Grocery market with locations in the San Francisco Bay area. Not vegetarian but has some vegetarian friendly food and natural products. Open daily until 9pm. more-less
164 S California Ave
Palo Alto, California 94306
650-323-8361

First Review by vegan_mum
vegandoug
vegandoug

Don't waste your time

Posted on 09 / 17 / 2009

The choices for veg*n choices are no better than your basic grocery store. I wouldn't waste the time to go here as they are overpriced and have few if any veg*n items for you. Go to Country Sun a few blocks away, still $$$ but much more choice.

Cons: $$$$, Limited choices
vegan_mum
vegan_mum

questionably hygenic but has a wide selection

Posted on 06 / 14 / 2008

I live a few blocks from Mollie Stone's but never shop there, opting to walk four more blocks to Country Sun instead. Whenever I walk into Mollie Stone's, I'm greeted by the smell of urine. Yes, it's urine, not fish. Where it's coming from is anyone's guess. Needless to say this is not a good first impression. Last time I had to buy something there (due to its unavailability at Country Sun), I was shocked and horrified to watch my naked produce (I opted to skip bags, as I didn't have that much stuff) dragged through a wet spot that the cashier had just created by dragging the previous customer's dripping chicken package across the bar code reader. As I tried to figure out what to do, the cashier proceeded to charge me $15/lb. for a peach, having punched in the code for honeycomb (yes, as in bees) instead. Aghast, I corrected her, took my stuff, and left. That night I cooked the heck out of those peppers and cilantro and vowed not to return under normal circumstances.

Pros: wide selection, organic produce
Cons: unhygenic

Dear Owner and Manager of Mollie Stone's: