of 36 vegetarian & vegan dumpling between the three of us, though we could've easily shared it with four people. The hot steamed and fried dumplings were the perfect warmer on a cold day. They also had freshly made juice and an assortment of delicious tea.

Pros: All vegetarian, plenty of vegan options., Friendly staff.

MiriamAshburner

Doro*
Doro*

Really tasty, helpful staff

Posted on 10 / 20 / 2015

I went there on a trip to Berlin. It was around 2 or 3 in the afternoon and the place was empty (in the beginning) - which is surprising as the food is really good there!
The vegan dishes are clearly marked and also the guy behind the counter was helpful and explained their "system" to me. You can chose between different sizes, fillings and dips.
I had some pumpkin-chickpea and shitake-tofu momos.. re really good!
Can recommend the place!
They had seating outside as well, so it must be nice to sit there on warm days. (The inside was cozy as well
Updated from previous review on Tuesday October 20, 2015

Pros: Tasty, not too heavy food, Helpful staff
ahleetche
ahleetche

Tasty and cheap!

Posted on 10 / 14 / 2015

I went there with my mum while on holiday in Berlin as I'd read about it on some websites and I was curious to try out these dumplings. The place is tiny but we got there at 6:30pm and there was just another group there. We ordered the shared plate, 24 momos - both steamed and panfried, all kinds of fillings and the 3 sauces. I'm a vegetarian so I tried them all but it was lovely to see that 4 out of 6 fillings were vegan! I ate more than my mother did cause she's weak and I was hungry. :D We spent about €20 in total (beverages incl) and left with a full belly. I would love to go back!

Pros: very cheap, filling, all vegetarian and organic
Cons: not for big groups
jespernohr
jespernohr

Friendly staff and great food

Posted on 09 / 07 / 2015

Dived into momos to avoid the rain. I was the only one there and the staff was so kind to make a mix of their options, despite I was ordering only a small portion.

The food was great and I walked out with a very full stomach.

Pros: excellent food, good value, friendly staff
thenaturalfusions
thenaturalfusions

yummy !

Posted on 09 / 02 / 2015

went there during a vegan meetup in Berlin.
quite affordable and tasty momos.
The owners were nice and travelers' spirit which is awesome.

hungrymonster
hungrymonster

Momos

Posted on 08 / 30 / 2015

The restaurant is really cosy, quite affordable and tasty!
There are actually more vegan options than non-vegan ones. The staff is friendly, the only downside might be that there aren't many tables but when I was there everyone still found a place to sit down.

Pros: tasty, affordable, vegan options
chargrilledcharlie
chargrilledcharlie

Super Tasty!

Posted on 08 / 23 / 2015

Momos!! You should gogo to momos!! The guy working was super lovely and amazing because he was the only one working and it was still super great!! Tried each of the vegan ones and they're all super and affordable! Also the desert momos were incredible!

Pros: Heaps of vegan options , super yummy, lovely staff
dagny70
dagny70

Posted on 08 / 16 / 2015

What a lovely little place this is. Quite a simple concept: you order the amount of dumplings you want, which dictates how many different fillings and dips you can have. The dumplings are delicious, we went twice because the were so good. We tried the sweet chilli and soy dipping sauces, and the sweet potato filling was one of our favourites. Fresh juices are also tasty. Very small establishment, but we were there in the summer so sat outside. Friendly, pleasant staff, great food, and very inexpensive.

Pros: Excellent food, Great value, Friendly staff
Cons: No toilets, Small establishment
ElenaBre
ElenaBre

Amazing place

Posted on 07 / 20 / 2015

I loved this place. There are four kinds of vegan dumplings and two vegan sauces and they are clearly marked on the menu. The dumplings I tried were very tasty and the place is cozy and relaxed.

CayceP
CayceP

Great dumplings!

Posted on 06 / 17 / 2015

Very tasty dumplings. The vegan options are clearly marked on the menu.

SpaceBunny
SpaceBunny

small, cosy and tasty

Posted on 06 / 05 / 2015

At the time of our visit we were served by a most friendly staff member. The food was excellent and the surroundings tranquil. We met alot of friendly people enjoying Momos drinks while seated opposite of a beutiful church. A pleasant experience.

Pros: fast service, tasty food, organic
Cons: not many seats
Egil
Egil

friendly

Posted on 05 / 08 / 2015

The dumplings are okay. If you are vegan, please check with waiter as it's not clear from the menu.

herrF

Dear valued guest, thank you for eating at our dumpling eatery. We are very sorry to hear that you did not notice the green 'V' sign which is placed by us behind every vegan item on the menu - on the calkboard as well as on our printed menu which also can be found on our website. In Germany it is common to mark items on the menu this way to make vegans aware of all plantbased dishes.
    I hope you have a great time in Berlin exploring the rich variety of vegan offerings in the city. All the best, Martin from momos.

grips28
grips28

**ORGANIC** Dumplings and other little things

Posted on 03 / 14 / 2015

very nice, cute "restaurant". good offer of dumplings! vegan or vegetarian.
enough for a snack or as well lunch!
the best: It's Organic food! one of these few few locations/restaurants!

the stuff is very very nice!
only thing i suggest to try to make the dough a little bit thinner ... (of course this is a matter of taste, but maybe not too bad for taste of the filling).

anyway it gorgeous.
fair prices!
Go for it!

Pros: preis/performance is fair, very nice, tasty
Cons: no toilet
MOCHE
MOCHE

delicious vegetarian/vegan momos

Posted on 02 / 04 / 2015

tiny place,but really delicious steamed/fried panned momos.

CeciliaTegner
CeciliaTegner

You can never have too many

Posted on 12 / 20 / 2014

Came for lunch. Had the MomoExperience: 32 dumplings, 4 different kinds, half fried, half steamed. Super tasty! Just enough to share between two hungry vegans.

Pros: Great service, Interesting dumpling combos, Great value!
Cons: Few tables/small space, Only 2 vegan sauces
Plantpower
Plantpower

Good selection, yummy, fast

Posted on 12 / 10 / 2014

Was there for lunch with 2 omni friends and we all loved the food. We shared the mixed momos - boiled & fried - and I also had a small quinoa salad. Was all very fast and yummy. Friendly staff.

Pros: good selection, fast, yummy
arthursgrub
arthursgrub

Small. Different But Very Nice

Posted on 11 / 29 / 2014

Very small with only maybe 12 seats inside but the dumplings were lovely and something quite different. Staff couldn't have been better. English was good too.

Pros: Dumplings , Staff , Clean
Cons: Only Dumplings Really
NotBuyingIt!
NotBuyingIt!

Different experience

Posted on 10 / 03 / 2014

I never tried Napalese food before, so this was an experience! I think I expected a slightly different palate... I found the ingredients to be fresh, the flavours very mild and subtle. I may have been surprised because I thought the flavours of Napalese food might be similar to Indian or Thai food, but this was more along the lines of something slightly less spiced than yogi/Krishna food (which I like) or slightly more aligned with the flavours of macrobiotic cuisine (a little less spiced than I like). The place itself is cute and pleaseant. The menu is equiped with a nice range in variety. The staff were really nice too! Not really my taste in food, but a pleasant experience overall :)

Pros: Fresh ingredients, Good variety, Nice staff and place
Vegtravel4
Vegtravel4

tasty little dumplings

Posted on 09 / 29 / 2014

All vegan options clearly marked; english menu available. Not a huge menu but it's a fun afternoon snack. I wouldn't say they're particularly filling, but I like this space and the dumplings a lot! Staff is very nice and helpful. I love that it's across from this super old, beautiful church.

Pros: english menu , vegan options clearly marked, lovely neighborhood
Sabino
Sabino

Posted on 08 / 19 / 2014

Went there today with a friend an we both really enjoyed the food and the atmosphere! It's a nice little cosy place with friendly staff. On my next visit to Berlin I'll definitely come back and try the other "Momos"!

Heymilly
Heymilly

Yum!

Posted on 07 / 18 / 2014

Great food and a great atmosphere. Helpful staff who took the time to explain things to customers. English and German menu. I will be back!

Pros: Great food, Amazing service, Indoor and outdoor seating
J-Veg
J-Veg

Delicious dumplings!

Posted on 04 / 21 / 2014

Delicious, fresh Nepalese dumplings. Most of the fillings and dips are vegan and everything is freshly prepared.

Highly recommended!

angdep
angdep

Yummy Dumplings

Posted on 12 / 26 / 2013

My husband and I had the best pumpkin/ginger soup there to start with, and the dumplings were just delicious. I love that they were steamed and not fried. We will definitely go back. The price wasn't bad; the owner is friendly, and it seems they are planning to expand their menu and make the dumplings even bigger. This place is definitely worth trying. It's hard to find a dumpling house that is all organic and uses fresh, good quality ingredients. Kudos to the owners for doing an awesome job.

Pros: Excellent food, Good value, Friendly owner
Cons: Limited seatings
losthighway
losthighway

A nice change

Posted on 11 / 17 / 2013

This place gets points for being fairly unique on the veg landscape of Berlin.

The food is quite good - unfortunately not amazing. But I think it's fairly priced and it's very refreshing to have something other than the usual bio cafe, veg fast food, etc.

Pros: Unique, Well priced
Cons: Good food, but not excellent
kulwant
kulwant

Decent food and good price

Posted on 08 / 20 / 2013

It's located in a peaceful place and near the subway.

Grilled dumplings were missing more flavor but the soup with tofu dumplings was really good.

Pros: Decent food, good price
Cons: Limited offer
pronk420
pronk420

Awesome

Posted on 08 / 11 / 2013

Really nice food, very tasty and great friendly service.

Jenerator
Jenerator

What a treat! Don't miss it!

Posted on 07 / 01 / 2013

This is a small, personally-run restaurant is operated by two men with a passion for wholesome, local, freshly-prepared, vegetarian food. The food is mostly dumplings, but there was a nice cabbage salad, and there were both vegan and vegetarian options for the dumplings. All of the dumplings were amazing, and the price was fair. Try the dessert dumplings! You won't regret it! This was a nice treat, and it was in an interesting part of town. It is not a fancy place. It is a neighborhood restaurant.

Pros: soy free options, vegan and veg, fresh ingredients
wildfang
wildfang

Very tasty food experience

Posted on 06 / 29 / 2013

I had never had momos before so I was looking forward to an interesting new food exprience. I wasn't disappointed. My partner and I shared a big (27 momos) vegan platter with three dips and a momos soup as well as sweet momos with maple leaf sirup for dessert and were absolutely convinced with the taste. The two owners were very busy (we got there during rush hour) yet remained totally relaxed and happy and created a very welcoming, warm atmosphere.
Prices are a little high, given that a handful of momos doesn't fill you up that much. But that's Prenzlauer Berg prices, I guess.
When I'm in the area, I'm sure to go back to momos.

Pros: very tasty, friendly staff, good atmosphere
Cons: slightly small portions
wiebkewie
wiebkewie

Posted on 06 / 01 / 2013

Momos is just off busy Schönhauser Allee on a quiet & beautiful street. Loved their colorful & delicious dumplings with spicy dip. Super nice guys running the shop, tasty food!

herrF

organic vegetarian dumplings...yummy! :)

Posted on 05 / 15 / 2013

Momos is a tiny and cosy eatery serving tasty vegetarian dumplings. Actually most of them are vegan too! It's located in a side street with leafy trees just of busy Schoenhauser Strasse. Really nice :)

Pros: outdoor seating, friendly staff, good music

Dear Owner and Manager of Momos:

Thank you for being a Plus FRIEND supporter.

There are more ways to promote your business on HappyCow, including:

1. Advertise your large, custom banner on the Berlin page, or any other regional page
  2. Upgrade to Premium FRIEND status to get a Spotlight Feature in HappyCow's popular e-Newsletter, MooZine. You'll also get generous discounts on any additional advertising

Please email us if you have questions, or to get started today!

Last updated: 2014/07/04