Serves meat, veg options available. A warm and friendly cafe serving breakfast and lunch. Located within Organic Feast, an organic grocery store. Serves primarily vegetarian food with plenty of options for vegans. Raw and gluten free available. Has a juice bar. Makes vegan salads daily in-house. Desserts include brownies, pecan pie and raspberry cheesecake (all raw, vegan and gluten free). Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Raw, Gluten free, Organic, Western, Indian, Juice bar, Salad bar, Take-out, Non-veg
10 William Street (Lawes Street)
East Maitland, New South Wales 2323

Open Mon-Fri 8am-4pm, Sat 8am-2pm, closed Sun.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by amalala
JayBeeGeeBee
JayBeeGeeBee

Unexpected quality find.

4 Posted on 06 / 30 / 2013

I found Momo Wholefood on HappyCow as the only listing in the Maitland/Hunter area. They offer a fantastic vibe, lovely service and pure/delicious vegetarian food.

Both my visits I've had the salad plate mix(can't go past the colours!), which is filling and so tasty. The daily specials look great, everything is so professionally presented and appealing.

Coffee, great chai and a range of innovative other drinks make the menu complete. The juices are fresh and intense in flavour. Homemade almond milk too. Lots of vegan options.

The raw vegan dessert slices were mind-blowing - a had the caramel slice and a lime slice. My staunchly Omni BF loved everything too.

Plus the location in the Organic Feast shop means you have a Vego paradise! That place is fantastic.

They do serve meat, but you can tell that everything is prepped separately, the staff really know what they are doing and this comes through in the quality of the food.

Pros: Many vegan options, Amazing raw desserts, Delicious drinks and main meals.
Cons: Serves some meat.
amalala
amalala

Best place for veg and vegan options in the Hunter

4 Posted on 03 / 18 / 2012

I have to be honest straight up and say that I am the owner of the business, so my review may be a little biased... but I am also a vegetarian and have been one for 20 years - so I know what it is like to be a vegetarian looking for great places to eat...
At Momo we are not 100% vegetarian - but we serve primarily vegetarian food, and also cover a lot of options for vegans as well. We are conscious of the needs of vegetarian/vegan diners. (Any meat that we do serve has been ethically farmed on local organic farms and we know the owners and how they have raised the animals.
Popular options are our felafel and salad plates.. a vegan, gluten free felafel served with our daily salads - 4 fresh organic vegan salads that change daily.
Our vegetarian curries are also a popular choice and we also sell Byron Bay vegan and veg pies.
In desserts we cater for vegan options with our delicious raw sweets - brownies, lemon tarts, raspberry cheesecakes and more... all of which are pure vegan, 100% organic and completely raw.
You would be hard pressed to find any restaurant in the Newcastle/Hunter area that caters for veg and vegans to the level that we do at Momo and I am certain that you will love our food..

Pros: organic + delicious, friendly, great value
Cons: closed sundays, only friday night dinners

Dear Owner and Manager of Momo Wholefood: