Cozy organic vegan-vegetarian eatery specializing in dumplings inspired by the Nepalese momo, a typical Himalayan street food. Dumplings may be ordered steamed, pan-fried, or served in broth as momo soup. Everything is made in-house with organic ingredients. Also serving fresh juices. Eco-friendly recycable packaging is used for takeaway orders. Since Apr 2013. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, Nepalese, Fusion, Juice bar, Take-out
Fehrbelliner Strasse 5 (Schonhauser Allee)
Berlin, Germany 10119

Mon-Sat 12:00pm-9:00pm

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by herrF
CayceP
CayceP

Great dumplings!

Posted on 06 / 17 / 2015

Very tasty dumplings. The vegan options are clearly marked on the menu.

SpaceBunny
SpaceBunny

small, cosy and tasty

Posted on 06 / 05 / 2015

At the time of our visit we were served by a most friendly staff member. The food was excellent and the surroundings tranquil. We met alot of friendly people enjoying Momos drinks while seated opposite of a beutiful church. A pleasant experience.

Pros: fast service, tasty food, organic
Cons: not many seats
Egil
Egil

friendly

Posted on 05 / 08 / 2015

The dumplings are okay. If you are vegan, please check with waiter as it's not clear from the menu.

• herrF herrF

Dear valued guest, thank you for eating at our dumpling eatery. We are very sorry to hear that you did not notice the green 'V' sign which is placed by us behind every vegan item on the menu - on the calkboard as well as on our printed menu which also can be found on our website. In Germany it is common to mark items on the menu this way to make vegans aware of all plantbased dishes.
    I hope you have a great time in Berlin exploring the rich variety of vegan offerings in the city. All the best, Martin from momos.

grips28
grips28

**ORGANIC** Dumplings and other little things

Posted on 03 / 14 / 2015

very nice, cute "restaurant". good offer of dumplings! vegan or vegetarian.
enough for a snack or as well lunch!
the best: It's Organic food! one of these few few locations/restaurants!

the stuff is very very nice!
only thing i suggest to try to make the dough a little bit thinner ... (of course this is a matter of taste, but maybe not too bad for taste of the filling).

anyway it gorgeous.
fair prices!
Go for it!

Pros: preis/performance is fair, very nice, tasty
Cons: no toilet
MOCHE
MOCHE

delicious vegetarian/vegan momos

Posted on 02 / 04 / 2015

tiny place,but really delicious steamed/fried panned momos.

CeciliaTegner
CeciliaTegner

You can never have too many

Posted on 12 / 20 / 2014

Came for lunch. Had the MomoExperience: 32 dumplings, 4 different kinds, half fried, half steamed. Super tasty! Just enough to share between two hungry vegans.

Pros: Great service, Interesting dumpling combos, Great value!
Cons: Few tables/small space, Only 2 vegan sauces
Plantpower
Plantpower

Good selection, yummy, fast

Posted on 12 / 10 / 2014

Was there for lunch with 2 omni friends and we all loved the food. We shared the mixed momos - boiled & fried - and I also had a small quinoa salad. Was all very fast and yummy. Friendly staff.

Pros: good selection, fast, yummy
arthursgrub
arthursgrub

Small. Different But Very Nice

Posted on 11 / 29 / 2014

Very small with only maybe 12 seats inside but the dumplings were lovely and something quite different. Staff couldn't have been better. English was good too.

Pros: Dumplings , Staff , Clean
Cons: Only Dumplings Really
NotBuyingIt!
NotBuyingIt!

Different experience

Posted on 10 / 03 / 2014

I never tried Napalese food before, so this was an experience! I think I expected a slightly different palate... I found the ingredients to be fresh, the flavours very mild and subtle. I may have been surprised because I thought the flavours of Napalese food might be similar to Indian or Thai food, but this was more along the lines of something slightly less spiced than yogi/Krishna food (which I like) or slightly more aligned with the flavours of macrobiotic cuisine (a little less spiced than I like). The place itself is cute and pleaseant. The menu is equiped with a nice range in variety. The staff were really nice too! Not really my taste in food, but a pleasant experience overall :)

Pros: Fresh ingredients, Good variety, Nice staff and place
Vegtravel4
Vegtravel4

tasty little dumplings

Posted on 09 / 29 / 2014

All vegan options clearly marked; english menu available. Not a huge menu but it's a fun afternoon snack. I wouldn't say they're particularly filling, but I like this space and the dumplings a lot! Staff is very nice and helpful. I love that it's across from this super old, beautiful church.

Pros: english menu , vegan options clearly marked, lovely neighborhood
Sabino
Sabino

Delicious!

Posted on 08 / 19 / 2014

Went there today with a friend an we both really enjoyed the food and the atmosphere! It's a nice little cosy place with friendly staff. On my next visit to Berlin I'll definitely come back and try the other "Momos"!

Heymilly
Heymilly

Yum!

Posted on 07 / 18 / 2014

Great food and a great atmosphere. Helpful staff who took the time to explain things to customers. English and German menu. I will be back!

Pros: Great food, Amazing service, Indoor and outdoor seating
J-Veg
J-Veg

Delicious dumplings!

Posted on 04 / 21 / 2014

Delicious, fresh Nepalese dumplings. Most of the fillings and dips are vegan and everything is freshly prepared.

Highly recommended!

angdep
angdep

Yummy Dumplings

Posted on 12 / 26 / 2013

My husband and I had the best pumpkin/ginger soup there to start with, and the dumplings were just delicious. I love that they were steamed and not fried. We will definitely go back. The price wasn't bad; the owner is friendly, and it seems they are planning to expand their menu and make the dumplings even bigger. This place is definitely worth trying. It's hard to find a dumpling house that is all organic and uses fresh, good quality ingredients. Kudos to the owners for doing an awesome job.

Pros: Excellent food, Good value, Friendly owner
Cons: Limited seatings
losthighway
losthighway

A nice change

Posted on 11 / 17 / 2013

This place gets points for being fairly unique on the veg landscape of Berlin.

The food is quite good - unfortunately not amazing. But I think it's fairly priced and it's very refreshing to have something other than the usual bio cafe, veg fast food, etc.

Pros: Unique, Well priced
Cons: Good food, but not excellent
kulwant
kulwant

Decent food and good price

Posted on 08 / 20 / 2013

It's located in a peaceful place and near the subway.

Grilled dumplings were missing more flavor but the soup with tofu dumplings was really good.

Pros: Decent food, good price
Cons: Limited offer
pronk420
pronk420

Awesome

Posted on 08 / 11 / 2013

Really nice food, very tasty and great friendly service.

Jenerator
Jenerator

What a treat! Don't miss it!

Posted on 07 / 01 / 2013

This is a small, personally-run restaurant is operated by two men with a passion for wholesome, local, freshly-prepared, vegetarian food. The food is mostly dumplings, but there was a nice cabbage salad, and there were both vegan and vegetarian options for the dumplings. All of the dumplings were amazing, and the price was fair. Try the dessert dumplings! You won't regret it! This was a nice treat, and it was in an interesting part of town. It is not a fancy place. It is a neighborhood restaurant.

Pros: soy free options, vegan and veg, fresh ingredients
wildfang
wildfang

Very tasty food experience

Posted on 06 / 29 / 2013

I had never had momos before so I was looking forward to an interesting new food exprience. I wasn't disappointed. My partner and I shared a big (27 momos) vegan platter with three dips and a momos soup as well as sweet momos with maple leaf sirup for dessert and were absolutely convinced with the taste. The two owners were very busy (we got there during rush hour) yet remained totally relaxed and happy and created a very welcoming, warm atmosphere.
Prices are a little high, given that a handful of momos doesn't fill you up that much. But that's Prenzlauer Berg prices, I guess.
When I'm in the area, I'm sure to go back to momos.

Pros: very tasty, friendly staff, good atmosphere
Cons: slightly small portions
wiebkewie
wiebkewie

Delicious!

Posted on 06 / 01 / 2013

Momos is just off busy Schönhauser Allee on a quiet & beautiful street. Loved their colorful & delicious dumplings with spicy dip. Super nice guys running the shop, tasty food!

herrF
herrF

organic vegetarian dumplings...yummy! :)

Posted on 05 / 15 / 2013

Momos is a tiny and cosy eatery serving tasty vegetarian dumplings. Actually most of them are vegan too! It's located in a side street with leafy trees just of busy Schoenhauser Strasse. Really nice :)

Pros: outdoor seating, friendly staff, good music

Dear Owner and Manager of Momos:

Thank you for being a Plus FRIEND supporter.

There are more ways to promote your business on HappyCow, including:

1. Advertise your large, custom banner on the Berlin page, or any other regional page
  2. Upgrade to Premium FRIEND status to get a Spotlight Feature in HappyCow's popular e-Newsletter, MooZine. You'll also get generous discounts on any additional advertising

Please email us if you have questions, or to get started today!

Last updated: 2014/07/04