Mostly vegan - no meat, fish, eggs, canned or chemically preserved food, or microwaves. Try the Tibetan dumplings Momo, South Indian pancake, masala dosa, vegan 3 grains pancakes, vegan cakes and desserts. Kazimierz is a cultural quarter near old town. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, Indian, International, Take-out
49 Dietla Street, Kazimierz, Kraków, Małopolska (between Krakowska and Bozego Ciala)
Krakow, Poland 31-054
+48-609685775

Open daily 11.00-20.00.

First Review by Stevie

Our Krakow favourit

5 Posted on 05 / 03 / 2014

We have visited this restaurant twice and tried soups, salads and also two specialties. We really enjoyed all of the food served. Daily offer is a pretty good food for a good price.
Most of the food is vegan (visibly signed).

Pros: Meal taste, Prices, Personal
Cons: Cash only

my personal number 1 in krakow

5 Posted on 03 / 25 / 2014

ive been visiting krakow just for a week and trying to visit all the vegan spots. momo was the very first and so far the best (been already to 4 other places). nice busy tasty and fast! great choice (especially GF!) cheap and freidnly. i had rice with curry and was offered to have also some spinach. also had a fresh carrot juice. all in all great - a place to go back. they also offer a small 1/2 portion - cheap and perfect if you want a variety of food (soup main course dessert - my plan for the next time!)

Pros: tasty food , good value, friendly staff

Mixed feelings

3 Posted on 02 / 11 / 2014

When I was living in the district of Kazimierz two years ago, I popped in there once or twice and I have quite ambiguous feelings about this place.

It's spacious (not crammed like most vegetarian bars in Poland), the interior is likeable, all in all a nice place to hang around. Unfortunately, the food doesn't match up. The ideas behind some of the dishes are sophisticated, but they're not as delicious as they sound. Serving sizes are also quite small - you'll get twice as much food (and better food) for less money in other places like this.

Pros: good location, nice interior
Cons: a bit overpriced, mediocre food

Wonderful Vegan/Vegetarian in Kazimierz

5 Posted on 12 / 08 / 2013

If u r in Kazimierz district of Kreakow - go 4 it. Their Tibetan dumplings have an amazing taste. We really enjoyed this Restaurant. Kazimierz is full of restaurants 4 carnivores - not our peace of cake. This one is an Oasis 4 Vegans - Vegetarians
In proximity to Kazimierz center

Pros: Uniqueness, Great Taste, In proximity to Kazimierz center
Cons: Takes a while to get some of the dished

Bland food, canned beans

2 Posted on 11 / 28 / 2013

Several reviewers already mentioned bland tasting food and the reason is very simple, food is not really fresh.

Large white beans in a salad looked like they came out of a can. I asked a girl serving food and she assured me that it was freshly cooked. I took the salad and the beans tasted lifeless and bland, definitely out of a can. I asked the girl again if she is sure it was not out of a can. And she again told me they are freshly cooked.

I also took dosas and potato filling was bland, apparently potatoes were cooked in the morning, several hours before being served.

Unfortunately, bland food like this is served in every vegetarian restaurant I visited in Krakow. The only difference that some other restaurants admit using canned beans and Momo claims on its Web site that they do not use canned food, still uses it and personnel misinforms clients on this point.

I am no longer astonished that people write glamorous reviews for such restaurants, with European bad attitude to food, they probably never tried anything better and sincerely think that this is how food should taste.

Pros: Vegetarian
Cons: Canned beans, Potatoes cooked hours before served

Momo Momentous

5 Posted on 09 / 22 / 2013

Momo is one of the best vegetarian restaurants I have ever been to- We went there 4 times in 2 days, and were upset we couldn't squeeze in another trip before our train (we even went and got a takeaway lunch from them before a daytrip, knowing that we wouldn't be able to find anything we could eat (gluten-free vegos) there!). Everything is marked as gluten-free or vegan (which was so helpful- we're both Celiacs and were having a hard time around Eastern Europe with this!).
The staff are friendly, the food is all fresh, and there is a lot of choice from their cabinet (you can see all the salads and cold dishes out to choose from).
We had the Thali, one day with brown rice and the other with buckwheat, both days with 3 really well done hot dishes (black beans, daal, a roasted vegie mix, a spinach curry ...), and also had the masala dosa- everything was always amazing. The menu changes daily. The Thali was 17, Masala Dosa was 17, or you can get a small plate for 12 with 4 choices of the hot and cold dishes, or 17 for 6 dishes.
Also, they have a mean cup of chai, and always are playing cool music. Winning.

Pros: Delicious, Atmosphere, Inexpensive
Cons: That there isn't a Momo in my city

Good food, great dosa

4 Posted on 08 / 25 / 2013

Had a quick afternoon lunch here and very much enjoyed their dosa. Good sized portion as well. Also had one of thier lemonades which was nice and refreshing.

Good choice

4 Posted on 08 / 22 / 2013

The staff is very friendly, is fluent and English and they offer a lot of vegan dishes (English menu is offered). Inexpensive, but some dishes can be quite small for the price. But still a good choice.

Pros: fresh and organic, almost vegan
Cons: dishes can be small, no free wifi

Always a good choice

5 Posted on 08 / 13 / 2013

You can't do anything wrong by going to Momo. Nice atmosphere, friendly staff, economy-priced and very reasonable food, without a doubt. Also you have a lot of posters and flyers which links to vegetarian stuff, you might be interested in.

Nice Place, Great Food, Not so great Service

4 Posted on 06 / 04 / 2013

I was really immpressed by the amount of choices for vegan food. It was delicious and had soy milk so I could order coffee. The woman behind the counter was rude. She acted like I was stupid and she was so busy when she wasnt. Didnt like the attitude but the food was worth it.

Pros: Great food, Good selection
Cons: Rude service

A bit sombre

4 Posted on 09 / 24 / 2012

We went to Momo for lunch last week, the food was quite tasty but slightly unexciting, I had the masala dosa which was quite nice, my friend had the Tibetan dumplings which tasted to me bland, but to her nice.
The lassis were lovely and spicy. Friendly staff but it all took itself a little too seriously and no one seemed to be having fun.

Pros: Clean, excellent prices-ask for English menu , quite imaginative
Cons: a bit sombre

Beautiful Vegan Food in Krakow

5 Posted on 09 / 01 / 2012

Delicious food- really really delicious and great choice. The only place in Krakow that has a proper vegan menu- rather than asking the people at other vegetarian restaurants what IS vegan or what CAN be veganised.
Very friendly staff and exceptionally cheap compared to ie-UK, US or AUS vegan restaurant prices.
Go there every day!!!!

Pros: Excellent food, Healthy cuisine, Amazing value

Delicious dumplings

4 Posted on 08 / 05 / 2012

Really good food and nice atmosphere. Plenty of salads and some delicious Indian and Nepalese dishes. Been there twice and not seen anything that wasn't vegan.

tons of vegan options

5 Posted on 06 / 20 / 2012

I was pleased to read that every main course offered was vegan. I ordered the thali and it was good, filling. The highlight of my meal, however, was the chocolate carrot cake. It was moist and chocolatey and everything you'd want from a vegan cake! I highly recommend this restaurant.

Pros: chocolate carrot cake, inexpensive

Good Vegan Option

4 Posted on 05 / 30 / 2012

During the 5 days I was in Krakow, I ate something at Momo nearly every day, as I'm close to vegan.

The soup (an Indian soup) was very good. The salads tended to be heavy on the cabbage and beets, but were very tasty. There were no salads with lettuce, romaine, or other green leafy vegetables, as I'm used to.

I also ordered the Thali, which I found to be very good. Many peopled ordered the Indian pancakes, which looked delicious, but I didn't order them as I'm not particularly fond of pancakes. From what I observed, Momo's is frequented by locals - probably more than by tourists - which I'd say is a good sign. Momo's has an English menu which I found helpful. Their staff/service tended to be erratic. Twice I waited nearly 5 minutes for a staff person to appear from behind the kitchen curtain to serve me.

Overall, I'd say Momo's is a good choice for vegans. The food is organic and hearty and their vegan deserts are magnificent.

Pros: Hearty organic food, reasonably priced, great vegan deserts
Cons: Lack of variety on menu (heavily Indian), Salads were heavy on cabbage and beets, Occasionally slow service

...

5 Posted on 05 / 10 / 2012

the staff is incredibly friendly, and the food has always been good. i've spent over a week in krakow, on two different occasions, and this is my favorite place to eat. i feel like they have more vegan options than any other restaurant in town.

Pros: friendly staff, tasty food, good location
Cons: not all vegan

Almost very good

3 Posted on 10 / 23 / 2011

Was nice, had an English menu, the girl spoke good English and most things were vegan but my meal came out a bit cold, if it was hot it would have been delicious.

Pros: English menu, English spoken, Mostly vegan
Cons: Food was just warm

Average

3 Posted on 12 / 30 / 2010

I agree with the previous reviews that the momos were pleasant, the staff was very helpful and friendly, and its certainly nice to have a mainly vegan restaurant in meaty-Krakow but saying that the food is excellent is a bit of an overstatement. I had the thali (which was nothing like an Indian thali). It was warm, filling and healthy but it was also very bland. It's worth eating at but could use a bit more spice/flavor.

Pros: lots of vegan options, large portions, affordable
Cons: kind of bland, out of many of the menu items

Veg-friendly Kraków

3 Posted on 10 / 14 / 2010

I found Krakow to be surprisingly veg-friendly and Momo certainly contributed to this. Recommended by the Lonely Planet guide and with a menu fully translated into English, it was easy to make up our minds and get ready to enjoy a vegan lunch. Apart from the dumplings, which were not what we expected, everything else was tasty and filling. Pay a visit to Momo if you're in Krakow, it's worth it.

best in krackow

5 Posted on 09 / 15 / 2010

excellent food especially the momo, clearly marked vegan, english speaking, amazingly cheap, vegan cake, quick service what more could you want. Defintely the best place in Krakow for vegans, healthy but tasty

Pros: delicious food, cheap, easy to find

Go go Momo

4 Posted on 07 / 06 / 2010

Superb place in Krakow with tremendous vegan choice. They do a vegan Indian Thali with mango lassi, vegan pancakes with various toppings (go for the hazelnut). Set in the amazing area of Kazimierz, one of my favourite places in the world. The staff are friendly, there is no shortage of food and the value is spot on.

Pros: food, location

Totally worth the walk

5 Posted on 07 / 02 / 2010

A bit south of the city center, Momo is well worth the effort, especially for vegans, as almost all of the food is vegan and they even have vegan desserts. The place in Krakow to get nalesniki, a pancake-like Polish dish. The staff also speak English.

Pros: excellent food, good value, smoke-free

Momo is da bomb

5 Posted on 06 / 06 / 2010

Momo is a casual restaurant with amazing food. I thought the Tibetan "momo" dumplings were fantastic. They are a bit spicy with the sauce and might not be to everyone's taste but my order was freshly made and like nothing I have had before. My wife had the 3 bean pancake stuffed with beets and raisins, offered with two different sauces. mild and tasty.

As mentioned, the Ginger lemonade was quite refshing. Service was friendly and helpful, they offer an English menu, but watch out, the place is popular and can get packed at a moments notice.

Pros: Great food, Good service, Unique dishes

Good food

4 Posted on 04 / 20 / 2010

Really good food, we had the dosa, and a thali. The foods all pre made so is pretty quick, although I got my food about 10 minutes before my boyfreind as there was only one person serving and she had to take orders...

Pros: Good food, cheap, good portions

what is that taste?

3 Posted on 08 / 16 / 2009

I was excited to go here after being in ukraine and belarus.

I hear that lunch is very busy here, so we came around 2:30. At this time there was no pancakes. But thats okay.

We had the dumplings and a south indian pancake with a bean salad and mint lemonade.

Mint lemonade was great, very tasty and bean salad was nothing special but still quite good.

South indian pancake was interesting, it came with a dahl type soup and a brown sauce. Brown sauce was not something i liked but my boyfriend loved it. It was a nice dish.

Momo, the dumplings were not was i expected... and they seemed not so fresh.. or something. spicy lentil filling.. I was impressed. But i think other dishes are probably nicer. Good selection. I think that momo is not a great dish but the salads looked interesting and other dishes also seemed nice.

I would go back and see what else they had to offer.

Pros: many options, good price, nice people
Cons: momo are not good, no pancakes

Delicious

5 Posted on 07 / 17 / 2009

I thought this place was excellent! We got tons and tons of food for not so much money. We tried everything from the dosas (my favorite) to the dumplings. It was a wonderful feast.

Pros: authentic dosa, great selection, great value
Cons: awkward service

Momo

4 Posted on 03 / 18 / 2008

I'm a bit suprised about the negative comments here. I went here twice: the first time I took Masala Dosa, a Southindian pancake stuffed with herbed potatoes, served with sambar soup and spicy peanut sauce. Very good! 8/10.
I drunk a banana Lassi.
The second time I took their soup of the day, a lence soup, and I had rice with spinach. 7.5/10.

Pros: Cheap
Guest
Guest

Disappointing.

2 Posted on 09 / 02 / 2007

My boyfriend and I were excited to go to this place after reading all the good reviews here. But when we got there the place was empty. Four of the six dishes we wanted to order were unavailable, yet nothing was mentioned in the menu nor on the board. Their prime dish (and most expensive one), the Momo Tibetan dumplings, was tiny, and left much to be desired. When we politely asked the waitress to change two 5 coins for a 10 bill she gave us a rude "no" and walked away.

Pros: Tasty food (sometimes)
Cons: Bad service, Small portions

Momo, Krakow

4 Posted on 10 / 29 / 2006

I'm told momo is something of an iconic institution among Krakow vegetarians. I'm also led to believe it has won awards. I've eaten there a few times now. An enormous amount of choice for vegans. A fair chunk of the main courses are based on dishes served with vegan pancakes. Personally though I prefer the daal samber as the best dish. Nice relaxed atmo, very pleasant staff, bargain prices like all the veg*n places in Krakow seem to be. They take the ingredients to their food very seriously; very pro vegan, very pro organic. Just a few minutes walk outside the old town on the way to the increasingly popular cultural quarter of Kazimierz.

Pros: Bags of vegan choice, Organic, Nice staff and atmo

Dear Owner and Manager of Momo: